SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Have to say, he does have a point

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have to say, he does have a point

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 10:16 am

I wouldn't want to be Sunderland player with their 'toxic' fans, says Bolton star  

ROSS GREGORY Email Published: 08:21 Thursday 02 November 2017 

Bolton Wanderers midfielder Karl Henry says he wouldn't want to play for Sunderland because of the home fans. Henry scored Bolton's third goal on Tuesday night as the Championship's bottom side earned a 3-3 draw at the Stadium of Light. The result led to the sacking of Black Cats boss Simon Grayson just minutes after the final whistle as Sunderland equalled an English record of 19 home games without a win. 

And Henry, who has also played for Wolves, says the 'toxic atmosphere' created by fans at the Stadium of Light is partly to blame. “Every time I go to Sunderland think the same thing – it’s a toxic atmosphere for the home team,” he told The Bolton News. “I wouldn’t want to be a player here with those fans. "Obviously they have got high expectations, and there are a lot of clubs who feel they should be in the Premier League, but unfortunately only 20 teams can. The league tables don’t lie. “It’s an atmosphere that doesn’t help the home team and it’s something we say as the visitors to try and use against them. You can get fans on their back.” 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Have to say, he does have a point

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-02, 3:33 pm

Yeah yeah, and Bolton Wanderers would be ecstatic if they had third highest average attendance in the Championship, 27,746. Instead they have the 17th highest at 16,124.

Hate to see well paid players criticising their own or other clubs fans, in fact they should really just keep their mouths shut as it always comes back to bite them at some point!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-11-02, 3:34 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Yeah yeah, and Bolton Wanderers would be ecstatic if they had third highest average attendance in the Championship, 27,746. Instead they have the 17th highest at 16,124.

Hate to see well paid players criticising their own or other clubs fans, in fact they should really just keep their mouths shut as it always comes back to bite them at some point!
Scraping the barrell there H

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-02, 3:38 pm

vinkel wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Yeah yeah, and Bolton Wanderers would be ecstatic if they had third highest average attendance in the Championship, 27,746. Instead they have the 17th highest at 16,124.

Lol! Well I was going to post about supporters attending the SOL are the ones creating the toxic atmosphere (as opposed to those of us who have just got too fed up to go any more) but decided that was too inflammatory! Twisted Evil
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 3:43 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:

Lol! Well I was going to post about supporters attending the SOL are the ones creating the toxic atmosphere (as opposed to those of us who have just got too fed up to go any more) but decided that was too inflammatory! Twisted Evil
Not inflammatory at all and take it from one who does go right now you can feel it all around and a small but growing number of supporters who attend are just waiting for a mistake then they jump on a players back.

I certainly found the atmosphere on Tuesday very toxic and at times unpleasant.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-02, 3:46 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I'll say it for you.
The bloke doesn't have a point at all.
The East stand is a dead pool where singing & chanting are frowned upon.
Try to get something going & you get told to 'shut the f*ck up.'
It's the same up a height, shite.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 3:52 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I'll say it for you.
Did you not think the atmosphere was toxic on Tuesday Billy?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-02, 3:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I'll say it for you.
Well I just saw the highlights but aye, I suppose you are right.
With good reason though.
People are f*cked off with it Syd.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 4:19 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:

I'll say it for you.
Well I just saw the highlights but aye, I suppose you are right.
With good reason though.
People are f*cked off with it Syd.
We all are but I fail to see how having a go at the players during a game helps and that's the point of the post

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-02, 5:51 pm

I certainly slag some players off on this forum... yes I mean Roswell... but when he was on the pitch wearing the shirt I was mute (Although he was useless)

At the start of the season, Ovideo was injured and some young lad was drafted in... He was truly dreadful and for his own mental well being he had to stop playing. I never shouted at him either 

I was not there Tuesday but I remember the Bruce get out of our club night... yes the ground can get pissed off and frankly with what we have had to put up with the past few seasons..  it is understandable ... However I doubt it helps the players on the pitch
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-02, 6:07 pm

The thing is that the fans are getting p@@@@d off with the seriously well paid players not giving their all and putting a shift in that's what creates the atmosphere, I'm sure if the fans could see the players giving their all they would be a different atmosphere
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-02, 6:10 pm

Never have and never would yell abuse at players. It helps no one except the opposition as the lad in the OP points out.

But it is understandable for the crowd to get 'restless' if they see players are not giving their all. Most people are fair and will forgive a player that is simply not good enough, but who puts in 100% effort. It is the ones swanning around, not tracking back, not tackling, not jumping for headers, not marking up etc etc. that make people angry. But even so I would never boo any players during a game, even if I call them all sorts on here!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-02, 6:11 pm

paddocklad wrote:The thing is that the fans are getting p@@@@d off with the seriously well paid players not giving their all and putting a shift in that's what creates the atmosphere, I'm sure if the fans could see the players giving their all they would be a different atmosphere
Great minds think alike eh paddocklad Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-02, 6:55 pm

The phenomenon isn't unique to the Stadium of Light.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-03, 9:02 am

It was toxic last season with 40+ thousand at the SOL it is still toxic with the 25 or so thousand who stuck with it so maybe it is those fans that are the toxic element and not the ones who decided enough was enough? This bloke has probably played 3/4 times at SOL in the last 7/8 seasons so no doubt an expert on our fans.
As ever it’s the fans fault that the owner is a tight wad, the managers are terrible and the players are for the most useless no doubt the weather will be our fault next.
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 9:46 am

talcnturnip wrote:It was toxic last season with 40+ thousand at the SOL it is still toxic with the 25 or so thousand who stuck with it so maybe it is those fans that are the toxic element and not the ones who decided enough was enough? This bloke has probably played 3/4 times at SOL in the last 7/8 seasons so no doubt an expert on our fans.
As ever it’s the fans fault that the owner is a tight wad, the managers are terrible and the players are for the most useless no doubt the weather will be our fault next.
Its not those who still go who are to blame just a small but very vocal minority and and IMO they do not help one bit.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-03, 9:59 am

According to this expert it is those who still go mate. Maybe he just based his opinion on that one game?
Guessing if we had won( stop laughing) there would not be anything from him at all.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-03, 10:23 am

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:It was toxic last season with 40+ thousand at the SOL it is still toxic with the 25 or so thousand who stuck with it so maybe it is those fans that are the toxic element and not the ones who decided enough was enough? This bloke has probably played 3/4 times at SOL in the last 7/8 seasons so no doubt an expert on our fans.
Its not those who still go who are to blame just a small but very vocal minority and and IMO they do not help one bit.

Maybe the majority should become more vocal?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-11-03, 11:56 am

Excuse the language but he’s talking absolute shite.  Every team in the land has boo boys,  I’ve still got an arsehole two rows behind me that just moans constantly even if we are three nil up.

I’m not saying you’re great fans because I’m a guest on your forum, I’m a guest on your forum because you are.  So there!!
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-03, 12:32 pm

At least the players aren't scrapping with the supporters before kickoff! Naughty boy Mr Evra.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 1:20 pm

I can only repeat that I was there on Tuesday evening, the atmosphere was toxic and I was quite embarrassed by the actions and attitudes of some of our so called fans.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-03, 1:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I can only repeat that I was there on Tuesday evening, the atmosphere was toxic and I was quite embarrassed by the actions and attitudes of some of our so called fans.
Put Maldon salt on your dinner mate.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 1:29 pm

How the hell did that happen? Sunderland AFC - yes that Sunderland AFC - have won an award for fan engagement. April Fool or gloriously deserved gong?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How the hell did that happen? Sunderland AFC - yes that Sunderland AFC - have won an award for fan engagement. April Fool or gloriously deserved gong?
ROKERREPORT.SBNATION.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-11-03, 1:31 pm

Sorry but we have the right to be pissed off and gob off,the players should know that when they give there all the crowd will get behind them,the ground erupted when we took the lead all be it for less than five minutes,surely these so called professional footballers felt that the other night and should of kicked on instead they froze like little bunnies in car head lights,poor little bunnies.
These footballers feeling sorry for themselves and taking the water deserve no sympathy.
And for the record I don't give the players shit if they don't give there all,we band of merry men in the south east corner have never talked so much about how mild the weather is and about family etc during a game,that tells you how interesting our games are.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 1:40 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Sorry but we have the right to be pissed off and gob off,the players should know that when they give there all the crowd will get behind them,the ground erupted when we took the lead all be it for less than five minutes,surely these so called professional footballers felt that the other night and should of kicked on instead they froze like little bunnies in car head lights,poor little bunnies.
These footballers feeling sorry for themselves and taking the water deserve no sympathy.
And for the record I don't give the players shit if they don't give there all,we band of merry men in the south east corner have never talked so much about how mild the weather is and about family etc during a game,that tells you how interesting our games are.
we all get pissed off but to start you are not fit to wear the shirt so early in the game helps not one jot, IMO

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: