SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Cookie on Rodwell

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cookie on Rodwell

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 5:35 pm

"It's down to the individual - it's up to Jack - whatever he needs to do to play more, that's what he has to do. I will help him if he wants my help". Chris Coleman tackles the problem that is Jack Rodwell. BBC Newcastle 'Total Sport' this evening from 5.30 with Simon Pryde, Marco Gabbiadini and Steve Howey.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cookie on Rodwell

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-23, 6:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:"It's down to the individual - it's up to Jack - whatever he needs to do to play more, that's what he has to do. I will help him if he wants my help". Chris Coleman tackles the problem that is Jack Rodwell. BBC Newcastle 'Total Sport' this evening from 5.30 with Simon Pryde, Marco Gabbiadini and Steve Howey.

I'm fairly sure there is a good player in there somewhere trying to get out!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 6:10 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:"It's down to the individual - it's up to Jack - whatever he needs to do to play more, that's what he has to do. I will help him if he wants my help". Chris Coleman tackles the problem that is Jack Rodwell. BBC Newcastle 'Total Sport' this evening from 5.30 with Simon Pryde, Marco Gabbiadini and Steve Howey.

I'm fairly sure there is a good player in there somewhere trying to get out!   like
Ability, physique, skill all good.
Application and attitude very bad

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-23, 6:14 pm

canary-dave wrote:

A good player in a good team doesn't necessarily make a good player in a poor team.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 6:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman issues strong message to Jack Rodwell
Chris Coleman has no doubts over Jack Rodwell's ability but says he has to play more and has to 'offer himself up more' if he is to turn his Sunderland career around.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 6:32 pm

He's f*cking shite.
Biggest waste of money since Flo.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 6:42 pm

Billy D wrote:He's f*cking shite.
Biggest waste of money since Flo.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 6:46 pm

OK you have beaten me, I give in.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-24, 12:05 am

I was listening to the interview.
Coal man was asked about him being a new broom.

He replied a new broom if it is sweeping the same floor will have the same result...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-24, 5:52 am

Just don't get Roswell he has the talent but don't understand where the application has gone is he just happy sitting there taking the money????? You would think he will want to prove everyone wrong ....one thing for sure the Roswell of a few years ago would be an asset to any team
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-24, 5:57 am

He will need an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to clean our mess up mate that, is why people are sceptical of all the nice words being bandied about by him and the club. Until we see positive actions and reactions from the board and players I for one will be taking everything coming out of the club with a very large pinch of salt. Everyone wants Coleman to succeed but, without backing from Short and Bain in the form of transfer funds as let’s face it our squad is very poor then he will be on a hiding to nothing.
We all know that he won’t get a massive budget and, that money doesn’t guarantee success but, no money and no investment means we are where we are now bottom of the pile two wins adrift of safety never mind the mid table many reckon we can achieve.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-24, 7:50 am

talcnturnip wrote:He will need an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to clean our mess up mate that, is why people are sceptical of all the nice words being bandied about by him and the club. Until we see positive actions and reactions from the board and players I for one will be taking everything coming out of the club with a very large pinch of salt. Everyone wants Coleman to succeed but, without backing from Short and Bain in the form of transfer funds as let’s face it our squad is very poor then he will be on a hiding to nothing.
We all know that he won’t get a massive budget and, that money doesn’t guarantee success but, no money and no investment means we are where we are now bottom of the pile two wins adrift of safety never mind the mid table many reckon we can achieve.
You'll get wrang off some on here for being realistic.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-24, 10:24 am

Have to say it is looking bleak....

The players are simply not good enough even for the Championship -  they need to be strong, competitive, consistent (good rather than bad)

3 wins on the bounce would change that of course, but how can we expect that from a bunch of players who have yet to win at home this season ?

It's all about January and giving the Coal Man the tools to do his job...

I would like to think we will be pleasantly surprised....

After all, the club got £100m for finishing bottom last season and they got £30m+ in sales.

So surely there has to be some petty cash around for January..

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-24, 10:40 am

talcnturnip wrote:He will need an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to clean our mess up mate that, is why people are sceptical of all the nice words being bandied about by him and the club. Until we see positive actions and reactions from the board and players I for one will be taking everything coming out of the club with a very large pinch of salt. Everyone wants Coleman to succeed but, without backing from Short and Bain in the form of transfer funds as let’s face it our squad is very poor then he will be on a hiding to nothing.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-11-24, 7:45 pm

Hmmm......sadly Rodwell hasn't shown the talent he had for Everton (that inspired Man City to sign him) for us.Can Coleman do what other managers failed to do and get him playing and displaying the talent he had? Well it would be a minor miracle if he could but let's see....

As for our players not being good enough,is that really the case? or is it the tactics? or the coaching? or a combination of all of the above? I personally think we should take a look at our squad and adapt tactics to play to our strengths,which imo isn't a long high ball to a solitary striker,the tactic applied by our last couple of managers.Until we address this problem we will continue to struggle.

I for one think if Coleman can get the squad playing to it's strengths and for one another anything could happen....think I'm talking crap?.....Remember what a limited Wimbledon squad achieved? and what we perceive to be lesser teams than us do now i.e...Burnley,Southampton, Huddersfield,Brighton,bournemouth etc... compete and play in the Premier league on limited budget's with so called limited players
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 9:01 am

oldblackcat wrote:Hmmm......sadly Rodwell hasn't shown the talent he had for Everton (that inspired Man City to sign him) for us.Can Coleman do what other managers failed to do and get him playing and displaying the talent he had? Well it would be a minor miracle if he could but let's see....

As for our players not being good enough,is that really the case? or is it the tactics? or the coaching? or a combination of all of the above? I personally think we should take a look at our squad and adapt tactics to play to our strengths,which imo isn't a long high ball to a solitary striker,the tactic applied by our last couple of managers.Until we address this problem we will continue to struggle.

I for one think if Coleman can get the squad playing to it's strengths and for one another anything could happen....think I'm talking crap?.....Remember what a limited Wimbledon squad achieved? and what we perceive to be lesser teams than us do now i.e...Burnley,Southampton, Huddersfield,Brighton,bournemouth etc... compete and play in the Premier league on limited budget's with so called limited players
One small example, did we only draw against Millwall because we had a bad team or because of bad goalkeeping?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-25, 9:55 am

The problem being OBC is that it is a mix of all the above but, you cannot get away from the fact that the players we have are just not good enough. If we were half way decent and a mid table team just unlucky then we would be round about mid table not at the bottom. To get the best from them would take a miracle of biblical proportions. The training methods, coaching and tactics are down to the manager, hopefully Coleman can sort that out to be honest I’m still not sold on him but, will give him a chance. Unfortunately with the number of managers increasing so the time given to them to show improvement is decreasing.
As for last week syd both teams had poor keepers which is why we drew.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:02 am

talcnturnip wrote:The problem being OBC is that it is a mix of all the above but, you cannot get away from the fact that the players we have are just not good enough. If we were half way decent and a mid table team just unlucky then we would be round about mid table not at the bottom. To get the best from them would take a miracle of biblical proportions. The training methods, coaching and tactics are down to the manager, hopefully Coleman can sort that out to be honest I’m still not sold on him but, will give him a chance. Unfortunately with the number of managers increasing so the time given to them to show improvement is decreasing.
As for last week syd both teams had poor keepers which is why we drew.
They did but if we had a decent keeper we would have won

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-25, 10:13 am

If they had a decent keeper we would have lost mate works both ways.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:18 am

talcnturnip wrote:If they had a decent keeper we would have lost mate works both ways.
We will never agree and only time will tell who is right.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-25, 10:26 am

Games over and done with mate unless you have a TARDIS in your shed!!! Both right for me.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-11-25, 11:29 am

There’s nothing worse than watching a potentially talented player with a bad attitude. I’d rather see an average player giving it all than a talented player giving it bugger all.

I think deep down Rodwell is a decent player but to put it mildly there is something in head that has gone awol.

He was unfortunate at City mainly due to injuries which prevented him getting a regular run in the team.  I don’t know whether it’s annoying or sad that he has been crap playing for you.

Trying to look on the bright side I’ll mention Fabian Delph who last season I’d have bet a lot of money that he wouldn’t wear a blue shirt again, because of injuries he’s now getting rave revues playing out of position at left back.  Is that down to Delph, Pep or both?  Yes both,  but surely the manager and back room staff should take a fair amount of credit for bringing the best out of him.

I hope Coleman can turn Rodwells career around as surely even a blithering idiot can see it has to be his last chance.  I wouldn’t mind giving him a good kick up the arse myself.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-25, 8:46 pm

There's a mighty fine player in there somewhere, it just needs someone from another area to find it[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-26, 9:54 am

As many have said Kiwi he does have the ability it’s just the application that is missing. Maybe we aren’t the team to get the best out of him, maybe it’s time to cut our losses on him or, will Coleman get the application of his ability spot on? Can we afford the time this will take? personally I think we should get rid.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-26, 9:59 am

talcnturnip wrote:As many have said Kiwi he does have the ability it’s just the application that is missing. Maybe we aren’t the team to get the best out of him, maybe it’s time to cut our losses on him or, will Coleman get the application of his ability spot on? Can we afford the time this will take? personally I think we should get rid.
Easier said than done unless he is prepared to take a big pay cut

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum