SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

» Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job
Yesterday at 3:25 pm by talcnturnip

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

talcnturnip, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-06, 2:11 pm

Roker Report writers favour Paul Hurst overall. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Kipper on 2017-11-06, 3:53 pm

Latest link (Echo):

Chief executive Martin Bain is leading the search for a new manager and the club is understood to favour an experienced boss - but Luton Town manager Nathan Jones is the latest name linked with the job. Highly-rated Jones, 44, is enjoying a successful season at League Two Luton with the Hatters third, just two points off top spot. The Echo understands there has been interest in ambitious Jones from other clubs over the past 12-months, which led Luton to tie him down to a long-term deal.Jones played for Southend United, Brighton & Hove Albion and Yeovil Town during his playing days and worked as first team coach and assistant manager at Brighton under Chris Hughton before landing the Luton job in January 2016.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 612
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-06, 4:02 pm

My concern is experience and I cant help feeling WHU have the right idea, bring in an experienced manage until the end of the season with one goal, mid table.

No I'm not saying bring Moyes back but a Peter Reid, Nigel Pearson type would be my choice.
Grayson came with an excellent record.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-06, 4:32 pm

'Phil Neville rejected job on coaching staff at West Ham with Moyes as he is keen on Sunderland job'. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Phil Neville is in the frame for the Sunderland manager's job after rejecting a reunion with David Moyes at West Ham, sources have told ESPN FC.
ESPNFC.COM

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-06, 4:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:'Phil Neville rejected job on coaching staff at West Ham with Moyes as he is keen on Sunderland job'. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[ltr]#SAFC[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Phil Neville is in the frame for the Sunderland manager's job after rejecting a reunion with David Moyes at West Ham, sources have told ESPN FC.
ESPNFC.COM

Wow! I bet you can't wait!  Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13489
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 69
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-06, 5:05 pm

I know a different league entirely but Ally McCoist managerial record at Rangers was not too bad!

1 June 2011 - 21 December 2014  P 164, W 119, D 22, L 23 Win % 72.56

And don't forget Rangers went into administration in February 2012 and all their players left. He still managed that record plus consecutive promotions and a completely unbeaten league season in 2013-14. He resigned in 2014 due to some monkey business with the finances as we know.

Anyway if he wanted the job I would be happy to see him here and would be prepared to give him a chance. At least he has some spirit and life about him.

(I still have his autograph that I got when he sat next to us at Gary Bennetts testimonial Very Happy)
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8555
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-06, 5:10 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I know a different league entirely but Ally McCoist managerial record at Rangers was not too bad!

1 June 2011 - 21 December 2014  P 164, W 119, D 22, L 23 Win % 72.56

And don't forget Rangers went into administration in February 2012 and all their players left. He still managed that record plus consecutive promotions and a completely unbeaten league season in 2013-14. He resigned in 2014 due to some monkey business with the finances as we know.

Anyway if he wanted the job I would be happy to see him here and would be prepared to give him a chance. At least he has some spirit and life about him.

(I still have his autograph that I got when he sat next to us at Gary Bennetts testimonial Very Happy)
And still go's to Sunderland games.
Married a lass from there too I think.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-06, 5:11 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I know a different league entirely but Ally McCoist managerial record at Rangers was not too bad!

1 June 2011 - 21 December 2014  P 164, W 119, D 22, L 23 Win % 72.56

And don't forget Rangers went into administration in February 2012 and all their players left. He still managed that record plus consecutive promotions and a completely unbeaten league season in 2013-14. He resigned in 2014 due to some monkey business with the finances as we know.

Anyway if he wanted the job I would be happy to see him here and would be prepared to give him a chance. At least he has some spirit and life about him.

(I still have his autograph that I got when he sat next to us at Gary Bennetts testimonial Very Happy)
And still go's to Sunderland games.
Married a lass from there too I think.
He did, but believe they are now divorced.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8555
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-06, 5:57 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I know a different league entirely but Ally McCoist managerial record at Rangers was not too bad!

1 June 2011 - 21 December 2014  P 164, W 119, D 22, L 23 Win % 72.56

And don't forget Rangers went into administration in February 2012 and all their players left. He still managed that record plus consecutive promotions and a completely unbeaten league season in 2013-14. He resigned in 2014 due to some monkey business with the finances as we know.

Anyway if he wanted the job I would be happy to see him here and would be prepared to give him a chance. At least he has some spirit and life about him.

(I still have his autograph that I got when he sat next to us at Gary Bennetts testimonial Very Happy)
And still go's to Sunderland games.
Married a lass from there too I think.
He did, but believe they are now divorced.
Season ticket holder and if what we read is true can be a naughty boy

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-11-06, 6:01 pm

He may bring Gazza in as his adviser.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3607
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: There's one manager that wants the role anyway

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum