SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

» Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job
Yesterday at 3:25 pm by talcnturnip

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, talcnturnip, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

ENGLAND V GERMANY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-07, 5:28 pm

ENGLAND V GERMANY
INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
Friday 10th November 2017
KO 20.00
Live on ITV




A break from manager hunts and that elusive first win takes us to the dubious pleasure of England trying to beat Germany.


I intend to watch it for as long as I can but will probably switch to Have I Got News for You at 9.


Sunders tell me more about this game of rugger?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-07, 5:48 pm

I will be at a posh dinner on Friday night (and hopefully meetiing Jeremy Corbyn Very Happy ) so very sadly will miss this no doubt riveting match tongue
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8555
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-07, 5:50 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I will be at a posh dinner on Friday night (and hopefully meetiing Jeremy Corbyn Very Happy ) so very sadly will miss this no doubt riveting match tongue
You have made the right choice

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-10, 8:09 am

@RobDorsettSky 
Jack Butland has broken his finger late in today’s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] training session and has returned to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Understand [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Jordan Pickford will start in goal v Germany.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-10, 12:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
ENGLAND V GERMANY
INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
Friday 10th November 2017
KO 20.00
Live on ITV




A break from manager hunts and that elusive first win takes us to the dubious pleasure of England trying to beat Germany.


I intend to watch it for as long as I can but will probably switch to Have I Got News for You at 9.


Sunders tell me more about this game of rugger?

England v Argentina 1500 Saturday 

Some very big collisions will happen and nobody will pretend to be hurt or dive.

England have been good to watch lately, as with the Falcons tbd

See what you reckon Saturday afternoon
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6199
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-10, 1:01 pm

I often don't bother with England friendlies but now Pickford's playing, I'll give it a look. Will this be the night he claims the No.1 jersey?
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-10, 1:04 pm

Kipper wrote:I often don't bother with England friendlies but now Pickford's playing, I'll give it a look. Will this be the night he claims the No.1 jersey?

I think Butland is ahead of him but IMHO they are both ahead of Hart


You mean Butland with the broken finger

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13489
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-10, 7:59 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Kipper wrote:I often don't bother with England friendlies but now Pickford's playing, I'll give it a look. Will this be the night he claims the No.1 jersey?

I think Butland is ahead of him but IMHO they are both ahead of Hart


You mean Butland with the broken finger

Yes, Butland with the broken finger when he is fit. Why does Pickford always look as if he is blushing?

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13489
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-10, 8:48 pm

Mr Pickford is showing the difference a good keeper can make
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6199
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-10, 8:51 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Mr Pickford is showing the difference a good keeper can make

Not being given much help by his defenders

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13489
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-10, 8:52 pm

Those kids are giving a good account of themselves but JP has been stand out with those two saves.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3607
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-10, 8:56 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Those kids are giving a good account of themselves but JP has been stand out with those two saves.

I like the look of that Trippier, good first touch and decent crosses

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13489
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-10, 10:02 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Those kids are giving a good account of themselves but JP has been stand out with those two saves.

I like the look of that Trippier, good first touch and decent crosses
Have we found a new England team by accident?  So close to winning, but both teams looking good for the future.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3607
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-10, 10:07 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Those kids are giving a good account of themselves but JP has been stand out with those two saves.

I like the look of that Trippier, good first touch and decent crosses
Yeh pitty about his shot into the side netting 
Thought he had a good game looks good
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6685
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-10, 10:48 pm

Did anybody else notice how many corners England took with the ball outside the quadrant?
Most of them took by Trippier.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-11, 7:23 am

Watching Jordan Pickford you can't help but think,"What if".

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-11-11, 7:59 am

Billy D wrote:Did anybody else notice how many corners England took with the ball outside the quadrant?
Most of them took by Trippier.

Yes I noticed that but it is happening more and more in league matches as well.  As they had the facility to use the video checking system it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if England had scored from a corner.
avatar
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 789
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-11, 8:49 am

Lever Malone wrote:
Billy D wrote:Did anybody else notice how many corners England took with the ball outside the quadrant?
Most of them took by Trippier.

Yes I noticed that but it is happening more and more in league matches as well.  As they had the facility to use the video checking system it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if England had scored from a corner.
I'm assuming if they allow the corner to be taken from outside the quadrant then they can't disallow the goal if they score.
It narks me. It's just another form of cheating.
I mean ffs, does 2 or 3 inches really make much difference to a professional footballer taking  a corner?
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-11, 9:31 am

Didn’t see it switched off after 15 minutes got bored but, I’m guessing as long as the whole of the ball is not outside the quadrant then it’s fine. There is a linesman there to check this so an easy solution would be for him to get the ball moved back and, if the player refuses then the ref gets involved and yellow cards him that will eventually stamp it out.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-11, 9:51 am

Corners are taken like that in every game, the whole of the ball does not need to be in the quadrant

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-11, 10:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:Watching Jordan Pickford you can't help but think,"What if".
Syd even if we were riding high in the premiership.
We always sell our best players 
History is proof of this 
Sad as it is
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6685
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-11, 10:26 am

cyprussyd wrote:Corners are taken like that in every game, the whole of the ball does not need to be in the quadrant
No but some of the fu**er does!
Lord have f*cking mercy.  Rolling Eyes
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-11, 10:29 am

talcnturnip wrote:Didn’t see it switched off after 15 minutes got bored but, I’m guessing as long as the whole of the ball is not outside the quadrant then it’s fine. There is a linesman there to check this so an easy solution would be for him to get the ball moved back and, if the player refuses then the ref gets involved and yellow cards him that will eventually stamp it out.
It was mate - on more than one occasion.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-11, 10:47 am

cyprussyd wrote:Corners are taken like that in every game, the whole of the ball does not need to be in the quadrant

Correct, as long as any part of the ball is over the white line it is ok.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 1865
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 66
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-11, 10:51 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Corners are taken like that in every game, the whole of the ball does not need to be in the quadrant

Correct, as long as any part of the ball is over the white line it is ok.
Yes I know that.
Trippier took one last night that was about 3 inches over the quadrant.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ENGLAND V GERMANY

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum