SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

NEXT MANAGER POLL

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHO WOULD YOU APPOINT

5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
27% 27% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

Re: NEXT MANAGER POLL

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-11, 4:50 pm

gil t azell wrote:Paul Thirlwell is doing a canny job at Harrogate town. Has all he's coaching badges and more importantly he lurves us. Would prefer him to some of the others mentioned.

If the Rep of Ireland get knocked out methinks Keane will leave his post. Yes he will be back on Sky but what if, admittedly a long shot, that naming a new manager is taking so long cos ES is in the process of selling it to new owners who want Keane in?
OK I can dream tho cant I?
Now i know what "bit of a long shot" means.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-12, 6:44 am

Cats call for Harry's help 
Harry Redknapp could make a sensational return to management at Sunderland. 
The Daily Star Sunday can reveal that Redknapp, 70 is the latest manager being considered by Black Cats owner Ellis Short. And Sources close to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-12, 7:59 am

All I can surmise is because the Bane/Short axis of evil will not allow any finding to a new manager.. nobody wants the job and all are turning it down.

Sack in haste and repent at leisure... you could not make it up..the long standing incompetence of Short, now the total ineptiude of Bane. We thought Margaret B was poor (she was) but Bane seems worse if that is possible.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-12, 8:16 am

sunderpitt wrote:All I can surmise is because the Bane/Short axis of evil will not allow any finding to a new manager.. nobody wants the job and all are turning it down.

Sack in haste and repent at leisure... you could not make it up..the long standing incompetence of Short, now the total ineptiude of Bane. We thought Margaret B was poor (she was) but Bane seems worse if that is possible.
Yeah but at least Maggie had nice tits.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-12, 8:39 am

sunderpitt wrote:All I can surmise is because the Bane/Short axis of evil will not allow any finding to a new manager.. nobody wants the job and all are turning it down.

I think that in the main Short acted on fans advice.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-12, 9:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:Cats call for Harry's help 
Harry Redknapp could make a sensational return to management at Sunderland. 
The Daily Star Sunday can reveal that Redknapp, 70 is the latest manager being considered by Black Cats owner Ellis Short. And Sources close to

Not for me
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-12, 9:31 am

I thought they would have learnt their lesson and had someone lined up before they pulled the trigger, it said in another post Bain was starting to weigh up his options then start interviews u just can't make it up how long do they wait until we are relagated
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-12, 11:05 am

According to a report from The Sun on Sunday (print edition; 12th November 2017; page 61), Aitor Karanka is cautious about the idea of taking the Sunderland job due to concerns about the owner's plans for the Black Cats.

Aitor Karanka is reportedly unsure regarding whether he wants to take the Sunderland job.
HITC.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-12, 12:43 pm

Montero, the Argentinian, experienced player but inexperienced coach, was a 25/1 outsider has just resigned from current job in Argentina after losing Cup Semi-final last night!!!

Now that would be a fundamental change! ........... But not necessarily a good one. However, if the only alternative is Redknapp bring him in!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-11-12, 12:55 pm

If Redknapp gets the job I will assassinate him at his unveiling press conference Twisted Evil
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-12, 1:01 pm

oldblackcat wrote:If Redknapp gets the job I will assassinate him at his unveiling press conference Twisted Evil
Lol.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-12, 3:19 pm

Why have no germans been linked to the job, if a bit of organisation is needed surely a german would fit nicely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alka12 on 2017-11-12, 9:41 pm

I would like to see Frank De Boer get the job I watched Crystal Palace loose at Swansea and Palace played Swansea off the park, but things were going on in the dressing room I think it was the same as what got Paolo Di Canio sacked, I really think he would fit the bill if he would come but I doubt it.
Alka12

Back to top Go down

Post  Alka12 on 2017-11-12, 9:45 pm

vinkel wrote:Why have no germans been linked to the job, if a bit of organisation is needed surely a german would fit nicely.
Apparently the Germans were at the Bolton game the night Grayson was shown the door and Short has sold his London home so I expect things to start happening this week.
Alka12

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-12, 9:51 pm

Alka12 wrote:
vinkel wrote:Why have no germans been linked to the job, if a bit of organisation is needed surely a german would fit nicely.
Apparently the Germans were at the Bolton game the night Grayson was shown the door and Short has sold his London home so I expect things to start happening this week.
The club denied that the Germans were there but being Sunderland who knows

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 6:41 am

Well if it doesn't happen in the next two days I would say we go into the Millwall game in our seemingly constant state of chaos and panic.

If I had managed the way our dear club are I would have been sacked some time ago. Whenever I attended a board meeting and sales figures were down I was never asked for excuses just asked the question what was I doing about it. Likewise if income was down or expenses up I would ask the finance director, "What are you doing about it"?

I would like to think that when Batn is asked the question he replies to Short, "I'm struggling because everyone is asking how much in January and the answer £1.50 is putting them off, we may have to offer more.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-13, 6:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well if it doesn't happen in the next two days I would say we go into the Millwall game in our seemingly constant state of chaos and panic.

If I had managed the way our dear club are I would have been sacked some time ago. Whenever I attended a board meeting and sales figures were down I was never asked for excuses just asked the question what was I doing about it. Likewise if income was down or expenses up I would ask the finance director, "What are you doing about it"?

I would like to think that when Batn is asked the question he replies to Short, "I'm struggling because everyone is asking how much in January and the answer £1.50 is putting them off, we may have to offer more.

Payments at player level misdirected, payments at owner level.......  Suspect

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-13, 7:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well if it doesn't happen in the next two days I would say we go into the Millwall game in our seemingly constant state of chaos and panic.

I surmise that you Sir have the gist of it like
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-14, 10:46 am

So, Paul Heckingbottom now seems to be the favourite. Probably pure guesswork again, but is he any more qualified/capable of getting us out of this mess than Grayson?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-14, 12:09 pm

Kipper wrote:So, Paul Heckingbottom now seems to be the favourite. Probably pure guesswork again, but is he any more qualified/capable of getting us out of this mess than Grayson?

What a name.. "Bigarse" he will fit right in at Sunderland... was here as a youth I believe.

I doubt we will want to pay compensation to his present club
. He will be cheap as regards wages and will not expect any funds for new quality players.. So Bane and Shorty will be happy
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-14, 12:30 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:So, Paul Heckingbottom now seems to be the favourite. Probably pure guesswork again, but is he any more qualified/capable of getting us out of this mess than Grayson?

What a name.. "Bigarse" he will fit right in at Sunderland... was here as a youth I believe.

I doubt we will want to pay compensation to his present club
. He will be cheap as regards wages and will not expect any funds for new quality players.. So Bane and Shorty will be happy
Pure speculation and probably way off the mark.

Get your dosh on someone else

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-14, 4:10 pm

Reports in the media claim Gus Poyet has expressed an interest in returning to Sunderland. Given the other options on offer, would you take him back as…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-14, 4:53 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reports in the media claim Gus Poyet has expressed an interest in returning to Sunderland. Given the other options on offer, would you take him back as…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM
Not for me thanks.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-11-14, 5:00 pm

Twill be O Shea...

No compen to pay..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

I know its the Star but

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-14, 5:44 pm

New Sunderland manager: Four names on shortlist, appointment wanted by Saturday

SUNDERLAND have compiled a short-list of four names to become the latest manager at the Stadium of Light.

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / Published 14th November 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]SUNDERLAND AFC
Sunderland chief Martin Bain wants a new manager in quickly
And while chief executive Martin Bain hopes to have the new man installed ahead of Saturday’s home game against Millwall, he is prepared to wait.

Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom and former Rangers manager Ally McCoist are two of the leading contenders for one of football’s hottest seats.

But sources at the club say there are two more in the frame and interviews have yet to be completed.

Heckingbottom’s odds have been slashed in the past 24 hours but there has been no approach for the Tykes’ boss, who was on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Sunderland’s books without making a first team appearance.

He is understood to want the job and he ticks many of the boxes Sunderland are looking for.

But at this stage, Bain remains open minded and has yet to decide on a No.1 candidate.

A series of meetings are scheduled for the next two days with Bain hopeful of significant progress being made.

A source claims it’s “60-40” that there will be an announcement on the new manager before the weekend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GETTY
Ally McCoist and Paul Heckingbottom are contenders for the Sunderland job
Debt-ridden Sunderland have yet to win a home game this year and their only league victory this season was back in August.

Crowds have slumped with recent attendances dipping well below the 20,000 mark despite official figures suggesting otherwise – thousands of season-ticket holders are staying away.

Bain craves stability even though he is now looking for his third manager in 16 months.

But he also knows it is vital that a new man provides a short-term kick such is the sense of despondency on Wearside right now.

It’s over a fortnight since the Championship’s bottom club [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Bain refuses to be rushed into making an appointment, well aware that this time he must get it right or Sunderland could be playing in League One next term.

Robbie Stockdale will take charge on Saturday if the recruitment process is still on-going though he is not a candidate for the job on a permanent basis.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: