SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Should we keep him?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we keep him?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 11:54 am

According to reports in Spain, La Liga outfit Celta Vigo are keen to take Papy Djilobodji off Sunderland’s hands, and best of all - they’re willing to pay a fee.



The Senegalese defender is on loan at French side Dijon FCO this season after exiting Wearside on deadline day following a poor first season in English football.
Djilobodji was signed by David Moyes for a fee of £8m in the summer of 2016 but failed to impress as Sunderland were relegated. All things being equal, he would be expected to return to the Stadium of Light next summer as the loan agreement between the Black Cats and The Mustards contains no automatic option to buy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Djilobodji in action for Dijon
But it seems the 28-year-old’s re-found form in France has attracted the interest of clubs around Europe. Djilobodji has impressed at the heart of Dijon’s defence as his side have lifted themselves clear of the Ligue 1 relegation zone with three wins in their last four.
The Sunderland-owned centre half has completed 90 minutes in each of Dijon’s nine league matches to date after not featuring for the Black Cats from January onwards in the Premier League last season.
Djilobodji fell out of favour with Moyes after receiving a four game suspension for violent conduct after appearing to strike West Brom’s Darren Fletcher. He was restricted to a place on the bench upon his return with the occasional outing for the Under-23s
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Djilobodji playing for the U23s in August Photo by Mark Runnacles/Getty Images
The Spanish report claims Celta Vigo may yet be put off by Sunderland’s asking price but that initial contact between the two club’s and the player’s agent has been made.
It seems unlikely Djilobodji would be able to move in the January window but that would be dependent on the terms of his loan agreement. If he did, any cash income would surely be gratefully received by new Sunderland boss Chris Coleman.
Who knows what the defender will be worth now - perhaps half what Sunderland paid for him just 15 months ago?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-23, 12:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:According to reports in Spain, La Liga outfit Celta Vigo are keen to take Papy Djilobodji off Sunderland’s hands, and best of all - they’re willing to pay a fee.



The Senegalese defender is on loan at French side Dijon FCO this season after exiting Wearside on deadline day following a poor first season in English football.
Djilobodji was signed by David Moyes for a fee of £8m in the summer of 2016 but failed to impress as Sunderland were relegated. All things being equal, he would be expected to return to the Stadium of Light next summer as the loan agreement between the Black Cats and The Mustards contains no automatic option to buy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Djilobodji in action for Dijon
But it seems the 28-year-old’s re-found form in France has attracted the interest of clubs around Europe. Djilobodji has impressed at the heart of Dijon’s defence as his side have lifted themselves clear of the Ligue 1 relegation zone with three wins in their last four.
The Sunderland-owned centre half has completed 90 minutes in each of Dijon’s nine league matches to date after not featuring for the Black Cats from January onwards in the Premier League last season.
Djilobodji fell out of favour with Moyes after receiving a four game suspension for violent conduct after appearing to strike West Brom’s Darren Fletcher. He was restricted to a place on the bench upon his return with the occasional outing for the Under-23s
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Djilobodji playing for the U23s in August Photo by Mark Runnacles/Getty Images
The Spanish report claims Celta Vigo may yet be put off by Sunderland’s asking price but that initial contact between the two club’s and the player’s agent has been made.
It seems unlikely Djilobodji would be able to move in the January window but that would be dependent on the terms of his loan agreement. If he did, any cash income would surely be gratefully received by new Sunderland boss Chris Coleman.
Who knows what the defender will be worth now - perhaps half what Sunderland paid for him just 15 months ago?
If they want him they will have to pay big money 










Or we might give him away
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 12:26 pm

He was awful for us. Kone was Good?

Now Dillybodgy is playing well and Kone is injured/ crap

Football huh
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6335
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-23, 2:11 pm

Should we keep him? Is that a serious question? No let's get him back and stick him on a 5 year contract on £60k a week with no relegation clause.

What would I do? Sell him for whatever we can get but insist they have to take Rodwell as well.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 630
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-23, 5:02 pm

Kipper wrote:Should we keep him? Is that a serious question? No let's get him back and stick him on a 5 year contract on £60k a week with no relegation clause.

What would I do? Sell him for whatever we can get but insist they have to take Rodwell as well.
Exactly
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 5:11 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Kipper wrote:Should we keep him? Is that a serious question? No let's get him back and stick him on a 5 year contract on £60k a week with no relegation clause.

What would I do? Sell him for whatever we can get but insist they have to take Rodwell as well.
Exactly
Agreed.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3084
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 5:30 pm

Kipper wrote:Should we keep him? Is that a serious question? No let's get him back and stick him on a 5 year contract on £60k a week with no relegation clause.

What would I do? Sell him for whatever we can get but insist they have to take Rodwell as well.

like
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6335
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 5:33 pm

I agree and dont think there is a cat in hells chance of us keeping him, however, is he good enough for the championship and given our defensive shortcomings would he improve us?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we keep him?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum