SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» League Table Week 21
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 22
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by canary-dave

» What about us? Come on son you will love Roker
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 21
Yesterday at 8:11 pm by gil t azell

» RIP Jimmy
Yesterday at 8:03 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Hull City--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» A Good read IMO
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Robin Ruiter
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by Hieronymus

» Will we stay up with no reinforcements?
Yesterday at 11:26 am by Billy D

» Thanks Syd, thanks Billy
Yesterday at 11:20 am by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

A Villa point of view.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Villa point of view.

Post  Peas_in_a_Pod on 2017-11-21, 10:38 pm

Alright lads,

Tonight must have been yet another frustrating result in a series of dreadful and frustrating results. Never have I ever felt such an empathy with another club, I used to hate Sunderland as it was normally, sadly, us against each other to avoid that dreaded drop. Two clubs where the signing policy was complete bullshit, and the American owners were complete cunts. Absentee owners always hurt the whole club.

I've watched your season with interest, I did predict it would be this awful for you. When we dropped at least Lerner f*cked off, at the moment you are stuck with Short. That said, even a takeover wouldn't have delivered the instant bounce back you all wanted. Just like us, your club has developed a culture of failure and is saddled with mercenaries and wankers who you can't get rid of but are obliged to keep paying (See Micah Richards, resident cheerleader at Villa, on 50k a week. Best friends with Agbonlahor, record Premier League goalscorer for the club but all around scumbag....on 60k a week)

I had a look through your squad, I don't think Coleman is a particularly good manager, but I also think Bruce is a shit manager and he's somehow bundled us up to 4th. There is defo some quality to work with, however unbalanced. You won't go down.

Your first season down for a while is going much like ours did last season, it's misery and drudgery and it literally affects the whole atmosphere of the club. Tonight was not a great game, it was one of those 'win in any way possible' type of games. We're fortunate that we're one year ahead on that road to recovery that you've joined us on.

The championship season really only starts now, this is where the international breaks finish, the mid week games are constant, and runs and momentum begin. I really hope you guys get a get a takeover soon. Ellis Short is clueless and a cancer, like Lerner was. Hiring and firing, no consistency and a mish mash squad of about a million managers.

Like I said, never posted on another teams forum before, but the parallels between the two clubs are staggering. Here's hoping you find that spark and get those few results to turn it around.

@TomFox90
Peas_in_a_Pod

Back to top Go down

Re: A Villa point of view.

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-21, 10:59 pm

Peas_in_a_Pod wrote:Alright lads,

Tonight must have been yet another frustrating result in a series of dreadful and frustrating results. Never have I ever felt such an empathy with another club, I used to hate Sunderland as it was normally, sadly, us against each other to avoid that dreaded drop. Two clubs where the signing policy was complete bullshit, and the American owners were complete cunts. Absentee owners always hurt the whole club.

I've watched your season with interest, I did predict it would be this awful for you. When we dropped at least Lerner f*cked off, at the moment you are stuck with Short. That said, even a takeover wouldn't have delivered the instant bounce back you all wanted. Just like us, your club has developed a culture of failure and is saddled with mercenaries and wankers who you can't get rid of but are obliged to keep paying (See Micah Richards, resident cheerleader at Villa, on 50k a week. Best friends with Agbonlahor, record Premier League goalscorer for the club but all around scumbag....on 60k a week)

I had a look through your squad, I don't think Coleman is a particularly good manager, but I also think Bruce is a shit manager and he's somehow bundled us up to 4th. There is defo some quality to work with, however unbalanced. You won't go down.

Your first season down for a while is going much like ours did last season, it's misery and drudgery and it literally affects the whole atmosphere of the club. Tonight was not a great game, it was one of those 'win in any way possible' type of games. We're fortunate that we're one year ahead on that road to recovery that you've joined us on.

The championship season really only starts now, this is where the international breaks finish, the mid week games are constant, and runs and momentum begin. I really hope you guys get a get a takeover soon. Ellis Short is clueless and a cancer, like Lerner was. Hiring and firing, no consistency and a mish mash squad of about a million managers.

Like I said, never posted on another teams forum before, but the parallels between the two clubs are staggering. Here's hoping you find that spark and get those few results to turn it around.

@TomFox90
Appreciate the empathy an  there's a lot of similarities.I think Coleman will sort things out and it's interesting that he chose to come here instead of hanging on for a Prem job. Like him I think we will rise again. you're right on alot of things but hopefully not Coleman.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 11:30 pm

Thank you for posting Tom, I like Coleman but then again I am a big Bruce fan.
When we came down I think the vast majority of us settled for a season of change and a mid table finish and I am very hopeful that Coleman can bring both. We know that any mid to long term ambition is dependant on a buyer for our club and its value seems to be decreasing week by week.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-22, 1:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:Thank you for posting Tom, I like Coleman but then again I am a big Bruce fan.
When we came down I think the vast majority of us settled for a season of change and a mid table finish and I am very hopeful that Coleman can bring both. We know that any mid to long term ambition is dependant on a buyer for our club and its value seems to be decreasing week by week.

Like the others have said thank you you posting Tom, a kindred spirit for sure. 

Ps. Just ensure you beat all below you & join into our record run of wins on the trot next time we meet  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-22, 11:21 am

Yes, kind of you to post, we welcome all on here not just SAFC fans. Other team's perspectives all add to the debate, especially when it is respectful and non abusive like yours. Thank you.

Indeed there are a lot of similarities between our clubs and I just hope you are right, that we will survive this season and that things start to improve next. You are right that the current situation has been sucking the life out of most of us, and even turning our supporters against each other at times, which is a very sad state of affairs.

But last night there were green shoots of recovery. I thought the lads played well, had a lot of the ball, seemed better organised at the back and were a bit unlucky especially for the Villa's second goal. And for once the manager's subs actually made a difference. But injuries are killing us again so, unless we can rustle up some funds and/or get Gareth Bale on loan in January, I think we still have a very hard season ahead.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum