SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» The Quiz
Today at 12:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Doncaster Tuesday
Today at 12:11 pm by Silvers

» Quiz 114
Today at 11:20 am by oldblackcat

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by barrowmackem

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by Vincemac

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Vincemac

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» Saturday is back
Yesterday at 10:12 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Results Week 9
2018-10-19, 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job

Go down

Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-17, 12:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter Reid has told Tribal Football that he has not been offered the Sunderland managerial job yet.
Sunderland are on the lookout for a new permanent manager following the departure of Simon Grayson in October.
Grayson was relieved of his duties following a run of disappointing results in the Championship.

The Black Cats, who got relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season, are in danger of going down to League One at the end of the 2017-18 campaign.
Reid was in charge of Sunderland from 1995 until 2002 and was quite successful during his time at the Stadium of Light.
According to Sky Bet, the odds of the 61-year-old former Everton and Manchester City defensive midfielder becoming the new Sunderland boss are 9/1.
The former England international, who has managed Leeds United and Plymouth Argyle among other clubs in his career so far, has said that he has not yet been offered the Sunderland job.
When asked by Tribal Football if he was interested in the Sunderland managerial job, Reid said: "Listen, you're only interested if you've got offered it. I haven't been offered it yet so it's a waste of time talking about it."
SEE ALSO: Sky Sports pundit predicts just one goal in Sunderland v Millwall
Reid added: "What I would say is it's a fantastic football club who are going through difficult times, and the most important thing for them is to get a manager in quick and get them winning football matches because as big a club as Sunderland is, with great facilities and the Stadium of Light, they can still go down to League One, and for a club like Sunderland that would be an absolute disaster."
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-17, 12:28 pm

My own stance has not softened one iota.

We have not pulled out of our swan dive.
Almost a year since a home win.

I feel we are just about at the point of no return for this season.
we need to win 14/15 games out of the remaining 30....

I feel the reluctance for a new man to accept the job probably reflects this.

The club is probably looking to further cuts to manage a League One budget.

Syd.. that's not putting the boot in.

It's where we find ourselves...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 12:43 pm

Silvers wrote:My own stance has not softened one iota.

We have not pulled out of our swan dive.
Almost a year since a home win.

I feel we are just about at the point of no return for this season.
we need to win 14/15 games out of the remaining 30....

I feel the reluctance for a new man to accept the job probably reflects this.

The club is probably looking to further cuts to manage a League One budget.

Syd.. that's not putting the boot in.

It's where we find ourselves...
And that is the stance of many Silvers and one I understand but dont agree with.

Yes the nose dive has not been stopped and hardly surprising when we look at the complete horlicks our club have managed to make of things.

That said I still believe we have a squad capable of climbing to mid table but we also have a squad who look punch drunk, again hardly surprising, we fans share that feeling.

Points needed mean little to me because other clubs need the same number, the point I look at is the one pointed need more than three more teams.

The next manager appointment is so important it looks like Nain is frightened to get it wrong so is in danger of not getting it right.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-17, 1:04 pm

Binned it this season just not bothered anymore, stay up and it’s more of the same next season, go down and it’ll be a disaster not only for the club but fans as well. I think you are the only one who sees a mid table squad at our glorious club syd if they were we would be mid table now not bottom of a very poor league, the table doesn’t share your optimism mate. . Having said that we are only one win (other results going our way for a change) away from safety, that is the goal to be set by whoever is lucky enough to get the job. That is the target that Bain should be setting to potential managers not promotion or play offs or any other league position, 4th bottom is good enough this time around. Whether the names mentioned have the balls to take that on with zero funds available is debatable.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-17, 1:47 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Binned it this season just not bothered anymore, stay up and it’s more of the same next season, go down and it’ll be a disaster not only for the club but fans as well. I think you are the only one who sees a mid table squad at our glorious club syd if they were we would be mid table now not bottom of a very poor league, the table doesn’t share your optimism mate. . Having said that we are only one win (other results going our way for a change)  away from safety, that is the goal to be set by whoever is lucky enough to get the job. That is the target that Bain should be setting to potential managers not promotion or play offs or any other league position, 4th bottom is good enough this time around. Whether the names mentioned have the balls to take that on with zero funds available is debatable.
You may think I am alone in my thinking but I know I'm not and the table shows us one win from safety, 2 wins from a climb, it really can be that simple.

We do of course need the right man to lift the players moral, and the fans along with that all important stroke of luck along the way.

The real difference is in your opening words because many have not binned it and are very bothered.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2017-11-17, 3:25 pm

Yes one win from safety assuming the three teams above lose, having looked at the fixtures Bolton and Burton play tonight so could well lose and, with Birmingham playing Forest tomorrow it will be down to us to step up, how many times have we managed that in the last few years? Millwall are no pushover mate and, it will be a hard game
The binned comment was about the manager mate not the season as I have a feeling it’ll be the cheap option yet again whoever it is. Also luck is not in Sunderlands make up mate we will have to do it ourselves.
No doubt our very high expectations will be to blame for this season, mine are not get relegated that is the peak of my expectations, down from my previous mid table which as per seemed a bit too much.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum