SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd, talcnturnip, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

NEXT MANAGER POLL

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHO WOULD YOU APPOINT

5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
27% 27% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

Re: NEXT MANAGER POLL

Post  Nostalgic on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Our search over the years for finding success whilst surviving has always been a risk, despite making some reasonable signings and changing managers when we seemed to be heading downwards. Many on here are from the "cuda/shuda/wuda school in their hindsight but I recall even loyal Syd despairing over the type of football MON was serving up during his period here.  We may have made a mistake there as we could have stabilised but been bored to death whilst not progressing. 

These managers have come and gone as they were perceived failures as we were heading down. Our problem is that we survived because Short fired those people and replaced them at times when we had enough time and games to survive hence the admiration for them. It took Sam six months and a few signings to finally get a team together. M'vila and Lens only turned decent performances in the last few games and we must ask if he would have paid the 8m for Mvila or give up signing N'Dong or Dilibodji - his choices that Moyes went along with.  M'vila bailed out which tells me he had no belly for the fight again.

The next manager will know our history and what is needed, so the choice is pretty narrow between a unknown one who is ambitious for a big club job, or one who has something to prove but is seen as a loser elsewhere.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 am

Bring accountability in, sort out the AoL and we'll be fine in 3/4 years ready for the promotions needed. 
Until then nothing will ever change.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 am

Spot on Kiwi we have to go with a full refit but, we need a manager who will stand up to the players, a manager who will be given full reign and more importantly the funds the do the job. Shorts idea of 6/7 th in the PL is a lot longer away than his estimates, in fact a longer off than most of our estimates, it’s looking like a long stint in the Championship assuming we stay in the Championship this season.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 am

I reckon the best manager would be Sam A plus £50m
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 am

The question is are we taking our time to get the right man or are we finding that no one wants the job after hearing the deal and transfer budget?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:25 am

sunderpitt wrote:I reckon the best manager would be Sam A plus £50m
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:28 am

Hieronymus wrote:
If he was ever a contender I reckon his interview saying we are stuffed until Short sells will rule him out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 am

Next Sunderland manager latest odds

John O'Shea Evens

Ally McCoist 11/4
Phil Brown 4/1
Aitor Karanka 7/1
Phil Neville 10/1
Peter Reid 14/1
Paul Hurst 18/1
Robbie Stockdale 18/1
Paul Heckingnottom 20/1
Stefan Schwarz 22/1
Harry Redknapp 22/1
Kevin Phillips 22/1
Alan Pardew 25/1
Sam Allardyce 25/1
Alex McLeish 25/1
Paul Cook 25/1

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
If he was ever a contender I reckon his interview saying we are stuffed until Short sells will rule him out.
I think your right there
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
I think your right there

Yes i suspect he could have ruled himself out.. but maybe it is just a negotiation stance ( we can but hope)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Next Sunderland manager latest odds

John O'Shea Evens

Ally McCoist 11/4
Phil Brown 4/1
Aitor Karanka 7/1
Phil Neville 10/1
Peter Reid 14/1
Paul Hurst 18/1
Robbie Stockdale 18/1
Paul Heckingnottom 20/1
Stefan Schwarz 22/1
Harry Redknapp 22/1
Kevin Phillips 22/1
Alan Pardew 25/1
Sam Allardyce 25/1
Alex McLeish 25/1
Paul Cook 25/1

In other words nobody had got a clue who it is likely to be
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am

Sunderland remain hopeful of appointing a new manager before the crucial Championship clash with Millwall next week, with a short-term appointment a possibility. Martin Bain is assessing candidates as he searches for a boss with the experience and stature to improve Sunderland’s wretched record in the Championship this season and galvanise a club low on morale. Simon Grayson was appointed this summer in the hope that his experience of managing in the Football League would help stabilise the Black Cats, but his struggles could see a change of approach this time around, despite the likes of Paul Hurst and Nathan Jones of Shrewsbury and Luton Town being linked with the role. A short-term appointment, perhaps until the end of the current season, is a possibility with the Black Cats six points adrift of 20th in the table and in desperate need of an immediate uplift. Former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka was installed as the bookmakers favourite for the role on Tuesday, and is thought to be open to talks over the vacant position. With little immediate prospect of investment in the playing squad, however, it remains to be seen whether the Spaniard could be convinced to take the job having turned down interest from Birmingham and Alaves in recent times. Other names strongly linked with the role are Ally McCoist, the former Rangers manager and Sunderland player who retains strong ties with the city and current chief executive, and former Manchester United man Phil Neville. Neville is thought to have turned down a role in David Moyes’ backroom staff as he seeks to pursue his own career in management, and told the BBC at the weekend: “I wonder whether it can get any lower than it is at the moment [at Sunderland]. The training ground is as good as any Premier League club. “It needs somebody to go in there, grab those young players, be a little bit aggressive and give them something. “The place needs lifting. There is no positivity. I think it is an attractive proposition. There are British coaches in the lower leagues who would jump at the opportunity to manage Sunderland.”

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am

Roy Keane distances himself from SAFC job... Martin Bain 'contacts Luton' for boss.... and Lamine Kone is out for 6 weeks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Despite Roy Keane ruling himself out of the running for the Sunderland manager’s post, there have been a whole host of new names linked with the…
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 am

canary-dave wrote:I can't believe someone voted for Phil Neville, was that a joke?

Why? He has good connections and seems to come over well on sky when hes on. I think it would be an ideal place to start.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:55 am

Aitor Karanka: Former Middlesbrough boss posts cryptic message amid Sunderland links

AITOR KARANKA may have just dropped a big hint that he's on his way to Sunderland.

By [url=http://www.express.co.uk/search?s= James]JAMES BENSON[/url]
PUBLISHED: 00:10, Thu, Nov 9, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:11, Thu, Nov 9, 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]TWITTER
Former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has hinted he's on his way up to Sunderland
The Spanish coach has been linked with a potential move to the Stadium of Light in the wake of Simon Grayson's departure.

And tonight he's fuelled the speculation by posting a cryptic message on his personal Twitter profile.

Karanka wrote: "Next stop… *thinking emoji*", alongside an image of himself looking at the departures boards at London's King's Cross station.

His tweet has led to suggestions he's heading to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Sunderland with a view to filling the hotseat vacated by Grayson last week.

"Ha’way lad get yourself up to Sunderland!!" one fan replied.

"There's a delayed train from King's Cross left at 21:08 and arrives in Newcastle for 00:41am could be that one? #SAFC" another responded.

One [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Middlesbrough supporter warned Karanka off heading to Wearside though, saying: "Don't do it. Your reputation is at stake."

And a Rangers fan called on him to head to Ibrox instead, saying: "Do not do it Aitor !!!!!!!! Please say it's Rangers."

Another Twitter user said: "Whoever it is they aren’t even flying him in, so it must be a skint club , if that narrows it down."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]TWITTER
Aitor Karanka posted an image of himself looking at the King's Cross departure boards on Twitter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GETTY
Aitor Karanka secured promotion to the Premier League with Middlesbrough in May 2016
Karanka is available to take charge of Sunderland having been out of work since leaving Middlesbrough in March.

The former Real Madrid assistant was sacked by Riverside chiefs when Boro looked bound for a return to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Middlesbrough ultimately ended the 2016/17 campaign in 19th position, four points and one place above Sunderland. 

The Teessiders, now managed by Garry Monk, ran out 1-0 winners when they faced the Black Cats last weekend.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm

I would be happy with this to be fair.  It is an impossible job really but we do need SOMEONE and quickly Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 pm

and here we go again:

Manager hunt: Odds fall on Heckingbottom taking charge of Sunderland as Karanka links wane.

More complete guesswork on the part of the bookies.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Does the fact that the former assistant manager of Real Madrid still does not have job after eight months tell us anything?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Does the fact that the former assistant manager of Real Madrid still does not have job after eight months tell us anything?
Yes it does, he still has a home in Harrogate, loves the area and is worth a few bob so he can be picky.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Nigel Pearson comes across as a very grounded man:

Just saying.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:49 pm

and Shay Given has only good things to say about Roy Keane

Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:32 am

Sunderland’s search for a new manager is set to reach crunch point this weekend. Martin Bain took stock of the club’s situation following the departure of Simon Grayson 11 days ago. The chief executive has spent the latter part of this week assessing the credentials of applicants for the post, and is expected to begin a formal interview process over the next couple of days. Given the side’s position in the table and the financial restrictions the new manager would be expected to work under, a short-term appointment remains a possibility. French coach Franck Passi, who has held interim posts at Marseille and Lille and kept them in Ligue 1, is one of a number of names who have registered their interest in the vacant position. Aitor Karanka, Paul Heckingbottom and Ally McCoist remain the frontrunners for the post. Karanka would clearly require a longer contract and assurances about the scope for future investment in the squad, having spoken of his determination not to rush back into management after leaving Middlesbrough last March. Paul Heckingbottom has admirers after a stunning start to his managerial career with Barnsley, and an approach has been weighed up by the Sunderland hierarchy. Heckingbottom has a 12 month rolling contract at Oakwell but has spoken regularly of his happiness at managing his boyhood club. The Tykes currently sit eight places and nine points above the Black Cats in the Championship table and ran out 3-0 winners when the two sides met in August.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Heckingbottom not being interviewed today, he is on Sky Gillette Soccer Saturday!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Heckingbottom not being interviewed today, he is on Sky Gillette Soccer Saturday!!
Does he have a red and white tie on, dead give away

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Paul Thirlwell is doing a canny job at Harrogate town. Has all he's coaching badges and more importantly he lurves us. Would prefer him to some of the others mentioned.

If the Rep of Ireland get knocked out methinks Keane will leave his post. Yes he will be back on Sky but what if, admittedly a long shot, that naming a new manager is taking so long cos ES is in the process of selling it to new owners who want Keane in?
OK I can dream tho cant I?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: