SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» The Quiz
Today at 12:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Doncaster Tuesday
Today at 12:11 pm by Silvers

» Quiz 114
Today at 11:20 am by oldblackcat

» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by barrowmackem

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by Vincemac

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Yesterday at 1:56 pm by Vincemac

» rape and death threats
Yesterday at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» Saturday is back
Yesterday at 10:12 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Results Week 9
2018-10-19, 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

just some thoughts

Go down

just some thoughts

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-11-16, 7:48 pm

It seems a long time ago now that Bain awaited Simon Grayson in the tunnel and told him that he no longer had a job....was it already agreed with Ellis Short that if we didn't win the game he was to be sacked?

If this is true,why hadn't we already sounded out a few people for the upcoming vacancy? The situation the club finds itself in at the moment would be laughable, if it wasn't so serious. Yeah we've heard how "hard" they are searching for the right man to replace Grayson,with club stalwart Kevin Ball being wheeled out to tell us.(after all the fans love him and will believe what he says) But how hard are they actually trying? I mean, they tried hard to make the "right" appointment after Moyes thankfully fcuked off,did they not?

The endless circle of hiring a manager, giving him money to spend, but no time to reshape or build his own team and sacking them after a run of bad results was broken when we hired Grayson,but not in a good way....just by not giving him any money to spend.....after all he wasn't our first choice by all accounts anyway.

Now we are back in the same position that we were at the start of the season....in limbo, scrabbling around for someone just to take charge of our team.Why is it taking so long? After all, everyone seems to say how great our academy is,how great the fans are,what a great club with a fantastic history....but we seem to have extreme difficulty in employing a manager.Are the new financial restraints implemented to ease the debt too tight? Are they so tight that money is,in fact non existent? Are the potential managers being told that every player has a price and will be sold whether or not they want to keep them? Is it a combination of all of the above?

The longer the situation drags on,the more serious it gets.......the saying goes....you've got to laugh otherwise you'll cry,well I feel so empty at the moment I can't do either.....I now anticipate the appointment of an underwhelming manager less and less and find I have little faith and little hope of things changing as the days pass by Crying or Very sad

One thing I would like to know....If Ellis really cares about the club (as he said in his recent interview) can he not see that now is the time he needs to make money available? If he can't and he wont, he's going to have his own little wall street crash as the only way he'll be able to sell the club is if fortunes turn around....and it wont if we suffer another relegation.
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: just some thoughts

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-16, 7:51 pm

Lots of questions but not sure any of us have the answers.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-16, 8:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Lots of questions but not sure any of us have the answers.
 Relegation might activate release clauses  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-16, 9:56 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Lots of questions but not sure any of us have the answers.
 Relegation might activate release clauses  Wink
affraid affraid affraid
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-16, 9:59 pm

OBC you again sum up how so many of us feel. It is hard to say much more.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum