SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

2 exciting weeks ahead

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 exciting weeks ahead

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 8:23 pm

Yes I still occupy the happy land were every cloud..

I was encouraged by our performance against Boro, yes I know we lost and we did not take our chances and yes we are bottom of the table and things are a wee bit glum but we have a choice, throw in the towel of look for those positives until there are no positives left.

In the next two weeks we should have a new manager in place, being Sunderland I personally dont think the media have a clue so best wait until we have an announcement.

We will hopefully go into the Millwall game with a fit squad, new manager, better organisation and come out with that elusive first win.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 exciting weeks ahead

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-05, 8:28 pm

I still think Argos will win his money. Fully expecting a major upturn IF we get the right manager in.

Do we need a football manager brought in or a man manager? Alternatively do we need a complete b*stard who will finally sort the players out?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-05, 8:51 pm

gil t azell wrote:I still think Argos will win his money. Fully expecting a major upturn IF we get the right manager in.

Do we need a football manager brought in or a man manager? Alternatively do we need a complete b*stard who will finally sort the players out?

No doubting we're shit at present but having watched three of the past four games I do feel confident of finishing just above relegation. The only job required of the new manager is to sort out a back six.

That said I'll still put us down to lose every game on Jerry's predictor  Razz

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-10, 8:22 am

Well the first of the exciting two weeks has been a wee bit short on excitement.

Let's hope week two perks us all up  Shocked

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-10, 9:50 am

I thought we did okay at Boro mate not world beaters but less panel beaters than in previous games. New man should be in by start of next week to have any sort of chance to assess the squad.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-10, 5:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well the first of the exciting two weeks has been a wee bit short on excitement.

Let's hope week two perks us all up  Shocked
Today is the day.....well here at least  affraid

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 2:11 pm

Well the excitement is just about extinguished and we count the days to our next home game with the long list of potential managers shrinking as we speak.

One by one even the ones we dont want are saying no and Baine has recruited the help of some unknown man from the academy to help him find a manager.

My enthusiasm is struggling and it seems I am not alone.

But in truth, enthusiasm has evaporated amongst the faithful now - evidenced by the fact little over 200 tickets have been told for Sunderland’s next away game - a trip to Aston Villa a week tomorrow - a game which should have been one of the more eagerly anticipated road trips of the season.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-13, 2:15 pm

I fear your right and the fact it has taken so long is that no one approached wants it and wants to work with short as his reputation for misleading past managers is out there for all to see ,.........,...........fed up ..............
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-13, 3:56 pm

paddocklad wrote:I fear your right and the fact it has taken so long is that no one approached wants it and wants to work with short as his reputation for misleading past managers is out there for all to see ,.........,...........fed up ..............

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 4:03 pm

That dreaded combination is approaching, club in turmoil, team  not winning and freezing weather.

Central heating and radio will appeal to more and more.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-13, 4:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:That dreaded combination is approaching, club in turmoil, team  not winning and freezing weather.

Central heating and radio will appeal to more and more.

England  beat    Argentina at Twickenham on Saturday in a turgid game. Our coach an Aussie called Jones went ballistic Fieffing and blinding at our play. God knows what he would do if  they were losing. They have won 20 out of 21 games. Perhaps Bane should get in touch with Eddie Jones... not sure the relationships between him and the powers that be at Sunderland would be that smooth

We play Australia this weekend... they want revenge we stuffed them in Oz last time
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 4:46 pm

One finds oneself getting well and truly pissed off,not a place I like.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-13, 5:26 pm

Just goes to show how much substance was behind shorts little speech last week, 7 th place my arse, if he was that serious a new manager would be in place now with the promise of cash in January
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 6:33 pm

A chink of light, we have been interviewing today...

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-13, 7:03 pm

There is no doubt that we are hard to sell at they minute to any potential manager. Grayson is generally being blamed for our current plight which I am sure no-one could envision when he was appointed. I am sure there are moves going on at the club, as hinted by KB, so what do we want?  A quick appointment or one who can turn us around which, in my view, would not take much, and there are protocols that have to be gone through to get one from another club.

We'll get there by getting it right not panicking.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-13, 7:46 pm

Is it actually Bain is the problem? A few managers have allegedly expressed an interest and then once interviewed by Bain they disappear, not literally, but gone from the betting.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-13, 8:04 pm

Is Bain being clever? Has he waited for the NI manager and knows now he may get him.

PS, the Honduras manager has just resigned and this is SAFC. Like Thunderbirds anything could happen.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-13, 10:24 pm

On another front Everton have been turned by Watford to approach their manager.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-13, 10:26 pm

Sunderland hold interviews in Manchester and Leeds but club won’t rush appointment as Robbie Stockdale prepares for Millwall
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Martin Bain
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RICHARD MENNEAR

[email=richard.mennear@jpress.co.uk][size=20]Email[/email]

Published: 17:45Monday 13 November 2017[/size]

Tuesday marks two-weeks since Sunderland sacked Simon Grayson yet the club is still to appoint his successor.

Grayson was given his marching orders within minute’s of the 3-3 draw with Bolton Wanderers but his replacement is yet to take their seat in the Sunderland dugout.

Former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka remains the favourite, with Paul Heckingbottom also understood to be interested though there has been no official approach for the Barnsley boss.

Phil Neville is also understood to be keen on the role while Ally McCoist is understood to remain high in the club’s thinking.

The Echo understands the former Rangers boss, who has recently been in America, is keen on the role.
Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain, assisted by academy chief Jimmy Sinclair, is leading the selection process with interviews understood to be taking place outside the region.
The club’s hierarchy are understood to have met candidates in Manchester and Leeds in recent days.
Sunderland had hoped to have appointed Grayson’s successor during this break but won’t rush into an appointment with officials fully aware of the need to get the right man.

Caretaker boss Robbie Stockdale took training at the Academy of Light yesterday and is set to lead the side against Millwall at the Stadium of Light as things stand.
Northern Ireland boss Michael O’Neill saw his odds for the Sunderland job slashed on Monday following their World Cup play-off defeat to Switzerland.
O’Neill has also been linked with the vacant Scotland and Rangers jobs.
Edinburgh-based O’Neill has said he won’t rush a decision on his future.

It has since emerged clubs would have to shell out £750,000 in compensation to land O’Neill, though there are reports there is no such clause if he was to take charge of another national side. His achievements with Northern Ireland has won him many plaudits.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-14, 12:37 am

HARRY REDKNAPP is not currently being considered for the managerial vacancy at Sunderland despite weekend reports linking the former Tottenham and West Ham boss with the role.
And while the South American media have claimed Sunderland have made an approach to Uruguayan Paolo Montero, the former Juventus defender is another figure who is not on chief executive Martin Bain’s shortlist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-14, 10:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:HARRY REDKNAPP is not currently being considered for the managerial vacancy at Sunderland despite weekend reports linking the former Tottenham and West Ham boss with the role.
And while the South American media have claimed Sunderland have made an approach to Uruguayan Paolo Montero, the former Juventus defender is another figure who is not on chief executive Martin Bain’s shortlist.

THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK
Thank God for that Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-11-14, 10:36 pm

THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK
[/quote]

Hieronymus wrote:
Thank God for that Very Happy

Your most welcome....Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-14, 11:16 pm

It looks as if the media does not have a clue.. Unfortunately what I suspect neither has Bane.. .as his hands are tied cos no new player is forthcoming 

This could rumble on for a while yet

If Shorty has sold his London house for £60m he could use the proceeds for new players... the debt will not rise
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-15, 5:21 am

Well it may surprise everyone to know that my temporary slip into the world of despair is over, smile back on face and expect an announcement very soon.

Oh and 3 points on Saturday.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum