SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Fletcher v Maja
Today at 12:12 am by paddocklad

» Predictions Midweek 25
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 11:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Brentford
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by paddocklad

» Could be a defining 7 days
Yesterday at 6:50 pm by Mackemneil

» Let’s hope for a change in fortunes soon
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by Hieronymus

» The sadness of Sunderland
Yesterday at 1:03 pm by canary-dave

» No news is good news!
2018-02-16, 9:53 pm by Vincemac

» Watching them is a chore
2018-02-16, 8:05 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 25
2018-02-16, 7:14 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-11-24, 10:56 am

I have kept quiet over the past few weeks because I have been rather stunned by the recent results.
What has changed from last season.
Different managers X 2
Goalkeepers with some and great quality.
Tactics?
So why are we in the shit?
Many comments about the quality of our existing squad are worthy of mid league.
So why aren't we mid league currently?
Must be tactics?
Motivation also?
Hat else?
Hopefully the Coalman can bring home the coals on this.
However it is blooming fully obviousl that we need strengthening in January. You would think that Mr Short would see this to protect his investment which is currently going down the plughole.
So what is the inherent thing wrong here and I don't know what it is. We can be positive or negative but it makes no difference because we don't make the decisions. We can only kmake our voice heard.
Maybe Marin Bain is acting on very strong instructions. Does he have carte blanche or does he strictly toe the line.
Truth is I think that none of us know.
How does this help?
Well we have what we have and the Coalman wants commitment from the players and we in support have to give our support and commitment until proved otherwise.
I understand we have been here many times before recently and we are all sceptical but this guy seems to have what is needed to sleep us forward. Fingers crossed.
oxfordshire
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-24, 12:25 pm

Yes, he must have support come January 1st.

The revenue implications of a further relegation must be giving Shorty some cause for concern... hopefully...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-24, 4:51 pm

CHRIS COLEMAN ISSUES CAUTIOUS BUT REALISTIC MESSAGE AHEAD OF BURTON ALBION CLASH

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

New Sunderland boss Chris Coleman tasted defeat in his first game in charge of the Black Cats, with the loss at Aston Villa confirming their status as the Championship’s bottom club.
Victory at Villa was a long-shot, with Steve Bruce’s men flying-high in the league, and Coleman will draw positives from the closely-fought 2-1 defeat.
The trip to Burton Albion this weekend is a game the former Wales boss will target as a must-win, with Sunderland’s relegation rivals sitting three points above them in the final relegation spot.
Sunderland enter the game against the former non-league side as underdogs, with a journalist at Coleman’s pre-match press conference raising this point with the new manager.
“That’s a realistic way of looking at things, and I like that,” admitted the 47-year-old.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“It hurts, it pinches.
“Burton have come from the lower leagues, but they’re a Championship club and we’re a Championship club.
“We’re the bottom club, that’s where we are and we have to face up to that.”
The Verdict
I think Sunderland fans will enjoy Coleman’s approach in his pre-match presser.
There is no point in the manager going in full guns blazing claiming that his side are going to claim the three points, because there is no guarantee this will happen.
Optimism is obviously required when involved in a relegation battle, but realism is equally as important.
Installing a false sense of belief in players and fans will only backfire when results do not go your way, and the approach taken by Coleman appears to be the correct one...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-clash/

[size=32]CHRIS COLEMAN ISSUES CAUTIOUS, BUT REALISTIC MESSAGE AHEAD OF BURTON ALBION CLASH[/size]
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-24, 6:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:N'Dong out for 3 weeks 

Perhaps Syd's lovechild Roswell will get a game?
RUITER
OSHEA  BROWNING WILSON
MATTHEWS CATTERMOLE MACNAIR GOOCH OVIEDO
MCREADY
GRABBAN

Not a bad team... who is on the bench?
Vaughan, Steele, Gibson, Honeyman, Jones  and JR?
F*ck Gibson, he's utter w*nk and slower than the last 10 minutes at graft. Stick Beadling, Robson or anybody but him.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-24, 6:15 pm

I expect us to win 4-0 tomorrow. Vaughan n Grabbban 2 each.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-25, 7:31 am

I would be very happy with a win...

We cannot continue to lose can we?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-25, 7:32 am

gil t azell wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:N'Dong out for 3 weeks 

Perhaps Syd's lovechild Roswell will get a game?
RUITER
OSHEA  BROWNING WILSON
MATTHEWS CATTERMOLE MACNAIR GOOCH OVIEDO
MCREADY
GRABBAN

Not a bad team... who is on the bench?
Vaughan, Steele, Gibson, Honeyman, Jones  and JR?
F*ck Gibson, he's utter w*nk and slower than the last 10 minutes at graft. Stick Beadling, Robson or anybody but him.

Yeah Gibson us probably worse than Catts
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 9:09 am

Coleman is under tremendous pressure today and simply needs a win to keep the feel good factor of his appointment going.

Already I see knives being sharpened, not on here maybe but sharpened all the same. IMO Coleman is almost unsackable and will see the season out whatever happens. Everyone was amazed when he joined us and if he was sacked everyone will be a bit down when McCoist comes.

So we need patience but patience is not an easy thing to find when it's been needed for so long so for Colemans sake, the players sake, the clubs sake and above all the fans sake a win is needed like never before.

Most game we ask for commitment and effort along with a performance but today I would cheer a beachball if I could find one, 3 points please.

I feel a long afternoon ahead and not many finger nails left by the end of it.

Win and over 30,000 will be there next Saturday to create a great atmosphere.
Lose and who knows what.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-25, 9:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:Coleman is under tremendous pressure today and simply needs a win to keep the feel good factor of his appointment going.

Already I see knives being sharpened, not on here maybe but sharpened all the same. IMO Coleman is almost unsackable and will see the season out whatever happens. Everyone was amazed when he joined us and if he was sacked everyone will be a bit down when McCoist comes.

So we need patience but patience is not an easy thing to find when it's been needed for so long so for Colemans sake, the players sake, the clubs sake and above all the fans sake a win is needed like never before.

Most game we ask for commitment and effort along with a performance but today I would cheer a beachball if I could find one, 3 points please.

Lose and who knows what.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-25, 9:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:Coleman is under tremendous pressure today and simply needs a win to keep the feel good factor of his appointment going.

Lose and who knows what.
Coleman will be here till end of the season, no doubt. Cannot have another sacking. But there will be no need anyway as he will ensure the team he puts out on a match day will fight for those points we need. I like him and think he is a good appointment.

His background, working class, from the valleys, is similar to many of us here. Coleman knows what our club means to us and he will not allow himself to fail. On a frosty and very sunny morning I feel the green shoots of recovery; of hope and excitement for a better future. KTF
love sunderland
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 9:41 am

Hieronymus wrote:

Lose and who knows what.
Coleman will be here till end of the season, no doubt. Cannot have another sacking. But there will be no need anyway as he will ensure the team he puts out on a match day will fight for those points we need. I like him and think he is a good appointment.

His background, working class, from the valleys, is similar to many of us here. Coleman knows what our club means to us and he will not allow himself to fail. On a frosty and very sunny morning I feel the green shoots of recovery; of hope and excitement for a better future. KTF
love sunderland
like like like like like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-25, 10:00 am

Coleman for me is under no pressure at all mate he has been here a week way way too little time to stamp his mark on the team. This is me saying this and not being overly confident with Coleman in charge, hopefully others will see it the same way, not holding my breath though.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:31 am

With Bolton away at Wolves a win for us could see us move up to third bottom, still in bottom three but a big psychological boost for everyone.

Birmingham are away to Sheffield United at 17.30 so things COULD look a lot brighter by bed time.

But of course, no, let's not go there.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-25, 10:44 am

Will take third bottom mate better than rock bottom.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 10:59 am

The appointment of Chris Coleman has offered tentative grounds for optimism amongst a fan base that had been fast losing faith. 

An arduous relegation season has so far been followed by much of the same in the second tier. Coleman’s charismatic presence has been a breath of fresh air in his first week but as his side prepare to face Burton Albion, that sense of a new beginning can only be sustained by improved results and the sight of the Black Cats climbing the league table. 

It is a point not lost on the new Sunderland boss, who has urged his side to halt their worrying slide towards the third tier of English football. 

He said: “We’re the only ones who can change it, the mood of the club. “You know we can go out and do as much PR, coming out smiling, getting out in the community, which we should and do do anyway, but that doesn’t change the mood of the club. “The mood of the club changes with performances of the first team, that’s just how it is. “Everybody looks at the first team, and we haven’t been getting it right, once we do that the mood changes. “When you’re at a big club and it is going bad it is a very heavy feeling, it is hard to start pushing it forward again. But when you do it is hard to stop it.” Coleman has stressed the importance of laying down a clear philosophy and game plan for his side to help them climb away from trouble, and says that will not be altered by the magnitude of the game at the Pirelli Stadium. 

Burton, currently occupying the last relegation spot and with five home defeats on the spin, will open up a six point gap on Sunderland if they win. He said: “It is, it’s huge. That’s the realism, the players know that, but my talk to them won’t be [about if being a six-pointer], ‘if we lose’, ‘if this doesn’t happen’. “I’ll be saying to them there’s a game plan here, this is how we’re going to go about it our business, this is how we perform well, that’s what I concentrate with the players on. “We’re not going there to survive for 90 minutes, we shouldn’t go anywhere to do that, we’ve got to go and show ourselves. 

That’s what we’ll be concentrating on.” Nigel Clough’s side may well be able to call on talented attacker Joe Mason, who has returned to training following an injury. Centre-back Jake Buxton is rated at 50-50 but experienced duo Lloyd Dyer and John Brayford have both been ruled out of contention.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 12:56 pm

Chris Coleman has challenged his players to turn a corner in their season this Saturday at Burton Albion.
The Welshman took charge of his first match as Sunderland manager on Tuesday, and was forced to name a much-changed side due to injuries as Aston Villa narrowly secured all three points.
But Coleman took heart from his first viewing, and has admitted his players must continue to heed his advice while ensuring they are doing everything they can to prepare correctly.
Speaking at his Burton Albion press conference on Thursday, the 47-year-old also ramped up the importance of Saturday’s match at the Pirelli Stadium, urging his players to relish  the mental challenge facing them.  
 “They have been receptive since I have been here but to get them where I want them to be will probably take a little bit longer,” he said.
“That’s time we don’t have.
“The position we are in, we have got to turn a corner sooner rather than later and escape the position.
“Overall, it is difficult as well because we have got so many injuries so there are many players who haven’t had any time with us.
“We had first-team players unavailable for our first game on Tuesday but the guys who were available tried to do what we asked and that’s the important thing.
“Every game between now and the end of the season, whether we are at Burton or at Molineux, we have to have the (big game) mentality.
“We have to know the importance of it, we know that we can’t say that ‘it’s ok because there’s another game coming up’. I want the players to focus on themselves and the game plan,” he continued.
“That is what will turn the corner for us. We have to focus on ourselves and stay sharp. These are great games to be involved in.
“These are situations where you learn a lot about yourself, it is going to be a tough game but a good one for us.” 

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 2:02 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-25, 2:37 pm

Poor old JR ignored again 

The line-up is about as good as we have atm
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 2:42 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Poor old JR ignored again 

The line-up is about as good as we have atm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 2:49 pm

New role for Rodwell

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-25, 2:52 pm

[size=30]Jack Rodwell[/size]
English footballer
Jack Christian Rodwell is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Championship club Sunderland. Rodwell joined Everton's academy at the age of seven, and made his debut in 2007. Wikipedia

Born: 11 March 1991 (age 26), Southport
Height: 1.88 m
Spouse: Alana Licate (m. 2013)
Salary: 2.08 million GBP (2012)
Current teams: Sunderland A.F.C. (#8 / Midfielder), England national football team (Midfielder)
Parents: Malcolm Rodwell, Carol Rodwell
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-25, 2:56 pm

That is £40,000 per week..

Very nice...

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 2:59 pm

And we are off

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-25, 3:46 pm

HT 0-0

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-25, 4:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:HT 0-0
I'm so excited I've got a bonk on.
Mags 0-3 down at home to Watford.  Very Happy
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)