SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Just an observation
Today at 12:24 am by cyprussyd

» Maguire
Today at 12:23 am by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Today at 12:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 12:10 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» N'Dong
Today at 12:07 am by Silvers

» Max Stryjek
Yesterday at 11:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» legal action
Yesterday at 11:34 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Hero's and Villains
Yesterday at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» MOTM today
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by Kipper

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:42 pm by sunderpitt

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

One swallow and all that

Go down

One swallow and all that

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 4:05 am

Being a Sunderland fan teaches you that, "One swallow does not a summer make" and yes we finally got that long overdue win but it was against Burton.

So all of the well known phrases and sayings will leap to the front of everyone's mind the main one probably yes but, we are Sunderland so. But a few things are different IMO under Coleman and yes only time will tell just how different but they should give us all hope that maybe this time, just maybe.

I thought that the new manager got it spot on in his post match interview, the players and fans enjoy the next few days, enjoy that winning feeling then it's back to work to prepare to do it all over again and that will be the pattern after every game. He also pointed out the obvious, we wont win them all, we will taste defeat but providing we have given our all we can still enjoy then prepare.

Yes his tactics and above all his positive substitutions yesterday were a refreshing change, both Moyes and Grayson would probably have put on defenders to try and hang on, he didn't. His obvious passion at the end of the game and interaction with the fans was great to see, a reminder of Reid and Allardyce and so far every word he has spoken has been spot on.

It seems a lifetime since we have had anything to be cheerful about and we are probably a long way, well no we are definitely a long way from reaching those heady days of the premiership again but at least yesterday gave us hope. Not hope of the top two or play offs but a realistic hope of better days to come, winning football matches and at least competing in those we lose. Hope that we may even enjoy again and even feel a connection with club, team and manager.

We all know that whatever Coleman can achieve will be restricted by the present owner, maybe some momentum and wins will release a few million in January but it's almost certain it won't release tens of millions, only a change of ownership will release the funds needed to really move back up in a meaningful way but moving up in a small way could attract that elusive buyer.

We mackems know we are a big club but we are a big club that lost its way some time ago, during Coleman's first interview he repeatedly talked about us being a huge club and he sounded as if he really meant it. Maybe it's that belief that has been missing, maybe believing we are a huge club that just needs waking up will be the key that unlocks our potential.

But right now its baby steps with step one, a win achieved we move on to step two, a home win. Coleman talked about the 47000 fans and how many no longer go to games but they are still there. I dont expect all of the missing fans to be there on Saturday but I do expect a chunk of them to be back and maybe top 30,000. The main thing IMO is not those who are not there but those who are, its vital that we all create that positive loud atmosphere that matches the manager. The pressure wont ease in fact I expect the pressure to mount on Saturday, the players need to prove it's not the same old Sunderland who build us up to knock us down, they need to win again because Reading are just a small step up from Burton, a small step we need to take. Do that and we will see the crowds grow game by game along with confidence and belief.

Saturdays task is on paper a simple one, to make sure we take advantage of any slips around us and climb out of that bottom 3, then the pressure will be to stay out. You know I am a simpleton so don't do those hard things like work out how many points and wins we need over the season, in my simple head its just we need one more point than three other teams, surely we can achieve that?

A long road ahead but today keeping the faith is a little easier than it was yesterday morning, bask in the glory today then its back to dreaming and hoping tomorrow.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: One swallow and all that

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-11-26, 8:40 am

It was great to see our fans with a smile on their faces after a game... It has been a long time coming..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-26, 9:06 am

Back to back wins is what we have to pray for... I suspect it starts with another clean sheet..
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-26, 9:40 am

The Coal Man used to be a centre half 
So rhat is a plus.

What we didnt have yesterday were individual errors.

Burton are poor.
However Bolton are poor too but they managed three goals against us.

So an improvement yesterday.
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-26, 9:42 am

More impressed with the clean sheet mate than the actual win because we can build on clean sheets and get more and more wins. For a change results went for us so maybe our luck has broken as well, maybe it’s all finally coming together now? As you say syd time will tell.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-11-26, 9:54 am

tell that to Linda Lovelace

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 9:57 am

barrowmackem wrote:tell that to Linda Lovelace
I was expecting that from that old man canary dave

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-26, 10:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Who? Moi?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 10:27 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Who? Moi?
bj

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-26, 10:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Who? Moi?
bj

What's the difference between like and love?

Spit or swallow  Embarassed

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum