SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» No news is good news!
Today at 3:14 pm by Sid MCFC

» Time for a massive clear out Martin, not sure how mind.
Today at 3:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 33
Today at 2:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Syd's been writing for Roker Report again
Today at 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 34
Today at 2:02 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» League Table Week 33
Today at 12:19 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» I only learn from what i read or hear
Today at 10:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Bloody Muslims
Today at 10:07 am by cyprussyd

» Upskirting
Today at 6:54 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 90
Yesterday at 10:34 pm by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, gil t azell, Mackemneil

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Coleman latest

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coleman latest

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 3:07 pm

Chris Coleman wastes no time

The former Wales boss flew to the North East this morning and met the players first thing at the Academy of Light.
Coleman then led training and he is set to be officially confirmed later this afternoon ahead of the trip to face Aston Villa on Tuesday night.
There are reports he will sign a two-and-a-half-year deal at Sunderland.
The Black Cats identified Coleman as their number one target as doubts over his Wales future grew in recent weeks. Coleman was in demand, with Rangers keen to meet him next week over their own managerial vacancy.
Pedro Caixinha left the club on October 26th and Coleman was identified as a potential successor.
He was keen to get straight into the challenge at Sunderland, however, and his long-term associate Kit Symons watched the 2-2 draw with Millwall alongside chief executive Martin Bain.
Symons will be confirmed as his assistant and there could yet be further additions to the backroom staff, though discussions are ongoing.

It's been confirmed that Chris Coleman is joining Sunderland AFC as manager on a two and a half year contract. His first match will be on Tuesday evening away at Aston Villa. The club lie bottom of the Championship with eleven points from seventeen games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LikeShow More Reactions
Comment

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Coleman latest

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 3:14 pm

Sunderland AFC are delighted to announce Chris Coleman as the club’s new manager.
The Welshman has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Stadium of Light and arrives on the back of six memorable years as Wales boss, during which time he managed his country into the top ten of FIFA’s world rankings and an incredible run to the semi-finals of Euro 2016.
The 47-year-old was highly sought-after but chose Sunderland as the fifth club of his managerial career, following spells with Fulham, Real Sociedad, Coventry City and AEL.
Coleman took his first training session this morning and will be in charge for the Black Cats’ midweek Sky Bet Championship clash with Aston Villa.
Speaking to safc.com, chief executive Martin Bain welcomed Coleman to Wearside.
“The football club has conducted a thorough process over the last three weeks to identify the best manager for the job, before and after which Chris was the clear first choice.
“We are delighted that he and Kit Symons, his assistant manager, have joined us, and are now focused on working together to get the football club moving in the right direction.”
And after being named as the club's new manager, Coleman spoke of his delight. 

“It’s an honour to be appointed the manager of Sunderland AFC and I’m over the moon that the club believes I am the right man.
“The club worked incredibly hard to make sure we were a good fit and to show me the potential that can be achieved here."

He added: “I believe that every person at this football club, every player and every supporter has a part to play in getting us back to where we belong.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 3:23 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-19, 3:37 pm

Well done Black Cats on getting a superb new manager, let's just hope that he has not been misled by the transfer funds available in January

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 3:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC [img(19.599999999999998px,20px)][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

✔️@SunderlandAFC

[ltr][img(16.05px,16px)][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 4:39 pm

Ruiter drops a big bollock, social media in meltdown.
Confirmation of new manager, all very quiet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-19, 5:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Ruiter drops a big bollock, social media in meltdown.
Confirmation of new manager, all very quiet.

I expect they're busy locking up their sheep  Very Happy

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 6:07 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 6:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Excellent.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-19, 7:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We build them.up and then knock them down
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 7:18 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We build them.up and then knock them down
Not all of us and most on here have stopped even building them up,unbelievable.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-19, 9:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote: We build them.up and then knock them down
Not all of us and most on here have stopped even building them up,unbelievable.

Although many fans want instant success after years of failure, I'm certainly not one of them.

Short's focus to date has been on on quick fix, short term solutions for the first team using money. In my opinion he needs to change the clubs focus from that of survival to a sustainable product.

Having read the testimonials of mainly Welsh players, he appears to have a real penchant for nurturing talent. Wouldn't it be great then if Bain allowed him to dismiss the AoL lifetime employees with FA badges & bring in hungry new ones with vision. Now that would be an exciting first team in 3/4 years!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 9:43 pm

Well I thought he spoke very well in his first interview above and am excited about the future.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-19, 10:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I thought he spoke very well in his first interview above and am excited about the future.

He sure did however I've got major reservations that the changes needed, won't be allowed to occur by those with vested interests in being rewarded for meritocracy Sad

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-19, 10:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I thought he spoke very well in his first interview above and am excited about the future.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 10:13 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

He sure did however I've got major reservations that the changes needed, won't be allowed to occur by those with vested interests in being rewarded for meritocracy Sad
In the footballing world I live in life is very simple, my ideal is catch the bus, have a good laugh, enjoy my hot dog and onions then see effort and the occasional win.

The finances, coaching and the rest I leave to others, Coleman gives me a feel good factor and for now I intend to just enjoy it.

I have seen the posts about division one and crisis but that bad news day frame of mind is not for me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-19, 10:36 pm

Like I said earlier syd his focus needs to be on survival nothing else then go from there.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 10:39 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Like I said earlier syd his focus needs to be on survival nothing else then go from there.
And thats what he will be doing, well indeed thats what he will succeed in doing.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-19, 10:45 pm

Why not mate something has to go our way soon

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 10:52 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Why not mate something has to go our way soon
Moyes was dour,Grayson is a nice guy but was never right, Cookie just looks and sounds the right fix.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-19, 11:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

In the footballing world I live in life is very simple, my ideal is catch the bus, have a good laugh, enjoy my hot dog and onions then see effort and the occasional win.

The finances, coaching and the rest I leave to others, Coleman gives me a feel good factor and for now I intend to just enjoy it.

I have seen the posts about division one and crisis but that bad news day frame of mind is not for me.
Vive la difference.....

Having gone a record 20 home games without a win doès not inspire confidence but we live in hope.

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 5:48 am

Silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Vive la difference.....

Having gone a record 20 home games without a win doès not inspire confidence but we live in hope.
However for me watching a far better performance on Saturday followed by an excellent first impression from our new manager does inspire lot's of confidence and I am very much living in expectation and enjoying the feel good factor it brings.
I am seriously shocked at the lack of comment about our new manager on here, I dont understand it, just baffles me how disinterested many have become.
All that said however I do accept that I am very much in the minority so its not a criticism just an observation. I was so happy yesterday about Coleman's arrival and interview that I wanted to share that happiness with other mackems but had to use social media to fins a place to share my joy because SunderMad was again dead and yes that disappointed me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 5:55 am

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman entitled to £1m bonus if club return to Premier League
CHRIS COLEMAN will pocket more than £1m in bonuses if he proves he’s the man to finally bring back the good times to Sunderland

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman entitled to £1m bonus if club return to Premier League
CHRIS COLEMAN will pocket more than £1m in bonuses if he proves he’s the man to finally bring...
DAILYSTAR.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-20, 6:02 am

Thing is syd we’ve all seen this before, we’ve all heard all the nice words before and we’ve all seen the new man fail before, I’m guessing quite a few are not getting taken in by the hype, words and gestures are fine but don’t get you points. IMO until we see improvement and get out of the bottom three people will not start getting excited.
Hopefully that comes before the January transfer window, hopefully we see Short backing him with more than £1.5 mil and then hopefully we can kick on from there build a team to take us up and start establishing ourselves as a decent mid table PL team.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 6:15 am

talcnturnip wrote:Thing is syd we’ve all seen this before, we’ve all heard all the nice words before and we’ve all seen the new man fail before, I’m guessing quite a few are not getting taken in by the hype, words and gestures are fine but don’t get you points. IMO until we see improvement and get out of the bottom three people will not start getting excited.
Hopefully that comes before the January transfer window, hopefully we see Short backing him with more than £1.5 mil and then hopefully we can kick on from there build a team to take us up and start establishing ourselves as a decent mid table PL team.
And I get all of that but dont understand it, I honestly dont.

I can understand not having faith in the new man, not believing that anything will change and if I felt like that I would also give up, move Sunderland down or even off my priority list.

But I am still as passionate as I always have been and yes like everyone events bring me down but I desteraply want something to lift me and Coleman's appointment gives me that.

My real disappointment is that I find bad news does bring reaction, bad news brings people out but maybe that's human nature, everyone reacts to bad news, it sells newspapers.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum