SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Coleman latest

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Coleman latest

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-20, 8:54 am

I for one am happy with the appointment and for once hats of to Bain for getting his man and the manner in which he went about it,without investment every manager wil fail due to past miss management at Sunderland ahopefully Coleman held all the cards and asked for money and short is prepared to back him

After what I have seen and heard from Saturday we gave it a go and if the keeper had played better we should have had enough to win, I was encouraged by the performance
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 10:45 am

paddocklad wrote:
I for one am happy with the appointment and for once hats of to Bain for getting his man and the manner in which he went about it,without investment every manager wil fail due to past miss management at Sunderland  ahopefully Coleman held all the cards and asked for money and short is prepared to back him

After what I have seen and heard from Saturday we gave it a go and if the keeper had played better we should have had enough to win, I was encouraged by the performance
like like like like like like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 10:48 am

@ChrisConway
Coleman: Aware of club’s financial situation, is moving his wife and two small children to the North East such is his commitment to the club. Believes he can build something special with Sunderland but admits it may take time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
@CraigHope_DM
Chris Coleman confirms he'll have to generate transfer funds in January & won't be able to "splash the cash". "My eyes are open".

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fulwellend47 on 2017-11-20, 11:22 am

At last!! Have been out of touch due to non-availability of broadband connection but back home now. Can't express how delighted I am that we have Chris Coleman on board. He was my choice before the Moyes debacle and certainly the obvious candidate before hiring brave but, because he could only bring in people that no one else wanted, hamstrung Simon Grayson.
Give him money to buy and the ability to cancel the contracts of the "shrinking violets" and malcontents in the current squad then, and only then, can the fresh start that he deserves come about.
fulwellend47
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 11:32 am

The more I see the more I like,

• Honest
  • Realistic
  • Inspiring
  • Positive

Keep all of your ifs and buts, get on line and get your ticket for December 2nd, our next home game and back him.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-20, 11:40 am

If 'change' does occur, then interest WILL be rekindled...

No signs yet though...

Last couple of weeks the deterioration has continued...

We are now 2 wins at least to make 4th bottom, but only have one win all season !

That is the here and now....

On this board, we are all SAFC fans/supporters.

We do want things to be different, and hopefully they will be, come the end of the season.

Bottom line.. will Shorty/Bain  support our new manager in the transfer window?

Time will tell.   If they don't then nothing will change ...  

..In my opinion of course....

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 11:49 am

Silvers wrote:If 'change' does occur, then interest WILL be rekindled...

No signs yet though...

Last couple of weeks the deterioration has continued...

We are now 2 wins at least to make 4th bottom, but only have one win all season !

That is the here and now....

On this board, we are all SAFC fans/supporters.

We do want things to be different, and hopefully they will be, come the end of the season.

Bottom line.. will Shorty/Bain  support our new manager in the transfer window?

Time will tell.   If they don't then nothing will change ...  

..In my opinion of course....

Very Happy
You are correct, almost because one thing has changed, we have a new manager who answers all your questions in the link above.
IMO it is simple, we back him, get to the next home game and try to help change things or we dont, its that simple.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-11-20, 12:14 pm

I can't see any reason to be anything but positive about this appointment and I'm happy to hear that splashing the cash in January is NOT necessarily seen as the way forward.

That's been seen as the solution for years now and there's no doubt that it has been a flawed strategy which is probably why we are currently in such a difficult position on and off the pitch.

Despite the awful performances so far, there's no denying that we have quite a number of current international quality players in our squad who should have us in a much better position and in my opinion better management of our existing players is what's missing.

What pleased me most about this interview was not just the absence of any arrogance or negativity but his recognition of the important role that supporters can play in the revival.

Let's hope the supporters give him time to get his act together.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-20, 12:27 pm

I agree.

Unfortunately 'time' is what we don't have.

But hopefully all will be well..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 12:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:@ChrisConway
Coleman: Aware of club’s financial situation, is moving his wife and two small children to the North East such is his commitment to the club. Believes he can build something special with Sunderland but admits it may take time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]

@CraigHope_DM
Chris Coleman confirms he'll have to generate transfer funds in January & won't be able to "splash the cash". "My eyes are open".

I wonder if he will occupy the apartment in Ramside.. which lots of managers have used?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-20, 12:50 pm

Is that the one with the revolving door ?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 1:02 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]

@CraigHope_DM

I wonder if he will occupy the apartment in Ramside.. which lots of managers have used?
I have heard they are viewing properties in Pittington

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 1:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]

@CraigHope_DM

I have heard they are viewing properties in Pittington

Well there is one house a converted farm house, whose nickname is the 'Pittington ASDA' that is up for sale i believe. Ramside is often favoured as it is posh spa etc as well as the golf course and it hastily has some very large houses for sale in the middle of the course.

p.s Ramside is not my golf course although it is the nearest to me.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-20, 1:26 pm

I am really happy with this appointment. Coleman has always come across as a good guy, articulate and knowedgeable about all aspects of football, when I have seen him interviewd and on programmes like Goals on Sunday.

So yes, I am re-energised,  and looking forward to us making progress, but will still not be making my way to the SoL until Short is gone. I made a vow to not put another penny into his pocket,  when I realsed what a mug he was making of all our fantastic supporters, and have no intention of breaking  it.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-20, 2:29 pm

A visit to the SoL for Coleman's first home game is under serious consideration in the Kipper household. I usually go full of hope but had lost that. A little may have just crept back in.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 2:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I am really happy with this appointment. Coleman has always come across as a good guy, articulate and knowedgeable about all aspects of football, when I have seen him interviewd and on programmes like Goals on Sunday.

So yes, I am re-energised,  and looking forward to us making progress, but will still not be making my way to the SoL until Short is gone. I made a vow to not put another penny into his pocket,  when I realsed what a mug he was making of all our fantastic supporters, and have no intention of breaking  it.
Well I repeat, I just dont get it.
I am one of those supporters and cant see where I am being made a mug of. Yes I want Short gone and all the rest but for me, supporting our new manager and team are far more important than one Mr Short and I honestly dont think that 30 pound less in his pocket will hurt him, a half empty stadium however could send a clear message to our new manager.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-20, 2:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I am really happy with this appointment. Coleman has always come across as a good guy, articulate and knowedgeable about all aspects of football, when I have seen him interviewd and on programmes like Goals on Sunday.

Well I repeat, I just dont get it.
I am one of those supporters and cant see where I am being made a mug of. Yes I want Short gone and all the rest but for me, supporting our new manager and team are far more important than one Mr Short and I honestly dont think that 30 pound less in his pocket will hurt him, a half empty stadium however could send a clear message to our new manager.

Head, nail on the, hit!

Rearrange to form a well-known saying!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyKerrsTache on 2017-11-20, 4:48 pm

I feel I need to come out of retirement in support of Sid as I cannot understand the lack of feeling for our club on this forum. Blaming Short for everything when he backed Bruce who signed top class players for our club and yet these same people disgracefully turned on Bruce because he supported Newcastle as a boy as did Stokoe but we erected a statue to him. Short financially owns the club but is he any better or worse than previous ones I don’t think so and in my eyes the club is owned by the supporters and I cant for the life of me see how staying away or booing our own players can help change anything. At a recent game I was at Ndong  love him or hate him always gives 100% gave the ball away which resulted in a goal and yet no one mentioned the fact that he bust a gut trying to block the cross that resulted in the goal. Our new manager is announced and all I hear is January get some more money out Short would you spend money to shut people up who abuse you on a daily basis.Get behind our our new manager and get to the games to show our support is the best in the country sitting at home and moaning about Short is going to achieve what?

Does anyone know who the last Manager was to move his wife and kids to the area. I dont think i'm a mug either.   
BobbyKerrsTache
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-20, 4:56 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:I feel I need to come out of retirement in support of Sid as I cannot understand the lack of feeling for our club on this forum. Blaming Short for everything when he backed Bruce who signed top class players for our club and yet these same people disgracefully turned on Bruce because he supported Newcastle as a boy as did Stokoe but we erected a statue to him. Short financially owns the club but is he any better or worse than previous ones I don’t think so and in my eyes the club is owned by the supporters and I cant for the life of me see how staying away or booing our own players can help change anything. At a recent game I was at Ndong  love him or hate him always gives 100% gave the ball away which resulted in a goal and yet no one mentioned the fact that he bust a gut trying to block the cross that resulted in the goal. Our new manager is announced and all I hear is January get some more money out Short would you spend money to shut people up who abuse you on a daily basis.Get behind our our new manager and get to the games to show our support is the best in the country sitting at home and moaning about Short is going to achieve what?

Does anyone know who the last Manager was to move his wife and kids to the area. I dont think i'm a mug either.   

APPL APPL APPL APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-20, 6:32 pm

I read, possibly in the Colema interview, that ES had ploughed 250m into the club so far, yet people claim he is lining his pockets.  My take is that, but for him, we would have been a Leeds, QPR or Forest years ago.  

I further believe that he changed managers to save the club and not to protect his investment as many others choose to do.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 6:49 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:[size=32]I[/size] [size=32]feel I need to come out of retirement in support of Sid as I cannot understand the lack of feeling for our club on this forum. Blaming Short for everything when he backed Bruce who signed top class players for our club and yet these same people disgracefully turned on Bruce because he supported Newcastle as a boy as did Stokoe but we erected a statue to him. Short financially owns the club but is he any better or worse than previous ones I don’t think so and in my eyes the club is owned by the supporters and I cant for the life of me see how staying away or booing our own players can help change anything. At a recent game I was at Ndong  love him or hate him always gives 100% gave the ball away which resulted in a goal and yet no one mentioned the fact that he bust a gut trying to block the cross that resulted in the goal. Our new manager is announced and all I hear is January get some more money out Short would you spend money to shut people up who abuse you on a daily basis.Get behind our our new manager and get to the games to show our support is the best in the country sitting at home and moaning about Short is going to achieve what? [/size]

[size=32]Does anyone know who the last Manager was to move his wife and kids to the area. I dont think i'm a mug either.   [/size]
Agree 100%, but I think the last manager to move his family up was Bruce's and he was slated for living in Darren's Hall

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-20, 6:54 pm

Just a random thought, but Keane walked when ES questioned why he did not choose to live in the area.  Could it have been a condition of employment?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 6:55 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Just a random thought, but Keane walked when ES questioned why he did not choose to live in the area.  Could it have been a condition of employment?
Doubt it because none have done it since Bruce

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-11-20, 7:20 pm

One day we may discover the truth about Short and his investment in SAFC but until then it's all a matter of conjecture.

All I know is that we have systematically spent enormous sums of money on attracting (i) managers plus their inevitable entourage of helpers who failed and (ii) players who weren't up for the fight. How much this has cost SAFC over the past 10 years or so is anybody's guess so I'm not in the least surprised that Short has decided that enough is enough when it comes to putting his hand in his pocket.

How the club has attracted Coleman is anybody's guess but it has certainly taken the football community at large by surprise. However I don't think the new man has been 'conned' by Bain into taking the job as has been suggested by various fans on this forum.

Coleman is no fool and given the recent history of managers claiming they were misled about funds, I have no doubt that he will have demanded the truth about our dour financial position in detail, yet he still accepted the job and that's all I'm interested in.

He's here and he's ours so let's get behind him and rid this club of the negativity that has prevailed for so long.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 7:28 pm

Argus wrote:One day we may discover the truth about Short and his investment in SAFC but until then it's all a matter of conjecture.

All I know is that we have systematically spent enormous sums of money on attracting (i) managers plus their inevitable entourage of helpers who failed and (ii) players who weren't up for the fight. How much this has cost SAFC over the past 10 years or so is anybody's guess so I'm not in the least surprised that Short has decided that enough is enough when it comes to putting his hand in his pocket.

How the club has attracted Coleman is anybody's guess but it has certainly taken the football community at large by surprise. However I don't think the new man has been 'conned' by Bain into taking the job as has been suggested by various fans on this forum.

Coleman is no fool and given the recent history of managers claiming they were misled about funds, I have no doubt that he will have demanded the truth about our dour financial position in detail, yet he still accepted the job and that's all I'm interested in.

He's here and he's ours so let's get behind him and rid this club of the negativity that has prevailed for so long.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: