SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Massive, massive, massive
Today at 2:36 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Today at 10:03 am by cyprussyd

» New Quiz Night at the Albert
Today at 9:36 am by DanielFullard

» Away Tickets Update
Today at 8:38 am by cyprussyd

» The new east stand
Yesterday at 11:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Collectors item
Yesterday at 10:47 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Annual SunderMad night out
Yesterday at 10:11 pm by cyprussyd

» @DavidJonesSky recalls the moment he fell in love with #SAFC.
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Khazri
Yesterday at 8:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Mohamed Eisa
Yesterday at 8:33 pm by sunderpitt

Coleman appointed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coleman appointed

Post  Spuggy on 2017-11-17, 7:55 pm

Talksport 19.46 pm -  unconfirmed
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Coleman appointed

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 8:07 pm

Confirmed on Sky Sports
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-17, 8:12 pm

Can only think that short has agreed to spend to get him cause he wouldn't be short of offers and give him a big transfer kitty, pleased with the appointment
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-17, 8:16 pm

I’m ok with that
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-17, 8:20 pm

Well I am happy with this too.

Now I wonder if Gareth Bale could be persuaded to come to Sunderland Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-17, 8:21 pm

Good manager, best of luck to all my Mackem friends!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-17, 8:21 pm

Hopefully he will become another saviour, but at least he has a good bit of mixed talent to work with.

Upward and onward - no other choice.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-17, 8:26 pm

canary-dave wrote:Good manager, best of luck to all my Mackem friends!   like
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 8:34 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Well I am happy with this too.

Now I wonder if Gareth Bale could be persuaded to come to Sunderland Very Happy
Well he is now injury prone so fits the profile

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-17, 8:37 pm

I also do not have a problem with this gentleman becoming our manager

I just pray he has been given a big kitty... time will tell. There is one Welshman who shows promise plays for Madrid atm

Mind do not wear s sheepskin near him and say Baa

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-11-17, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-17, 8:43 pm

I think out of all the ones mentioned I think this is one of the better appointments we could have hoped for.

I also admire the lad for taking it on. Lets hope the muppets give him a decent chance and Ellis backs him in january.

Can also see the crowd hitting 30k tomorrow now.

A massive gee up imo.

YEEHAW
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 9:30 pm

Chris Coleman has left his job with Wales to take over at Championship club Sunderland.
Coleman will succeed Simon Grayson, who was sacked after 18 games in charge.
Former defender Coleman succeeded the late Gary Speed as Wales boss and guided them to an historic appearance at Euro 2016, where they reached the semi-finals.
Disappointment followed as Wales failed to reach the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.
After Wales' qualifying campaign for that tournament ended in defeat by the Republic of Ireland, Coleman's last two games in charge were a loss to France and home draw against Panama.
Negotiations between Coleman and the Football Association of Wales continued after the game against the Central Americans.
Those talks ended with Coleman opting to leave, having often spoken about hoping to one day return to the day-to-day demands of club management.
Ex-Wales defender Danny Gabbidon told BBC Sport Wales: "I'm gutted, really disappointed. I know all the fans will be, the players will be as well.
"I know how much they thought of the manager he was more than just a manager.
"There was a kind of player relationship between the squad and the manager so they'll be gutted hearing that news as well."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-17, 9:36 pm

If he is coming, there must be a reasonable budget, to support this "fundamental" change in approach!! He certainly wouldn't have entertained our approach with the sort of budget Grayson was offered.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 9:37 pm

Mackemneil wrote:If he is coming, there must be a reasonable budget, to support this "fundamental" change in approach!! He certainly wouldn't have entertained our approach with the sort of budget Grayson was offered.
That is our hope Neil, apparently he is expected to be unveiled on Sunday.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 9:40 pm

Chris Coleman leaves Wales role for Sunderland job

• 1 hour ago

• [size=13]From the sectionWales[/size]

[size=16][size=16]Sharethis page
[/size][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Chris Coleman brought young Wales players Ben Woodburn, David Brooks and Ethan Ampadu into international football as his reign drew to a close

Chris Coleman has left his job with Wales to take over at Championship club Sunderland.
Coleman will succeed Simon Grayson, who was sacked after 18 games in charge.
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) confirmed: "Regretfully, Chris Coleman has resigned from his position with immediate effect."
Ex-defender Coleman, 47, succeeded the late Gary Speed in 2012 and guided them to an historic appearance at Euro 2016, where they reached the semi-finals.
Disappointment followed as Wales failed to reach the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.
Coleman's assistant, Kit Symons, has also left his role of Wales coach.

FAW 'extremely disappointed' by Coleman departure

FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said: "We are extremely disappointed to see Chris' tenure as Wales manager come to an end.
"The FAW and Wales as a nation will be eternally grateful for the job he has done over the last six years as national team manager, from travelling the length and breadth of Wales outside of the media spotlight to talk to players and supporters, to guiding us to the semi-finals of the European Championships.
"We wish Chris the very best of luck for the future as he returns to club management, a desire for which he has always been honest and open about."
After Wales' qualifying campaign for the 2018 tournament ended in defeat by the Republic of Ireland, Coleman's last two games in charge were a 2-0 loss to France and 1-1 home draw against Panama in November, 2017.
Negotiations between Coleman and the FAW continued after the game against the Central Americans.
Those talks ended with Coleman leaving. He had often spoken about hoping to return to the day-to-day demands of club management amid a career that has included being in charge of Fulham in the Premier League.

'I'm gutted, really disappointed' - Gabbidon

Ex-Wales defender Danny Gabbidon told BBC Sport Wales: "I'm gutted, really disappointed. I know all the fans will be, the players will be as well.
"I know how much they thought of the manager - he was more than just a manager.
"There was a kind of player relationship between the squad and the manager so they'll be gutted hearing that news as well."
Coleman's reign began with Wales 48th in Fifa's world rankings and it ends with them in 14th place.
He will take over at Sunderland, who are bottom of the Championship with one win, seven draws and eight defeats so far this season.

Chris Coleman's last interview as boss: 'I think I'm the man' to lead Wales
Sunderland are aiming to confirm a deal with Coleman by Sunday.
There is an expectation at the Stadium of Light he will be in charge for their away game against Aston Villa on Tuesday night.
Despite speculation over Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill, Coleman was the club's number one target and no offers were made to other candidates.
Coleman wanted the FAW to employ head of performance Ryland Morgans and psychologist Ian Mitchell on full-time contracts.
The FAW also offered to spend £500,000 on upgrading training facilities.[/size]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

If Coleman signs

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 9:48 pm

It's a massive well done to Baines for pulling this off.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2017-11-17, 9:50 pm

Certainly seems to be universally acceptable.

He will have to hit the ground running with Boltons 0-0 Point, though Burton lost to Sheff Utd 3-1.

But can he transfer Shorty ?
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-17, 9:53 pm

Spuggy wrote:Certainly seems to be universally acceptable.

He will have to hit the ground running with Boltons 0-0 Point, though Burton lost to Sheff Utd 3-1.

But can he transfer Shorty ?
That’s the thing 
Hit the ground running.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 10:03 pm

Coleman's the man for former Cats stars  

KEVIN CLARK Email Published: 21:11 Friday 17 November 2017 

Former Sunderland AFC stars have welcomed the news Chris Coleman is set to be the club's new manager. Coleman ended his six-year stint as Wales boss at a meeting with the Welsh FA this morning and is tipped to be unveiled over the weekend. 

Micky Horswill For the latest, click here. FA Cup winner Micky Horswill was delighted with the appointment: "It's great," he said. "We need somebody with a name, somebody the players are going to respect so he can get the best out of them -that has been the problem with the last few managers, not getting 100 per cent out of all the players. "You need that respect and Chris Coleman will have that as a ex-international manager." Jimmy Montgomery Micky believes the former Coventry and Fulham boss will be aware of the scale of the tast at hand but must have been given reassurances by club owner Ellis Short that he would have the financial backing needed to pull the Black Cats out of the Championship mire. "He is not going to come if Ellis is not going to back him - I think that will have been his first question. "Ellis will have had to tell him what he is going to be working with - hopefully we will be able to bring a few players in in January." Micky's 1973 team-mate Jimmy Montgomery was also over the moon with the news. Michael Ganley with the SAFC Fans Museum team "Of all the people who are around, he's probably the best of the bunch," he said. "What he has done for Wales has been tremendous. It can only bee good news fur us." The club had done well to attract a manager of Coleman's calibre, given the team';s current league p;light. "It is a big name to pull off," said Jimmy. "Let's just hope we can get him off to a good start with a win tomorrow." SAFC Fan Museum founder Michael Ganley was over the moon with the news: "It's brilliant," he said. "It is a great coup - he is a very big character and the pitch and off the pitch and I think that is what we need. "At the end of the day, he has taken Wales to a higher level and I think that is what is gong to happen here." The onus was now on the players to fulfil their potential too, said Michael. "The lads have got to perform to their highest levelr, just as the mager has to," he said. "These lads have played in the Premier League, some of them have played in Europe. they have played internationally - they know what they have got to do."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-17, 10:15 pm

Well I'm at odds with myself here, i was happy with the Grayson appointment  (turned out well ) but am undecided about Coleman. see.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 10:15 pm

vinkel wrote:Well I'm at odds with myself here, i was happy with the Grayson appointment  (turned out well ) but am undecided about Coleman. see.
well you may be alone there Vink

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 10:17 pm

@SkySports_Keith 
Chris Coleman has been tasked with getting Sunderland promoted within 18 months. He’ll have very little to spend, though.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-17, 10:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Well I'm at odds with myself here, i was happy with the Grayson appointment  (turned out well ) but am undecided about Coleman. see.
Won't be the first time Syd.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 10:22 pm

Chris Coleman will take up the vacant managerial position at Sunderland in the next 48 hours. The Black Cats had identified Coleman as their number one target following the departure of Simon Grayson over a fortnight ago. Coleman's Wales future had been in doubt as he waited on assurances regarding members of his backroom staff. An FAW meeting took place on Friday morning and Coleman has ended his six year tenure at the helm of the national side. FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said: “We are extremely disappointed to see Chris’ tenure as Wales manager come to an end. “We wish Chris the very best of luck for the future as he returns to club management, a desire for which he has always been honest and open about.” He is yet to agree terms with the Black Cats but there are not expected to be any problems reaching an agreement. Sources in Wales believe the 47-year-old could be unveiled by the end of the weekend and take charge for the trip to Aston Villa.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-17, 10:27 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Won't be the first time Syd.
But i do stick by my post 3rd nov.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: