SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-18, 6:57 pm

ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Tue 21 Nov
KO 19.45
Villa Park


If all goes to plan this will be Coleman's firs game and he could start with three new injures, hopefully both Williams and Watmore will make it, Browning should start whatever.
Yes a win would be good but a point at Villa will be no disgrace.


Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-11-21, 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-18, 7:02 pm


  • 18 Nov 2017


Departing Wales manager Chris Coleman says he would like to see a "passionate Welshman" succeed him.
Coleman has opted not to sign a new contract with the Football Association of Wales and confirmed he will be in charge of Championship strugglers Sunderland for Tuesday night's match at Aston Villa.
The 47-year-old was speaking in Newport city centre as the guest of honour to turn on the Christmas lights.
Coleman's assistant with Wales, Osian Roberts, has told BBC Sport Wales that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] take over.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-18, 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coleman speaks!
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2009
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 62
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-18, 9:34 pm

@JHunterChron
Williams has had his shoulder X-rayed and it has shown no break - further tests to come. Watmore's knee problem needs further assessment. Wilson went off with a calf injury. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 9:29 am

My guess at the team assumes that Williams wont be risked and Cattermole will miss Villa game after picking up his 5th yellow card of the season so,

RUITER
MATHEWS O'SHEA BROWNING OVIEDO
MCMANAMAN N'DONG MCNAIR MCGREADY
WATMORE GABBAN

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-19, 9:49 am

Who should go in goal... big call
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6335
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-19, 9:55 am

Try them both in or would that be twice as bad?

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3030
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-11-19, 10:00 am

Ruiter should play....even after the clanger he dropped yesterday he's still better than Steele
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2127
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 56
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-19, 10:05 am

Ruiter who will have a very good game

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 6:31 am

Well I am looking forward to the start of the Coleman era but dont expect everything to be sorted in a day so any result against an in form Villa will be welcome. That said will we see a new manager bounce?

Cant see many changes in team selection this early and I think today will see some arm round the shoulder moments with Ruiter who I fully expect to start at Villa and indeed to take us into the new year.

I'm expecting Browning in for Wilson and NDong if back for Cattermole. Williams may need the week to recover after Saturday's knock and could Maja make the bench?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-20, 2:10 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Ruiter should play....even after the clanger he dropped yesterday he's still better than Steele
Both garbage 
But stick with Ruiter for a few more games as we did with steel
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-20, 2:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well I am looking forward to the start of the Coleman era but dont expect everything to be sorted in a day so any result against an in form Villa will be welcome. That said will we see a new manager bounce?

Cant see many changes in team selection this early and I think today will see some arm round the shoulder moments with Ruiter who I fully expect to start at Villa and indeed to take us into the new year.

I'm expecting Browning in for Wilson and NDong if back for Cattermole. Williams may need the week to recover after Saturday's knock and could Maja make the bench?
I don’t know how to give a goalkeeper confidence.
Maybe an arm across his shoulder as you say.
That’s maybe the only way
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-11-20, 3:00 pm

Me and one of my sons are going to this game... I always live in hope..

________________________________________________________
Born a Sunderland fan, live life as a Sunderland fan and will die a Sunderland fan..
avatar
MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4697
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 3:04 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I am looking forward to the start of the Coleman era but dont expect everything to be sorted in a day so any result against an in form Villa will be welcome. That said will we see a new manager bounce?

Cant see many changes in team selection this early and I think today will see some arm round the shoulder moments with Ruiter who I fully expect to start at Villa and indeed to take us into the new year.

I'm expecting Browning in for Wilson and NDong if back for Cattermole. Williams may need the week to recover after Saturday's knock and could Maja make the bench?
I don’t know how to give a goalkeeper confidence.
Maybe an arm across his shoulder as you say.
That’s maybe the only way
I think all that Coleman can do is try and build his confidence.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 3:14 pm

Personally I think Coleman atm is on a licking to nothing.

Either the existing players are good enough and all he has to do is get them going. My problem with this scenario is I reckon Grayson was probably good at getting the best out of players and he could not do it. I.e. wtf  is going on with Catts and Kone etc ?

So some new players are required, not till Jan unfortunately and some need to be shown the door /+ sold.

This is going to be a tough season and the decision is made to go yo the next home game... hoping for 3 points


Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6335
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 3:17 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Personally I think Coleman atm is on a licking to nothing.

Either the existing players are good enough and all he has to do is get them going. My problem with this scenario is I reckon Grayson was probably good at getting the best out of players and he could not do it. I.e. etc is going on with Catts and Kone?

So some new players are required, not till Jan unfortunately and some need to be shown the door sold.

This is going to be a tough season and the decision is made yo go yo the next home game
Thank the lord I dont live in your world Sunders.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 3:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Personally I think Coleman atm is on a licking to nothing.

Either the existing players are good enough and all he has to do is get them going. My problem with this scenario is I reckon Grayson was probably good at getting the best out of players and he could not do it. I.e. etc is going on with Catts and Kone?

So some new players are required, not till Jan unfortunately and some need to be shown the door sold.

This is going to be a tough season and the decision is made yo go yo the next home game
Thank the lord I dont live in your world Sunders.

Did it all work out okay in the end for Walter Mitty?


Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-11-20, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6335
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 3:50 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Personally I think Coleman atm is on a licking to nothing.

Either the existing players are good enough and all he has to do is get them going. My problem with this scenario is I reckon Grayson was probably good at getting the best out of players and he could not do it. I.e. etc is going on with Catts and Kone?

So some new players are required, not till Jan unfortunately and some need to be shown the door sold.

This is going to be a tough season and the decision is made yo go yo the next home game
Thank the lord I dont live in your world Sunders.

Did it all work out okay in the end for Walter Kitty?
I have no idea how it will work out for Coleman who I like but I like what he has to say so will enjoy the happiness.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-20, 3:56 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Personally I think Coleman atm is on a licking to nothing.

Either the existing players are good enough and all he has to do is get them going. My problem with this scenario is I reckon Grayson was probably good at getting the best out of players and he could not do it. I.e. wtf  is going on with Catts and Kone etc ?

So some new players are required, not till Jan unfortunately and some need to be shown the door /+ sold.

Very sound..

Let's hope the coal man has better motivating skills than his two predecessors......  the alternative doesn't sit well..
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 15006
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-20, 4:06 pm

Well his first match will see us down to the bare bones with 7 missing!!!

Ruiter, Matthews, Browning, O'Shea, Oviedo, Macmanaman, Ndong, Gibson, Mcgeady, Honeyman and Grabban

Benchwarmers: Steele, Roswell, Maja, Gooch, Beadling, Vaughan and an other!!
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2009
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 62
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-20, 4:17 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Well his first match will see us down to the bare bones with 7 missing!!!

Ruiter, Matthews, Browning, O'Shea, Oviedo, Macmanaman, Ndong, Gibson, Mcgeady, Honeyman and Grabban

Benchwarmers: Steele, Roswell, Maja, Gooch, Beadling, Vaughan and an other!!
I can see a hard fought game with an energised team but he has been here for two days and he said himself it takes time.
Looking forward to watching his progress and our steady climb to safety.
Very, very much looking forward to December 2nd, a bigger crowd and a big welcome for Cookie.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43250
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-20, 4:45 pm

Here's hoping...
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 15006
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-20, 6:41 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Well his first match will see us down to the bare bones with 7 missing!!!

Ruiter, Matthews, Browning, O'Shea, Oviedo, Macmanaman, Ndong, Gibson, Mcgeady, Honeyman and Grabban

Benchwarmers: Steele, Roswell, Maja, Gooch, Beadling, Vaughan and an other!!
Yeh that’s pretty much it
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-20, 6:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I am looking forward to the start of the Coleman era but dont expect everything to be sorted in a day so any result against an in form Villa will be welcome. That said will we see a new manager bounce?

Cant see many changes in team selection this early and I think today will see some arm round the shoulder moments with Ruiter who I fully expect to start at Villa and indeed to take us into the new year.

I'm expecting Browning in for Wilson and NDong if back for Cattermole. Williams may need the week to recover after Saturday's knock and could Maja make the bench?
I don’t know how to give a goalkeeper confidence.
Maybe an arm across his shoulder as you say.
That’s maybe the only way
I think all that Coleman can do is try and build his confidence.
like
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-20, 6:42 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:Me and one of my sons are going to this game... I always live in hope..
like
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum