SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» UFOs/Aliens
Today at 1:56 am by niceonemarra

» That McNair goal
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by oldblackcat

» Predictions Week ..
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by oldblackcat

» Sunderland v Burton
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Meeting between SAFC and Supporter Groups Collective Thursday 12th April 2018, Stadium of Light
Yesterday at 12:55 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland ticket policy shift to keep out Newcastle United fans
2018-04-19, 11:47 pm by MrRAWhite

» Safe standing
2018-04-19, 11:25 pm by Hieronymus

» No news is good news!
2018-04-19, 2:20 pm by canary-dave

» Alonso named PFA left back of the year
2018-04-19, 1:04 pm by cyprussyd

» To V or not to V.
2018-04-19, 12:54 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

More encouraging words from Coleman

Go down

More encouraging words from Coleman

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 11:00 pm

Chris Coleman looking for 'a glint in the eye' not a glittering CV when he picks Sunderland teams

Black Cats manager Chris Coleman has promised he will not select his teams on reputation after three unheralded players provided the goals on Saturday
By
Stuart Rayner

• 22:30, 26 NOV 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland manager Chris Coleman (Image: Sunderland AFC)

Chris Coleman has told his Sunderland players he will judge them on performances, not reputation, after James Vaughan doubled his meagre goalscoring tally for the season and a teenager yet to start a league game secured their 2-0 win over Burton Albion.
Vaughan has had a difficult time since his £500,000 summer move from Bury, but came off the bench to score his second goal for the club. Fellow substitute Joel Asoro followed up the 85th-minute diving header with a cross George Honeyman volleyed in as the Black Cats won for the first time in the Championship in 17 matches,
In a squad with over 350 international caps, it showed the value of the less-heralded players.

“Whoever you are, if you’re fit, you’re going to be in the frame,” said manager Coleman at the end of his first week in charge. “I don’t care who you are, or whether you are an international player, as long as I can see a glint in their eyes and they want to do something about our situation, they are going to get a chance.”
Swedish Under-21 international Asoro had only made two substitute appearances in the Championship before coming off the bench at Villa Park on Tuesday, and again at Burton.
“He did well – he’s looked very lively, very quick, and he’s going to be needed,” Coleman said. “They are all going to be needed because we’ve got a few lads on the treatment table who are going to be there for some time and, with respect, they can’t help us at the moment.”
Vaughan had also come off the bench in Birmingham in midweek, flicking the ball on for Lewis Grabban’s consolation goal against Aston Villa.
“It’s never too late to make your mark at this level and we needed James in the last 20 minutes – his energy and aggression were tremendous, just what we needed,” said Coleman.

“It hasn’t been easy for him since he arrived at Sunderland – it hasn’t been easy for anybody. Everyone has had a tough time, and it’s not easy to come into that environment, but he still has that capacity to unsettle defenders and he was outstanding when he came on.”
Vaughan was booked after unwisely running towards supporters who have been frustrated at the centre-forward’s lack of goals this season cupping his ears. He will miss Saturday’s visit of Reading through suspension.
Despite Vaughan’s tetchiness, the visiting fans gave tremendous support to their team on Saturday.

“It was a horrible day – raining, snowing, freezing, everything – but loads of them still made that journey even though their team was bottom of the league with only one win all season,” marvelled Coleman, who was rather more gracious when he went to them at full-time.
“For all the negatives, sometimes there is a positive staring you in the face, and having that lot behind you, with no guarantees they were going to see a win, the least I could do was to go and thank them.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More encouraging words from Coleman

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-27, 3:22 am

That win has been too long coming but at least we can take heart that Coleman has taken the time and effort to introduce players that maybe needed a run out to show their capabilities and it paid dividends.

Manager and players seem to be on the same page and I am beginning to hear music - but then I hear many other things as well!.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-27, 2:14 pm

I can see him starting with 442 on Saturday and attacking football - best policy if you cant defend! - so what price Vaughan and Asoro getting a starting birth?

Lets get Maja fit and get him in too, we know he can score goals!!

I know its early days, but isnt Coleman's attitude and approach to selection just what we have been asking for?
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-27, 2:23 pm

Mackemneil wrote:I can see him starting with 442 on Saturday and attacking football - best policy if you cant defend! - so what price Vaughan and Asoro getting a starting birth?

Lets get Maja fit and get him in too, we know he can score goals!!

I know its early days, but isnt Coleman's attitude and approach to selection just what we have been asking for?
Vaughan suspended

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum