SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Well done Martin Bain

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Argus on 2017-11-23, 11:43 am

He wasn't involved in any court actions Syd, in fact his stance against the new owners was later vindicated in an SFA tribunal.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 11:50 am

Argus wrote:He wasn't involved in any court actions Syd, in fact his stance against the new owners was later vindicated in an SFA tribunal.
I know but even if he was the biggest brown nose, cheating bastard in the world my original point is he deserves credit for bringing in a manager better than any of us could have hoped for.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 11:59 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:Wasn't Baine CEO at Rangers when they got done for tax evasion & were relegated to Scottish Division three?

I understand that he resigned from Rangers when David Murray sold the club in 2011 and he didn't agree to the sale because of his concerns over the suitability of the new owners. The new boys suspended him and he eventually left the club.

From what I can gather he wasn't part of the set-up that later took Rangers into administration but perhaps someone can provide further information.
What was he charged with?
What was his punishment?
Was he banned from being a director or CeO?

If the answer to all is nothing, nothing, no then he his not guilty.
Alreet man, I'm just asking a question.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-11-23, 12:11 pm

I'm afraid that some on here will never acknowledge Bain's involvement in bringing Coleman to the club, perhaps it was nothing to do with him at all, more down to the tooth fairies?

Nevertheless, I for one am delighted that whoever was responsible should be applauded because you only have to look back 7 days on this forum to see who the fans THOUGHT would be appointed and Coleman is certainly streets ahead of even the most popular candidate on that list.

The next 4-6 weeks are pivotal for us and as I've said a few times in the past 5 days, I only hope the fans give him time to prove his worth.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-23, 12:15 pm

My thoughts would have been the same whoever Bain had appointed , considering how recent managers have fared. Give the man time before forming an opinion.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 12:38 pm

vinkel wrote:My thoughts would have been the same whoever Bain had appointed , considering how recent managers have fared. Give the man time before forming an opinion.
I find in an impossibility not to have an opinion at any given time. Will Coleman succeed, I hope so but cant say for sure however that's not the question in this thread. The question is are we happy with the manager appointed and from what I have seen the opinion is yes, if Pardew had been appointed my opinion would be no.

I commend Bain for appointing Coleman and would have condemned him if he had appointed Pardew.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-23, 1:06 pm

No argument from me that Coleman is a good acquistion. My only disagreement is in the management speak that always accompanies such appointments, as Kiwi pointed out with virtually the same statements when Moyes came here. We have heard it all so many times before it's like the "Boy that Cries Wolf". I for one, and quite a few others agree with me it seems, are simply sick to death of having the same platitudes trotted out time after time.

But, yes, well done to Martin Bain for doing the easy part of his job. Getting a manager in to one of the biggest clubs in the country, with fantastic stadium and training facilities, and tens of thousands of loyal, if long-suffering, fans. A club in the heart of the beautiful North East with our fantastic history, and friendly and welcoming people. A club that should have people queueing up to manage us, with the potential that exists here. Yes well done, even if I think almost any one of us could do an equally good sales job to potential managers!

But, can Martiin Bain now do the much harder, but even more critical, part of his job and ensure Coleman has decent funds to buy quality players in January? If not then not even Coleman will save us and we will be in League One come May.

And then, will Martin Bain be held to account for that? Question
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 1:12 pm

Hieronymus wrote:No argument from me that Coleman is a good acquistion. My only disagreement is in the management speak that always accompanies such appointments, as Kiwi pointed out with virtually the same statements when Moyes came here. We have heard it all so many times before it's like the "Boy that Cries Wolf". I for one, and quite a few others agree with me it seems, are simply sick to death of having the same platitudes trotted out time after time.

But Bain said very little at the press conference, Coleman did most of the talking

But, yes, well done to Martin Bain for doing the easy part of his job. Getting a manager in to one of the biggest clubs in the country, with fantastic stadium and training facilities, and tens of thousands of loyal, if long-suffering, fans. A club in the heart of the beautiful North East with our fantastic history, and friendly and welcoming people. A club that should have people queueing up to manage us, with the potential that exists here. Yes well done, even if I think almost any one of us could do an equally good sales job to potential managers!

Really H, is that a serious comment? When Grayson left I read post after post how we would struggle to get anyone to come, newly relegated club, poor squad, rock bottom and no money, I'm sure that was the popular opinion.

But, can Martiin Bain now do the much harder, but even more critical, part of his job and ensure Coleman has decent funds to buy quality players in January? If not then not even Coleman will save us and we will be in League One come May.

Again Coleman made it very, very clear, next to no money in January, its where we are but, we will go down, maybe I am less of a realist and lets hope Coleman is in my camp.

Yes

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 1:33 pm

Hieronymus wrote:No argument from me that Coleman is a good acquistion. My only disagreement is in the management speak that always accompanies such appointments, as Kiwi pointed out with virtually the same statements when Moyes came here. We have heard it all so many times before it's like the "Boy that Cries Wolf". I for one, and quite a few others agree with me it seems, are simply sick to death of having the same platitudes trotted out time after time.

Sums things up for me.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-23, 2:22 pm

Well I was convinced that Bain would take the easy route and appoint his mate McCoist whether that move be for the benefit of the club or not. I was wrong. Hats off to Bain for getting a decent manager in. Well done.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-23, 2:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:My thoughts would have been the same whoever Bain had appointed , considering how recent managers have fared. Give the man time before forming an opinion.
I find in an impossibility not to have an opinion at any given time. Will Coleman succeed, I hope so but cant say for sure however that's not the question in this thread. The question is are we happy with the manager appointed and from what I have seen the opinion is yes, if Pardew had been appointed my opinion would be no.

I commend Bain for appointing Coleman and would have condemned him if he had appointed Pardew.

Well i guess this is where we will have to agree to disagree, because as much as i dislike Pardew i would not have condemned Bain if he had brought him in without him having a fair time to prove himself. Just as i will not comment on the Coleman appointment as yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-23, 2:50 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Well i guess this is where we will have to agree to disagree, because as much as i dislike Pardew i would not have condemned Bain if he had brought him in without him having a fair time to prove himself. Just as i will not comment on the Coleman appointment as yet.

If you only comment with the benefit of hindsight it destroys the concept of debate, we can all talk about what has happened with absolute certainty!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-23, 2:54 pm

canary-dave wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

If you only comment with the benefit of hindsight it destroys the concept of debate, we can all talk about what has happened with absolute certainty!

All about opinions Dave, and you are welcome to yours.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 3:51 pm

Parsed would have emptied the Stadium 

Even I am planning to return at the next home game since Coleman' appointment
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 4:39 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Parsed would have emptied the Stadium 

Good, but I I have missed my kiss

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 9:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Apparently Hitler was genuinely fond of children... does this redeeming trait make him a good person?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 10:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Apparently Hitler was genuinely fond of children... does this redeeming trait make him a good person?
Laughing faf.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-11-24, 3:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-24, 3:55 pm

The Yakker wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The interview just reinforced what we already expect...Short's brown nosing yes man... sod the club his own position and salary is what counts.

Notwithstanding Coleman would seem a coup
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-24, 4:00 pm

The Yakker wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Good article from someone who knows him.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-25, 8:28 pm

Well put H & thank you for playing the ball better than I obviously to some didn't.

Just in case anyone doesn't understand my opinion that I stated earlier.
1) That FACT that Bain says the same things over & over.
2) I fully support the manager of SAFC

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-25, 8:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

From my perspective I think you missed the point that I & others are making in regards to the OP as quoted below about his continual trumpeting of our lasted manager each time being the The Chosen One. 

"I do think that Chris Coleman coming here will remind people that we are a massive club, we have been for a long time and we will be back" MARTIN BAIN, CEO, SUNDERLAND AFC

Chief executive Martin Bain was delighted to secure his clear first choice for the managerial vacancy at the Stadium of Light. Chris Coleman took the reins on Sunday, penning a two-and-a-half-year deal on Wearside following a successful six-year tenure in charge of the Welsh national team.
Following the departure of Simon Grayson, Sunderland’s CEO led an in-depth search for a new boss, with all signs soon pointing to one man. “From the beginning of the process, you need to look at a club’s DNA and also recognise that football is a business which changes from week to week," Bain said.
“I didn’t just sit down on my own; I spoke to various people within the club, and one or two outside on a confidential basis, to build up a profile of the person we were looking for.
“Out of that process, the number one choice was Chris Coleman and it always was, though I kept that close to my chest. I felt throughout that he would be perfect for us.
“That’s in terms of an impact now, but also the ability to lead and build. That’s hard to find and Chris has it in abundance.
“No job offers were made to anyone but Chris Coleman.”

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum