SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

NEXT MANAGER POLL

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHO WOULD YOU APPOINT

5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
27% 27% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

NEXT MANAGER POLL

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-06, 6:12 pm

Who do you want

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-11-06, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NEXT MANAGER POLL

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-06, 6:26 pm

Would prefer Keane but cannot see that happening so voted for the best out of that lot on list.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-06, 6:45 pm

Nigel Pearson if only to stabilise us.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-06, 7:11 pm

Not sure if I know anymore... every manager who I think will be good has failed  (lack of funds part of the reason mind)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-06, 9:35 pm

Karanka for me
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-06, 9:50 pm

I can't believe someone voted for Phil Neville, was that a joke?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-06, 10:30 pm

canary-dave wrote:I can't believe someone voted for Phil Neville, was that a joke?

Me purely basing it on the hope he has learned a phenominal amount of knowledge from SAF. Not the best but some of the other options arent the best either.

Keane would be my 1st choice but there isnt a cat in hells chance of Short sanctioning that. We have had well known mangers here. We have had lesser known managers. All have failed recently minus BSA. Rapidly giving up hope.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-06, 11:04 pm

I'm at the point where I'm really not that bothered who just as long as they get them playing as a team and showing a bit of spirit
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-07, 4:12 am

gil t azell wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I can't believe someone voted for Phil Neville, was that a joke?

Me purely basing it on the hope he has learned a phenominal amount of knowledge from SAF. Not the best but some of the other options arent the best either.

Keane would be my 1st choice but there isnt a cat in hells chance of Short sanctioning that. We have had well known mangers here. We have had lesser known managers. All have failed recently minus BSA. Rapidly giving up hope.

Sorry gil, not meaning to be rude, but he's not a very good pundit due imo to a limited knowledge of the tactical side of the game, his brother Gary is more knowledgeable and he failed badly in Spain!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-07, 7:40 am

Unless the new boss is given the tools to work with imo it doesn't really matter who comes in.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-07, 7:47 am

vinkel wrote:Unless the new boss is given the tools to work with imo it doesn't really matter who comes in.
Cant agree with you there because I still strongly believe we have a squad capable of a mid table finish but they need strong organised management.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-07, 8:17 am

vinkel wrote:Unless the new boss is given the tools to work with imo it doesn't really matter who comes in.
This totally.  like
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-07, 8:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Cant agree with you there because I still strongly believe we have a squad capable of a mid table finish but they need strong organised management.
Whys that then?
It's like asking a brickie to build you a house without cement or a trowel.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-07, 8:24 am

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Whys that then?
If you cant see I cant help you.
TBH it's worse than that, not sure I can be bothered to try anymore, I'm finding the negativity all around me to be destructive. I know I will get the worn out get real, rose tinted specs and the rest of it but it's oh so simple for me. The club is in dire straits and needs all the help it can get. The majority seem happy to kick it when its down and for me that's so sad and it depresses me far more than our current plight.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-07, 8:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Whys that then?
TBH it's worse than that, not sure I can be bothered to try anymore, I'm finding the negativity all around me to be destructive. I know I will get the worn out get real, rose tinted specs and the rest of it but it's oh so simple for me. The club is in dire straits and needs all the help it can get. The majority seem happy to kick it when its down and for me that's so sad and it depresses me far more than our current plight.
I'm not asking for help.
In your opinion was Grayson given the tools to make a good go of it?
Simple question.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-07, 8:49 am

I get what Syd is saying and I agree we have enough in the squad to be in a better position than we are, in my opinion it was the tactics and the constant chopping and changing and no settled side that has contributed to our downfall
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-07, 8:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Whys that then?

I don't think Billy and Vinkel are kicking the club when it's down, they just don't see much talent in the team to get the potential realised. You see it differently fair enough but a few weeks back you thought Grayson was the man to do it.

I think there are some decent players in there somewhere and there seems to be two things needed - Get the defence organised and give the rest of them a kick up the arse. Hopefully there is such a person that can do this and we make the right choice. Hurst, Pearson or Keane would so for me and I think we would improve under any of them. No way Keane would come but  I think we need someone with just a touch of that psychotic edge. I suppose I don't know enough about Hurst at the moment but his record seems unquestionable so far.

I don't think Bain and Short will see it like I do though. They won't risk anyone with that edge and they'll get one of their buddies in - McCoist or O'Shea. This in my opinion will guarantee a drop to the next tier.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-07, 8:54 am

Although we don’t have a great team
We certainly have the players to be at least mid table in this league
Grayson couldn’t find the right formular.
Hopefully the next manager can find that spark.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2017-11-07, 10:00 am

Nigel Pearson to steady the ship and sort them out - forever. 

He takes no nonsense and no prisoners, but his lack of opportunities / game time since Leicester is worrying.
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-11-07, 10:02 am

I think Grayson was unlucky on several counts:

He inherited a squad, whose morale had been destroyed by the Moyes negativity.
He was given little or no money, because the club and Short were still paying for the inept management of the last five years.
He had to scrape the barrel for players, who in his own words, were players that had lost their way, supplemented by loanees.
From the beginning those players had been labelled 'inadequate' and 'lacking quality' not the best way to raise morale
A catalogue of injuries and certain players not performing left him frantically searching for the 'winning combination'.
Alas all of this and the pressure of being involved in this club got to him, he thought he had the strength to cope, but like many better men than him it proved to be a step too far.

And so, who would wish to step into the fray next. We have a stark choice once more, we can either go for someone who on the face of it has the experience and ability, but with the risk of the accompanying expectations may fail once more, OR, go with someone who may lack the experience, but shows promise and to whom we attach the expectation of survival in the first instance but the promise of a sensibly paced redevelopment of this club from top to bottom.  

I prefer the latter, why? Because I don't believe that with the exception of Big Sam there is anyone out there that can achieve those lofty expectations. 

Hurst for me, but lower our expectations!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2017-11-07, 10:07 am

And McCoist knows his stuff and is used to working with a crap heirarchy upstairs - see Glasgow Rangers mess.

He's got great contacts and seems well liked in the game.

At least we would get a smile out of him and he is a Sunderland fan.
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuggy on 2017-11-07, 10:11 am

As Napoleon said, I don't want good generals, I want lucky ones.
Spuggy
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-07, 11:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Whys that then?
As everyone can see, you wear your heart on your sleeve Syd, nothing wrong with that.
A while back you asked should this be a forum of back slappers, some seem to do and some not. If anyone in the not camp voices an opinion you cant understand, it is just that, an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-07, 11:18 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Whys that then?
As everyone can see, you wear your heart on your sleeve Syd, nothing wrong with that.
A while back you asked should this be a forum of back slappers, some seem to do and some not. If anyone in the not camp voices an opinion you cant understand, it is just that, an opinion.

Well said Vinkel, a valid point!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-07, 5:53 pm

canary-dave wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

Sorry gil, not meaning to be rude, but he's not a very good pundit due imo to a limited knowledge of the tactical side of the game, his brother Gary is more knowledgeable and he failed badly in Spain!

Totally agree CD but as paddock said its getting to the stage where I am not really bothered who comes in anymore as I dont believe all of the managers can be at fault.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum