SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Oh how time flies
Yesterday at 11:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» It’s relegation NOT the last rites !!
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Windrush scandal
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Nostalgic

» A good article.
Yesterday at 11:05 pm by sunderpitt

» Well I was going to ask
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The harsh financial reality
Yesterday at 9:06 pm by Nostalgic

» Arsene Wenger
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by barrowmackem

» Relegation article with a difference
Yesterday at 5:17 pm by canary-dave

» Hello from niceonemarra
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by niceonemarra

»  Fulham v Sunderland
Yesterday at 2:45 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Well done Martin Bain

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well done Martin Bain

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 7:27 am

I do think that Chris Coleman coming here will remind people that we are a massive club, we have been for a long time and we will be back
MARTIN BAIN, CEO, SUNDERLAND AFC

Chief executive Martin Bain was delighted to secure his clear first choice for the managerial vacancy at the Stadium of Light.
Chris Coleman took the reins on Sunday, penning a two-and-a-half-year deal on Wearside following a successful six-year tenure in charge of the Welsh national team.
Following the departure of Simon Grayson, Sunderland’s CEO led an in-depth search for a new boss, with all signs soon pointing to one man.
“From the beginning of the process, you need to look at a club’s DNA and also recognise that football is a business which changes from week to week," Bain said.
“I didn’t just sit down on my own; I spoke to various people within the club, and one or two outside on a confidential basis, to build up a profile of the person we were looking for.
“Out of that process, the number one choice was Chris Coleman and it always was, though I kept that close to my chest. I felt throughout that he would be perfect for us.
“That’s in terms of an impact now, but also the ability to lead and build. That’s hard to find and Chris has it in abundance.
“No job offers were made to anyone but Chris Coleman.”
Throughout the search for a new boss, Bain was aware of the external clamour for information as a whole host of names were linked with the position.
His intentions – the appointment of Coleman – were well disguised all along, with rumours surrounding the Welshman not picking up traction until late in the process.
“I’ve been in the game long enough to know that there's been a lot of noise out there in terms of whether Sunderland know what they’re doing,” he explained.
“We had all sorts of people linked with the job, and people throwing their name in the hat as if they’d spoken to me in the first place.
“You just have to ignore the noise and keep focused on the job.
“You’re never going to win any popularity contests when you’re the chief executive.
“My pressure wasn’t personal; it was that all the people here and the supporters of the football club needed to see that this club still has the ability to attract good people - and it does.”
Alongside Coleman’s appointment, Kit Symons has taken on the role of assistant manager having been a long-time lieutenant of the former Fulham defender.
Now attention turns to the future, with a message having been duly sent about Sunderland’s continuing status as one of the big clubs in the English game.
“Chris Coleman coming here emphasises what this football club stands for - its stature, tradition and fanbase.
“Chris has done fantastic work and that’s the side people will see. Another massive side to Chris is that he is a highly skilled practitioner in terms of knowledge of football at the highest level.
“Ultimately it’s about what Chris does with the team and in the dressing room, and the impact he has there is also impressive.
“It’s sometimes overlooked but Kit is a very experienced guy, and the fact we’re bringing two highly experienced people into the building in a partnership is a big box ticked for me.
“I do think that Chris Coleman coming here will remind people that we are a massive club, we have been for a long time and we will be back.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done Martin Bain

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-21, 9:46 am

Yes, we WILL be back....

I just hope I am around to see it !

Cool

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 11:11 am

Just more rhetoric.
Sick of hearing shite like this.
Let's see results on the pitch do the talking.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 11:26 am

Billy D wrote:Just more rhetoric.
The well done is for bringing in a very good manager and that's not rhetoric it's fact.
Still Billy we can be sure of one thing, when we do get that win you wont see it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-21, 11:50 am

The Bane of our club.. getting Coleman in as manager imho is good news.

What his boss Short needs to hear however is that at least 4 quality players are required. Then I might admit the 'man who is watering the workers beer' is in it for the club not himself
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 11:53 am

sunderpitt wrote:The Bane of our club.. getting Coleman in as manager imho is good news.

What his boss Short needs to hear however is that at least 4 quality players are required. Then I might admit the 'man who is watering the workers beer' is in it for the club not himself
And people tell me that my head is in the sand

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-21, 11:59 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:The Bane of our club.. getting Coleman in as manager imho is good news.

And people tell me that my head is in the sand

Definitely not in the sand mate... that would be too grounded.. you are away with the fairies or up in the clouds more like it
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 12:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
The well done is for bringing in a very good manager and that's not rhetoric it's fact.
Still Billy we can be sure of one thing, when we do get that win you wont see it.
I was on about what you cut & pasted.
Shite talk, we've heard it all before. Many, many times.
You're right about the last bit like.
No I wont see it. At least not in the flesh.
I know a few lads round my way, both Sunderland & Newcastle fans who are now watching teams like Gateshead, Durham, South Shields, Dunston etc.
And do you know why? Because they f*cking sick of it. Being taken for cunts by millionaires who don't give a f*ck.
Personally, I'd rather go down the local pitch on a Sunday morning & watch the pub teams play.
Them lads play for f*ck all but at least they put some effort in even if they are still pissed off the night before.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 12:55 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I know a few lads round my way, both Sunderland & Newcastle fans who are now watching teams like Gateshead, Durham, South Shields, Dunston etc.
And do you know why? Because they f*cking sick of it. Being taken for cunts by millionaires who don't give a f*ck.
Personally, I'd rather go down the local pitch on a Sunday morning & watch the pub teams play.
Them lads play for f*ck all but at least they put some effort in even if they are still pissed off the night before.
Yes Billy every club have their fair weather fans who I'm sure will come running back with their new Sunderland shirts one day.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 1:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Yes Billy every club have their fair weather fans who I'm sure will come running back with their new Sunderland shirts one day.
Well this one wont & even if I did I wouldn't have a Sunderland shirt on.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-21, 1:35 pm

Come on Billy.. earn your stripes...

Very Happy

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 4:23 pm

Silvers wrote:Come on Billy.. earn your stripes...

Very Happy
It's like trying to get through to a breeze block at times on here.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 6:00 pm

Billy D wrote:

Very Happy
Of course it is, if only we had all your intelligence.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 6:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Very Happy
Of course it is, if only we had all your intelligence.
Aye righto.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-21, 8:55 pm

This thread sounded rather familiar.

Ellis Short: I wanted David Moyes the last FIVE times I've looked for new manager
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ellis Short

ROSS GREGORY

Published: 10:13Saturday 23 July 2016

Ellis Short has revealed he has finally got his man in David Moyes - at the SIXTH time of asking.

Sunderland owner Short revealed he had targeted Moyes for the Sunderland manager's job for the last five years.

The Texan claimed he wanted Moyes ever since Steve Bruce departed in 2011, but instead had to settle for Martin O'Neill, Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet, Dick Advocaat and Sam Allardyce as the Scot was unavailable due to his contracts at other clubs.

And he says he is delighted to have finally landed Moyes as Allardyce's successor on a four-year contract.

Short said: “We are absolutely delighted to welcome David Moyes to Sunderland, who was by far and away our first choice.
“He is a man whose football pedigree speaks for itself and is someone I have long admired. I have spoken with him on many occasions and I have always been hugely impressed.
"He was my number one managerial target for the last five appointments, but his desire to honour existing contracts meant we were not able to bring him to Sunderland previously.
"To be able to finally welcome him as our manager is fantastic news for the club.

“The fact that David has committed to a four-year deal is a clear demonstration of his belief in what he can achieve here.
"It is our aim to become a better, stronger and more stable football club and with a manager of David’s calibre and experience at the helm, we have a fantastic opportunity to begin looking upwards, rather than downwards every season”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 9:31 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:This thread sounded rather familiar.

Ellis Short: I wanted David Moyes the last FIVE times I've looked for new manager
Ellis Short

ROSS GREGORY

Published: 10:13Saturday 23 July 2016

Ellis Short has revealed he has finally got his man in David Moyes - at the SIXTH time of asking.

Sunderland owner Short revealed he had targeted Moyes for the Sunderland manager's job for the last five years.

The Texan claimed he wanted Moyes ever since Steve Bruce departed in 2011, but instead had to settle for Martin O'Neill, Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet, Dick Advocaat and Sam Allardyce as the Scot was unavailable due to his contracts at other clubs.

And he says he is delighted to have finally landed Moyes as Allardyce's successor on a four-year contract.

Short said: “We are absolutely delighted to welcome David Moyes to Sunderland, who was by far and away our first choice.
“He is a man whose football pedigree speaks for itself and is someone I have long admired. I have spoken with him on many occasions and I have always been hugely impressed.
"He was my number one managerial target for the last five appointments, but his desire to honour existing contracts meant we were not able to bring him to Sunderland previously.
"To be able to finally welcome him as our manager is fantastic news for the club.

“The fact that David has committed to a four-year deal is a clear demonstration of his belief in what he can achieve here.
"It is our aim to become a better, stronger and more stable football club and with a manager of David’s calibre and experience at the helm, we have a fantastic opportunity to begin looking upwards, rather than downwards every season”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That's what I mean - same old shite while happy Harry still bangs the drum.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 9:40 pm

Let me think, happy Harry or Mr Angry, yep, happy it is for me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-21, 9:53 pm

Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 9:54 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
It seems that giving any credit to Short or Bains is a criminal offence.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-21, 9:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Let me think, happy Harry or Mr Angry, yep, happy it is for me.
Righto.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-21, 10:12 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Given Moyes' reputation for building a team and saving a club we would have been in a queue of many other.  All credit to ES for trying to prise him away from Everton.
From memory didn't a couple of large clubs get in first  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-21, 10:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Not at all, it's just that even with some on here's fading memory they can still google the odd quote to refresh weary minds.

Ps. I'm right up there in hoping Bain has got it right this time even if you might have cause to think I don't.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-22, 11:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:
And vice versa
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-22, 11:43 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
And vice versa
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-22, 7:42 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
And vice versa  yipeee
  study ......... jocolor

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum