SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Fletcher v Maja
Today at 12:12 am by paddocklad

» Predictions Midweek 25
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 11:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Brentford
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by paddocklad

» Could be a defining 7 days
Yesterday at 6:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Let’s hope for a change in fortunes soon
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by Hieronymus

» The sadness of Sunderland
Yesterday at 1:03 pm by canary-dave

» No news is good news!
2018-02-16, 9:53 pm by Vincemac

» Watching them is a chore
2018-02-16, 8:05 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 25
2018-02-16, 7:14 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

What is needed

Go down

What is needed

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:00 am

Lot's of speculation about the size of Coleman's transfer kitty in January and what we need, dont understand the speculation about funds, he says himself he will have next to nothing.

He can of course sell to raise funds but who could he sell. Kone is crocked, Watmore a saleable player is crocked, Grabban is not ours to sell so I don't see a lot coming in unless we can move N'Dong on but would that be good for the club?

So maybe a million or two and the loan market it is but what does he need?

Well the starting point is we would be bringing players in to plug gaps not mount a promotion push, very different markets IMO.

A goalkeeper must be top of everyone's list and I don't see us having the cash to buy a decent one so maybe the lad from Liverpool on loan is the answer.

With Kone out and doubtful anyway, Wilson not proven with us and O'Shea getting on a wee bit its either one or two centre backs or promotion from the kids.

Mid field is not that bad but Williams being out for 3 months leaves us short especially of some creativity, add in Watmore and we also lose pace so reinforcements there are needed.

Our goals rely on Grabban and if he is crocked who knows or do we rely on Maja?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What is needed

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-25, 10:08 am

How many loans do we have left mate? or will we need to send some back?
We need reinforcements all over the pitch just to stay in this league and, with limited if any funds that will be a big ask. He has said he will need to sell but, with our saleable assets all injured can’t see there being much available there. Our only other asset at present is Grabban, if he goes as you say who scores the goals?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-25, 10:13 am

Stop it, I am in positive mode today and solutions to all these problems will be found Very Happy

love sunderland
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-25, 10:18 am

I think we're up to the maximum amount of loans that's why they had to sign Wilson and mcmannaman
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:21 am

Clubs are allowed to have eight players on loan, but can only field a maximum of five loan signings in any one game.

Here are the official EFL rules:

52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; 

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-25, 10:22 am

So we will have to buy a keeper then not loan him unless some or most go back, probably the bulk of our transfer kitty there
Emergency keeper loans only work with injuries mate not because they are crap, if I remember rightly.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum