SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Cookie on Rodwell

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Cookie on Rodwell

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-26, 10:20 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:As many have said Kiwi he does have the ability it’s just the application that is missing. Maybe we aren’t the team to get the best out of him, maybe it’s time to cut our losses on him or, will Coleman get the application of his ability spot on? Can we afford the time this will take? personally I think we should get rid.
Easier said than done unless he is prepared to take a big pay cut
Very easily done.
Just pay the useless bastards contract up & f*ck him off.
He obviously has no interest. He'll end up somewhere like Rochdale.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-26, 10:32 am

If it was me syd I would rather take a pay cut and get my reputation back up playing regularly for someone else than just sit around collecting his cash with us. I reckon his time sat on his arse at City whether through injury or the plain fact that City bought way better so he wasn’t up to it has tainted his attitude now. Again though it’s up to him to either get back to being the player most seem to agree he was or get out.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 10:35 am

talcnturnip wrote:If it was me syd I would rather take a pay cut and get my reputation back up playing regularly for someone else than just sit around collecting his cash with us. I reckon his time sat on his arse at City whether through injury or the plain fact that City bought way better so he wasn’t up to it has tainted his attitude now. Again though it’s up to him to either get back to being the player most seem to agree  he was or get out.
I think Rodders has shown he is more than happy to sit back and take the cash. His contract is up at the end of next season and he is on 2.8 mil a year, not bad.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-26, 10:50 am

Another reason to look at shipping him out for something anything to recoup a small amount of cash or, do we just leave it until it’s too late and he goes for nothing? my money is on the latter, it’s the Sunderland way of transfer dealing lately.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-11-26, 11:04 am

Talc you make it sound so simple. The problem with shipping him out is that if he has to take a pay cut to go somewhere else he is quite able and quite likely to say 'No I am not going' and there is very little SAFC can do about it.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-26, 11:16 am

We signed him in August 2014 ... on a 5 year contract.

So we have him until summer 2019.... probably 30th June 2019 ....

So just another 18 months to go...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 11:22 am

We also have a small squad and injuries so would it be wise to get rid right now? Maybe it would be better to see if Coleman can get the best out of him.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-26, 11:23 am

I know it’s not as simple as I put it Lever I’m just looking at options either ship out or lose for nothing in 18 fun packed months. Hoping Coleman can do something with him mate, if he does decide to leave for nothing he will be looking to up his game for any potential teams who might look at him on a free, that should see us benefit from that before he leaves.
As syd says though I think he is more than likely to sit it out take the cash then go, pity really as he does have what it takes to be a top player he just can’t remember where he put it.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-26, 11:25 am

He is on premiership wages...  £40k per week ...

Would any Premier Club take him on ????

Perhaps West Ham may be interested..    Cool
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-26, 6:22 pm

My money is on Coleman getting him to either perform by mid-January go public about his future prospects.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-26, 6:36 pm

Silvers wrote:He is on premiership wages...  £40k per week ...

I have heard £60k p. But then do mot pretend I am in the know
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 6:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

I heard 70 from a m,an who knows his cousin's wife's hairdresser

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-26, 7:05 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

[size=30]Jack Rodwell[/size]
English footballer
Jack Christian Rodwell is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Championship club Sunderland. Rodwell joined Everton's academy at the age of seven, and made his debut in 2007. Wikipedia

Born: 11 March 1991 (age 26), Southport
Height: 1.88 m
Spouse: Alana Licate (m. 2013)
Salary: 2.08 million GBP (2012)
Current teams: Sunderland A.F.C. (#8 / Midfielder), England national football team (Midfielder)
Parents: Malcolm Rodwell, Carol Rodwell

COULD BE FAKE NEWS OF COURSE....
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-26, 7:29 pm

If Coleman can't get any reaction I think we should be touting him abroad, it would suit his game more and the weather is better for the poor guy. At 26 he should be approaching his best. When he is finished, gets older, he will be able to tell the grand kids how he wasted a talent that most of us mere mortals would have given much for!

Agree with much above, I think his main problem is between the ears. Interesting that Coleman has mentioned the need for a sports psychologist to help get the squad out of the doldrums. Whoever he brings in will have to work wonders to turn Rodders around, but you never know ........ It could save us a fortune in replacing him!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-26, 7:35 pm

I suspect the squad would be better without him
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-26, 7:35 pm

Mackemneil wrote:If Coleman can't get any reaction I think we should be touting him abroad, it would suit his game more and the weather is better for the poor guy. At 26 he should be approaching his best. When he is finished, gets older, he will be able to tell the grand kids how he wasted a talent that most of us mere mortals would have given much for!

Agree with much above, I think his main problem is between the ears. Interesting that Coleman has mentioned the need for a sports psychologist to help get the squad out of the doldrums. Whoever he brings in will have to work wonders to turn Rodders around, but you never know ........ It could save us a fortune in replacing him!
Start by changing his number to 51

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-26, 7:44 pm

Change has already happened...

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-26, 8:05 pm

He needs a swift kick in the bollocks the lazy tw*t.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-26, 8:11 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:If Coleman can't get any reaction I think we should be touting him abroad, it would suit his game more and the weather is better for the poor guy. At 26 he should be approaching his best. When he is finished, gets older, he will be able to tell the grand kids how he wasted a talent that most of us mere mortals would have given much for!

As with USAF area 51... Roswell
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-26, 8:17 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Wasn't that where the alien spaceship crashed?
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-26, 8:30 pm

Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

It has been my contenion that when Rodwell crossed the white line onto the pitch.. he disappeared... just like aliens in Roswell area 51or something similar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-27, 12:54 am

sunderpitt wrote:
Billy D wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

As with USAF area 51... Roswell  like

It has been my contention that when Rodwell cross's the white line onto the pitch.. he disappears... just like aliens in Roswell Area 51 or something similar
Sorted for you  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-27, 3:47 am

In a way he has become a white elephant through no fault of his due to the regular change of manager who could not define a suitable role for him and let's face it only a mug would move if a big pay drop was involved. I thought that someone would eventually give him a go as a secondary CB and him and Kone would/should make a good pairing.  When we played Arsenal in the Advocaat survival a long time Gooner reckoned that Riodwell did such an effective job in man-marking Corzola to the point that the Arsenal's service to the front men was nil. 

Coleman knows the score in that position so maybe he can revive his career as a possible  CB before too long.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-27, 3:55 am

Now if Coleman can get Kone and Rodwell committed and at their very best that would be a miracle.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-27, 10:05 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:As many have said Kiwi he does have the ability it’s just the application that is missing. Maybe we aren’t the team to get the best out of him, maybe it’s time to cut our losses on him or, will Coleman get the application of his ability spot on? Can we afford the time this will take? personally I think we should get rid.
Easier said than done unless he is prepared to take a big pay cut

My argument for cutting our losses with Roswell is that in the dim and distant past when I have been part of sporting teams, having someone like him in the squad,( earning lots not my team I hasten to add), training with the team but not playing , would be somewhat of a downer and a blight on the whole squad... you cannot be semi-detached. Being injured is one thing you still turn up and cheer training and the team games and be part of it... but Roswell is he not the ghost of christmas past ?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum