SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Latest from The Don
Today at 11:31 am by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Today at 10:27 am by Spuggy

» Feck it I've had enough
Today at 9:48 am by cyprussyd

» ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly
Today at 9:44 am by cyprussyd

» Dance of the knights
Today at 8:59 am by MrRAWhite

» Almost There
Today at 8:58 am by sunderpitt

» Time to move on and find a player who wants to be here
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Kevin Ball
Yesterday at 10:48 pm by MrRAWhite

» May not be true mind
Yesterday at 9:50 pm by cyprussyd

» St Mirren highlights
Yesterday at 9:42 pm by gil t azell


Well done Martin Bain

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-22, 7:45 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.
And vice versa  yipeee
like
  study ......... jocolor
I simply dont agree but I would say that wouldn't I.
I an everyone else have been critical short but for me this thread highlights the problem we have. It does not ask for absolution for Bain, simply credit for getting what everyone seems to agree is a good manager.

Why is giving any credit so hard, an honest question.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-22, 7:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.
And vice versa  yipeee
like
  study ......... jocolor
I simply dont agree but I would say that wouldn't I.
I an everyone else have been critical short but for me this thread highlights the problem we have. It does not ask for absolution for Bain, simply credit for getting what everyone seems to agree is a good manager.

Why is giving any credit so hard, an honest question.
You said the same when we got Moyes.
That went well didn't it?
I'm sucking nobody's cock until I see positive results.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-22, 8:03 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.
And vice versa  yipeee
like
  study ......... jocolor
I simply dont agree but I would say that wouldn't I.
I an everyone else have been critical short but for me this thread highlights the problem we have. It does not ask for absolution for Bain, simply credit for getting what everyone seems to agree is a good manager.

Why is giving any credit so hard, an honest question.
You said the same when we got Moyes.
That went well didn't it?
I'm sucking nobody's cock until I see positive results.

Got to agree with you Billy, we have been there done it and got the teeshirt

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2340
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-22, 8:13 pm

vinkel wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.
And vice versa  yipeee
like
  study ......... jocolor
I simply dont agree but I would say that wouldn't I.
I an everyone else have been critical short but for me this thread highlights the problem we have. It does not ask for absolution for Bain, simply credit for getting what everyone seems to agree is a good manager.

Why is giving any credit so hard, an honest question.
You said the same when we got Moyes.
That went well didn't it?
I'm sucking nobody's cock until I see positive results.

Got to agree with you Billy, we have been there done it and got the teeshirt
Indeed mate.
Some however can't see the wood for the trees.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-22, 8:37 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.
And vice versa  yipeee
like
  study ......... jocolor
I simply dont agree but I would say that wouldn't I.
I an everyone else have been critical short but for me this thread highlights the problem we have. It does not ask for absolution for Bain, simply credit for getting what everyone seems to agree is a good manager.

Why is giving any credit so hard, an honest question.
Speaking for myself (possibly others) but I'm of the school  that says you can patch a wrong with a million rights but it's still just a patch. 
I fully support the manager of SAFC but the CEO will take a long time in my eyes to be exonerated although never forgotten. I guess a little like the feelings towards the Chairman.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9901
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-22, 9:11 pm

For the present we are stuck with Short and his sidekick Bane. Let' hope they are going to fund Coleman.


Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6992
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-22, 10:26 pm

People seem to be answering a question not asked and we even have Billy talking about trees and wood.

I am giving Bain credit for appointing what looks like a good manager. No forgiving of any past mistakes and what waiting to see is I have no idea. If Bain had appointed Alan Pardew would Billy and Vinkle be saying, let's wait and see, I suspect not, they would be criticizing Bain and IMO rightly so.

I can certainly see the wood and the trees and I am more than happy to give credit when due and appointing Coleman, IMO, deserves credit.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-22, 10:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:People seem to be answering a question not asked and we even have Billy talking about trees and wood.

I am giving Bain credit for appointing what looks like a good manager. No forgiving of any past mistakes and what waiting to see is I have no idea. If Bain had appointed Alan Pardew would Billy and Vinkle be saying, let's wait and see, I suspect not, they would be criticizing Bain and IMO rightly so.

I can certainly see the wood and the trees and I am more than happy to give credit when due and appointing Coleman, IMO, deserves credit.
Why bring me into it?
I thought forums were all about being allowed your say?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-22, 10:46 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:People seem to be answering a question not asked and we even have Billy talking about trees and wood.

I am giving Bain credit for appointing what looks like a good manager. No forgiving of any past mistakes and what waiting to see is I have no idea. If Bain had appointed Alan Pardew would Billy and Vinkle be saying, let's wait and see, I suspect not, they would be criticizing Bain and IMO rightly so.

I can certainly see the wood and the trees and I am more than happy to give credit when due and appointing Coleman, IMO, deserves credit.
Why bring me into it?
I thought forums were all about being allowed your say?
They are and I'm just replying to your comment and doing it in a respectful way.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-22, 10:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:People seem to be answering a question not asked and we even have Billy talking about trees and wood.

I am giving Bain credit for appointing what looks like a good manager. No forgiving of any past mistakes and what waiting to see is I have no idea. If Bain had appointed Alan Pardew would Billy and Vinkle be saying, let's wait and see, I suspect not, they would be criticizing Bain and IMO rightly so.

I can certainly see the wood and the trees and I am more than happy to give credit when due and appointing Coleman, IMO, deserves credit.
Why bring me into it?
I thought forums were all about being allowed your say?
They are and I'm just replying to your comment and doing it in a respectful way.
You are mate, nee bother.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-22, 11:49 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:People seem to be answering a question not asked and we even have Billy talking about trees and wood.

I am giving Bain credit for appointing what looks like a good manager. No forgiving of any past mistakes and what waiting to see is I have no idea. If Bain had appointed Alan Pardew would Billy and Vinkle be saying, let's wait and see, I suspect not, they would be criticizing Bain and IMO rightly so.

I can certainly see the wood and the trees and I am more than happy to give credit when due and appointing Coleman, IMO, deserves credit.
Why bring me into it?
I thought forums were all about being allowed your say?
They are and I'm just replying to your comment and doing it in a respectful way.  like
You are mate, nee bother.  thumb
Just blame me Billy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ps. Shit your up late!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9901
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 12:31 am

No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-23, 1:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

My gripe's with the same old bullshit that Bain speals out like each decision is somehow ground breaking when all I want is the next decision the be the correct one. I'd rather he just shut up & got quietly on with it without the repetitive own goals thank bring mockery onto the good folk whom support SAFC through thick & thin.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9901
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 1:29 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

My gripe's with the same old bullshit that Bain speals out like each decision is somehow ground breaking when all I want is the next decision the be the correct one. I'd rather he just shut up & got quietly on with it without the repetitive own goals thank bring mockery onto the good folk whom support SAFC through thick & thin.
But, and I'm really struggling with this, this post is about one thing and one thing only, the appointment of Chris Coleman.

Does it look a good appointment, yes or no, most seem t think yes and unless we think Coleman is talking bullshit it was Bain who got him here, for that and that alone I say well done.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 5:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

Yep you cannot be right and reasonable all the time
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6992
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 8:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

Yep you cannot be right and reasonable all the time
And I accept that sunders, I'm not arguing with anyone BTW I'm honestly very interested in how we all think and respect everyone's viewpoint.

The logic of many is for me illogical and yes I know, vica versa.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-23, 10:13 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

Yep you cannot be right and reasonable all the time
And I accept that sunders, I'm not arguing with anyone BTW I'm honestly very interested in how we all think and respect everyone's viewpoint.

The logic of many is for me illogical and yes I know, vica versa.

Short before he went all tight fisted was better than Cashley, but now imho he has cut his nose to spite his face, or threw his toys out of the pram etc. The result has been one relegation and the likeliood of another. He has probably stopped himself getting a good price for the sale of the club.

As for Bane..managing to bring in a good manager (money will have come into it for Coleman).. does not mean he stops being a twzt and brown nosing Short to the detriment of the club. If Bane is a football man he knows austerity was not going to end well
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6992
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 10:26 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

Yep you cannot be right and reasonable all the time
And I accept that sunders, I'm not arguing with anyone BTW I'm honestly very interested in how we all think and respect everyone's viewpoint.

The logic of many is for me illogical and yes I know, vica versa.

Short before he went all tight fisted was better than Cashley, but now imho he has cut his nose to spite his face, or threw his toys out of the pram etc. The result has been one relegation and the likeliood of another. He has probably stopped himself getting a good price for the sale of the club.

As for Bane..managing to bring in a good manager (money will have come into it for Coleman).. does not mean he stops being a twzt and brown nosing Short to the detriment of the club. If Bane is a football man he knows austerity was not going to end well
The view of many Sunders but alas not mine. Baine, IMO, was on a hiding to nothing from day one and I love the brown nosing comment, in my day it was called doing your job and accepting that the owner is the boss.

I can see nothing to suggest that Bain is responsible for the mess we are in, he inherited the mess and got the unenviable job of trying to sort it out. Neither can I see any evidence that he is a tw*t or what makes him so.

We all have our opinions and I have never been one for following the pack, judging without evidence or being one for not giving credit where I think credit is due.

As for Short, totally irelivent IMO to this thread.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-23, 10:33 am

cyprussyd wrote:

But, and I'm really struggling with this, this post is about one thing and one thing only, the appointment of Chris Coleman.

Does it look a good appointment, yes or no, most seem t think yes and unless we think Coleman is talking bullshit it was Bain who got him here, for that and that alone I say well done.

The thread heading does not mention The Coal Man, so a meander would seem quite reasonable ?

Very Happy

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 15006
Join date : 2012-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 10:40 am

Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

But, and I'm really struggling with this, this post is about one thing and one thing only, the appointment of Chris Coleman.

Does it look a good appointment, yes or no, most seem t think yes and unless we think Coleman is talking bullshit it was Bain who got him here, for that and that alone I say well done.

The thread heading does not mention The Coal Man, so a meander would seem quite reasonable ?

Very Happy
Debate is always welcome but the OP seems clear..

I do think that Chris Coleman coming here will remind people that we are a massive club, we have been for a long time and we will be back
MARTIN BAIN, CEO, SUNDERLAND AFC





Chief executive Martin Bain was delighted to secure his clear first choice for the managerial vacancy at the Stadium of Light.
Chris Coleman took the reins on Sunday, penning a two-and-a-half-year deal on Wearside following a successful six-year tenure in charge of the Welsh national team.
Following the departure of Simon Grayson, Sunderland’s CEO led an in-depth search for a new boss, with all signs soon pointing to one man.
“From the beginning of the process, you need to look at a club’s DNA and also recognise that football is a business which changes from week to week," Bain said.
“I didn’t just sit down on my own; I spoke to various people within the club, and one or two outside on a confidential basis, to build up a profile of the person we were looking for.
“Out of that process, the number one choice was Chris Coleman and it always was, though I kept that close to my chest. I felt throughout that he would be perfect for us.
“That’s in terms of an impact now, but also the ability to lead and build. That’s hard to find and Chris has it in abundance.
“No job offers were made to anyone but Chris Coleman.”
Throughout the search for a new boss, Bain was aware of the external clamour for information as a whole host of names were linked with the position.
His intentions – the appointment of Coleman – were well disguised all along, with rumours surrounding the Welshman not picking up traction until late in the process.
“I’ve been in the game long enough to know that there's been a lot of noise out there in terms of whether Sunderland know what they’re doing,” he explained.
“We had all sorts of people linked with the job, and people throwing their name in the hat as if they’d spoken to me in the first place.
“You just have to ignore the noise and keep focused on the job.
“You’re never going to win any popularity contests when you’re the chief executive.
“My pressure wasn’t personal; it was that all the people here and the supporters of the football club needed to see that this club still has the ability to attract good people - and it does.”
Alongside Coleman’s appointment, Kit Symons has taken on the role of assistant manager having been a long-time lieutenant of the former Fulham defender.
Now attention turns to the future, with a message having been duly sent about Sunderland’s continuing status as one of the big clubs in the English game.
“Chris Coleman coming here emphasises what this football club stands for - its stature, tradition and fanbase.
“Chris has done fantastic work and that’s the side people will see. Another massive side to Chris is that he is a highly skilled practitioner in terms of knowledge of football at the highest level.
“Ultimately it’s about what Chris does with the team and in the dressing room, and the impact he has there is also impressive.
“It’s sometimes overlooked but Kit is a very experienced guy, and the fact we’re bringing two highly experienced people into the building in a partnership is a big box ticked for me.
“I do think that Chris Coleman coming here will remind people that we are a massive club, we have been for a long time and we will be back.”

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Argus on 2017-11-23, 10:49 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:No blame to anyone just an honest confusion from me, I like what I have seen of Coleman and commend bain for getting him,its that easy for me but I do accept that I am in the minority on this.

Yep you cannot be right and reasonable all the time
And I accept that sunders, I'm not arguing with anyone BTW I'm honestly very interested in how we all think and respect everyone's viewpoint.

The logic of many is for me illogical and yes I know, vica versa.

Short before he went all tight fisted was better than Cashley, but now imho he has cut his nose to spite his face, or threw his toys out of the pram etc. The result has been one relegation and the likeliood of another. He has probably stopped himself getting a good price for the sale of the club.

As for Bane..managing to bring in a good manager (money will have come into it for Coleman).. does not mean he stops being a twzt and brown nosing Short to the detriment of the club. If Bane is a football man he knows austerity was not going to end well

Sunders, you can't have it both ways.

On one hand the club is condemned for its frugality by spending little on players, yet it's criticised for pushing the boat out to bring in a manager, who many would have thought was well out of our domain.

How you can accuse Bain of 'brown nosing'?
 
Never forget that Bain is an employee of the club - albeit a well paid one - and Short will quite rightly expect him to do his job diligently otherwise he too will be given the boot.

No different to any other business, perform or get out and Bain is doing his utmost to ensure the 'boss' considers his employment worthwhile and that's exactly how I would operate in the same position.

It's not 'brown nosing', it's called doing your job.

________________________________________________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.
avatar
Argus
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 381
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 74
Location : Morpeth

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-23, 11:15 am

Wasn't Baine CEO at Rangers when they got done for tax evasion & were relegated to Scottish Division three?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Argus on 2017-11-23, 11:37 am

Billy D wrote:Wasn't Baine CEO at Rangers when they got done for tax evasion & were relegated to Scottish Division three?

I understand that he resigned from Rangers when David Murray sold the club in 2011 and he didn't agree to the sale because of his concerns over the suitability of the new owners. The new boys suspended him and he eventually left the club.

From what I can gather he wasn't part of the set-up that later took Rangers into administration but perhaps someone can provide further information.

________________________________________________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.
avatar
Argus
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 381
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 74
Location : Morpeth

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 11:40 am

Argus wrote:
Billy D wrote:Wasn't Baine CEO at Rangers when they got done for tax evasion & were relegated to Scottish Division three?

I understand that he resigned from Rangers when David Murray sold the club in 2011 and he didn't agree to the sale because of his concerns over the suitability of the new owners. The new boys suspended him and he eventually left the club.

From what I can gather he wasn't part of the set-up that later took Rangers into administration but perhaps someone can provide further information.
What was he charged with?
What was his punishment?
Was he banned from being a director or CeO?

If the answer to all is nothing, nothing, no then he his not guilty.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-23, 11:43 am

Can I just say, some very good debate and points from all sides on this thread IMO

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46008
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum