SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Good read from Daniel Taylor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good read from Daniel Taylor

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-19, 12:05 pm

This is in the Observer today. It's a bit long to post but worth clicking on the link and having a read if you think the Premier League should be doing more to help young players come through the ranks. I didn't realise Man Utd had that record of playing a youngster from their own academy/youths every match for the last 80 YEARS!

Reading this I agreed with Daniel, and thought why not? How difficult would it be to make a rule that every team had to include ONE of their own that had progressed from the youths? Might just make a difference to the national side too.

And if you keep reading, the next little article about the FA is good too, and then, right at the bottom of the page, we even get a mention.

I know, I am sure you are all thinking "I bet that is a positive, uplifting piece!"  Yeah you are right, NOT! tongue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Good read from Daniel Taylor

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-11-19, 1:22 pm

I was going to suggest we poach these players that the big teams ignore and use them ourselves......then I remembered that we blood very few of our youngsters anyway Mad so it would be pointless unless they were better than what we already have??
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-19, 8:33 pm

Bit of a snide remark about our perceived shortsightedness, and even Rodwell's wages and linking them to prove a small point. Our other big signings who had the relegation clauses soon buggered off when they let us down last season.  Rodwell is as human as anyone else, why take a wage reduction when you have a contract, or he did not fancy any club that came for him.

My fear about the protection players have with the fabulous wages and tight contract are holding football to ransom and we are not the first club it has happened to, and I bet we will not be the last.  A bigger fear are some of the conditions clubs are not allowed to put into contracts, like bringing the name of the club into disrepute, or behaviour conditions.  Enforcing those clauses can keep normal people in line, but footballers place themselves a race apart from that kind of thing as there services are not in the realms of reality.

On the blooding of youngsters bit - Montgomery, Irwin, Ashurst, Harvey, McNab, Usher, Sharkey. at a stretch Rookes and Elliott.  All developed by the club and went through three seasons in the '60s to get us promotion.  The only "foreigners" were Hurley, Herd and Mulhall who were signed from lower divisions.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-19, 8:56 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Bit of a snide remark about our perceived shortsightedness, and even Rodwell's wages and linking them to prove a small point. Our other big signings who had the relegation clauses soon buggered off when they let us down last season.  Rodwell is as human as anyone else, why take a wage reduction when you have a contract, or he did not fancy any club that came for him.

My fear about the protection players have with the fabulous wages and tight contract are holding football to ransom and we are not the first club it has happened to, and I bet we will not be the last.  A bigger fear are some of the conditions clubs are not allowed to put into contracts, like bringing the name of the club into disrepute, or behaviour conditions.  Enforcing those clauses can keep normal people in line, but footballers place themselves a race apart from that kind of thing as there services are not in the realms of reality.

On the blooding of youngsters bit - Montgomery, Irwin, Ashurst, Harvey, McNab, Usher, Sharkey. at a stretch Rookes and Elliott.  All developed by the club and went through three seasons in the '60s to get us promotion.  The only "foreigners" were Hurley, Herd and Mulhall who were signed from lower divisions.

Have you ever read a players contract or is this your opinion?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-19, 9:24 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Bit of a snide remark about our perceived shortsightedness, and even Rodwell's wages and linking them to prove a small point. Our other big signings who had the relegation clauses soon buggered off when they let us down last season.  Rodwell is as human as anyone else, why take a wage reduction when you have a contract, or he did not fancy any club that came for him.

Never read one in my life so only an opinion.  It might be safe to assume that they should be along the lines of standard HR contracts, but the devil would be in the detail of sub-clauses which skew the benefits to the player such as release such bids of a certain price should be told to the agent etc.Pretty standard in football I believe.

One rumoured contract I was told of was Alan Shearer's at NUFC that contained clauses such as his million pound "loyalty" bonus should be paid in one payment and not spread over the period of his contract. Another one was allegedly that no other player should be paid more than him.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-19, 9:54 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Never read one in my life so only an opinion.  It might be safe to assume that they should be along the lines of standard HR contracts, but the devil would be in the detail of sub-clauses which skew the benefits to the player such as release such bids of a certain price should be told to the agent etc.Pretty standard in football I believe.

One rumoured contract I was told of was Alan Shearer's at NUFC that contained clauses such as his million pound "loyalty" bonus should be paid in one payment and not spread over the period of his contract. Another one was allegedly that no other player should be paid more than him.

I found this from the FA, which ALL EPL players sign (form 13A)......17 pages in plain English if your interested. I've heard Italy allegedly does thing differently  Wink

From Page 17

10. Termination by the Club

10.1 The Club shall be entitled to terminate the employment of the Player by fourteen days' notice in
writing to the Player if the Player:
10.1.1 shall be guilty of Gross Misconduct;
10.1.2 shall fail to heed any final written warning given under the provisions of Part 1 of
Schedule 1 hereto; or
10.1.3 is convicted of any criminal offence where the punishment consists of a sentence of
imprisonment of three months or more (which is not suspended).

10.2 If the Club terminates the Player’s employment for any reason under clause 10.1 the Club shall
within seven days thereafter notify the Player in writing of the full reasons for the action taken.

10.3 The Player may by notice in writing served on the Club and the League at any time from the date
of termination up to fourteen days after receipt by the Player of written notification under clause
10.2 give notice of appeal against the decision of the Club to the League and such appeal shall be
determined in accordance with the procedures applicable pursuant to the League Rules.

10.4 If the Player exercises his right of appeal the termination of this contract by the Club shall not
become effective unless and until it shall have been determined that the Club was entitled to
terminate this contract pursuant to clause
10.1 but so that if it is so determined then subject only
to clause
10.5.3 the Player shall cease to be entitled to any remuneration or benefits with effect
from the expiration of the period of notice referred to in clause 10.3 and any payment made by the
Club in respect thereof shall forthwith become due from the Player to the Club.

10.5 Pending the hearing and determination of such appeal the Club may suspend the Player for up to
a maximum of six weeks from the date of notice of termination and if the Board so determine such
suspension shall be without pay provided that:
10.5.1 the payment due to the Player in respect of the fourteen days’ notice period under clause
10.1 is made to the Player forthwith;
10.5.2 pending the determination of the appeal an amount equal to the remuneration which
would otherwise have been due to the Player but for the suspension without pay is paid to
an escrow account held by the PFA as and when it would otherwise have become due for
payment to the Player and following the determination of the appeal the PFA will either
pay the money (including interest earned on the said account) to the Player or return it to
the Club according to the appeal decision;
10.5.3 all other benefits for the Player under the provisions of clauses 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 of this
contract shall be maintained and remain in force while the appeal is pending; and
10.5.4 during any such period of suspension the Club shall be under no obligation to assign to
the Player any playing training or other duties and shall be entitled to exclude the Player
from the Club’s premises including its ground and training ground.

10.6 Upon any termination of this contract by the Club becoming operative the Club shall forthwith
release the Player’s registration.

From Page 2
"Gross Misconduct" shall mean serious or persistent conduct behaviour activity or omission by
the Player involving one or more of the following:
(a) theft or fraud;
(b) deliberate and serious damage to the Club's property;
(c) use or possession of or trafficking in a Prohibited Substance;
(d) incapacity through alcohol affecting the Player's performance as a player;
(e) breach of or failure to comply with of any of the terms of this contract
or such other similar or equivalent serious or persistent conduct behaviour activity or omission by
the Player which the Board reasonably considers to amount to gross misconduct.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum