SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» The Quiz
Today at 12:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Doncaster Tuesday
Today at 12:11 pm by Silvers

» Quiz 114
Today at 11:20 am by oldblackcat

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by barrowmackem

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by Vincemac

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Vincemac

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» Saturday is back
Yesterday at 10:12 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Results Week 9
2018-10-19, 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Coleman latest

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Coleman latest

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-20, 7:31 pm

Argus wrote:One day we may discover the truth about Short and his investment in SAFC but until then it's all a matter of conjecture.

All I know is that we have systematically spent enormous sums of money on attracting (i) managers plus their inevitable entourage of helpers who failed and (ii) players who weren't up for the fight. How much this has cost SAFC over the past 10 years or so is anybody's guess so I'm not in the least surprised that Short has decided that enough is enough when it comes to putting his hand in his pocket.

How the club has attracted Coleman is anybody's guess but it has certainly taken the football community at large by surprise. However I don't think the new man has been 'conned' by Bain into taking the job as has been suggested by various fans on this forum.

Coleman is no fool and given the recent history of managers claiming they were misled about funds, I have no doubt that he will have demanded the truth about our dour financial position in detail, yet he still accepted the job and that's all I'm interested in.

He's here and he's ours so let's get behind him and rid this club of the negativity that has prevailed for so long.
APPL APPL APPL APPL APPL APPL APPL

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 12:24 am

Some very good and very positive posts, I good to see. 
I guess my main point is a very simple one. Whatever our views on Short, long Bainbridge or our present squad we now have a new manager. And yes he is the best latest in a long line but it would seem that everyone is impressed by him. 
So with that in mind why not back him and I don't mean back him with reservations, he just back him. 
I so want him to succeed and I'm sure you do so let's really get behind him and do all we can to help him.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-21, 12:26 am

Of course we have to back the manager.
(I see Nostalgic has grown an extra six pairs of hands down under..)

But whatever our financial position is, if any team does not invest adequately they will go down - it happened last season to us.

We are now rock bottom in The Championship with a squad which has 23 teams above them and a widening gap.
Without some 'championship quality'  we will go down again... 

Chris C has a wonderful career opportunity here.

Yes he will have to wheel and deal to generate funds. I applaud him for taking us on...

Who are our sale able and fit assets?

The wheeling and dealing in the summer brought in about £32m .... with less than 10% going to Grayson for his squad.

Money certainly does not guarantee success.. we all know that.

But little or no investment in January will only have one outcome...

As I said yesterday on another thread, our coal man was a good centre back in his day. 
Hopefully he may be able to plug a few holes in our defence which has shipped 33 goals; only Burton have conceded more !

I have been out with friends this evening in Barnard Castle .. all mackems.

Everyone was very positive that we have landed Coleman, but not getting carried away...................
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-21, 2:41 am

Silvers wrote:Of course we have to back the manager.
(I see Nostalgic has grown an extra six pairs of hands down under..)

But whatever our financial position is, if any team does not invest adequately they will go down - it happened last season to us.

We are now rock bottom in The Championship with a squad which has 23 teams above them and a widening gap.
Without some 'championship quality'  we will go down again... 

Chris C has a wonderful career opportunity here.

Yes he will have to wheel and deal to generate funds. I applaud him for taking us on...

Who are our sale able and fit assets?

The wheeling and dealing in the summer brought in about £32m .... with less than 10% going to Grayson for his squad.

Money certainly does not guarantee success.. we all know that.

But little or no investment in January will only have one outcome...

As I said yesterday on another thread, our coal man was a good centre back in his day. 
Hopefully he may be able to plug a few holes in our defence which has shipped 33 goals; only Burton have conceded more !

I have been out with friends this evening in Barnard Castle .. all mackems.

Everyone was very positive that we have landed Coleman, but not getting carried away...................
Couldn't find a thingy for standing ovation.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 7:09 am

Thing is Sivers I'm not sure we have any saleable assets right now, Kone and N'Dong where the main ones and one is injured and the other was not wanted by anyone in the summer.

As Coleman himself said, "We are where we are" but I know not many agree but we dont, IMO, require major surgery to our squad and a decent keeper alone would gain us points.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away, 4th of bottom would do me this season but after so much misery I'm just enjoying the feel good factor right now and hoping we see a full stadium for Coleman's firs game to  give that extra boost.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-21, 8:50 am

I have said all along I don't think our squad is that bad for the championship ,I think Grayson got it wrong in terms of tactics and hopefully Coleman will get it right,we need a couple but not much, I've seen enough to know that we seem ok going forward it's just at the other end we need to tighten up
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-21, 9:22 am

Concerning Short.. we may never know the financial truth of it. He has put money in the club previously, backing managers and their buys.

However for the past couple of seasons the tap has been turned off and we were relegated and are currently bottom of the championship.. The only bright spot is a new manager.

Cashley on the other hand stumped up to assist the Spanish waiter get the mags back in the premiership
  He may now sell the club for £300m
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-21, 9:41 am

That's the point I am making.

No investment spells disaster...

We have been in a swallow dive for two years and still sinking.

Not negative. It's where we are.

I can only hope that Coleman knows something that we don't..

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum