SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, Hieronymus, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem, Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The dream becomes a nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The dream becomes a nightmare

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-01, 6:07 pm

It barely seems more than a few months ago that we dreamt of the better times ahead, premiership stability and maybe even a bright future.

The time when after so many false dawns, broken dreams and indeed broken promises we at last had the right man in the right job, Sam Allardyce had not only saved us once again from relegation but he had done it with a swagger, who can forget that lap of honour and his pretend fight with a fan.

Before Sam we had faint promises of a future along with high moments in bleak times, Bruce and his 7th place, it was 7th or have I got that wrong?
Di Canio and his knee slide, Poyet and our day at Wembley, Dick and his promising looking future and of course two giants of British football in O'Neill and Moyes, two of the most sought after managers in the game and two of our biggest flops. Reputations are not made at Sunderland they are broken.

But Sam was different he fit like a glove but he would leave us for the job of his dreams, worked out well for us all that did.

Sitting here on this cold November evening, the day after our latest setback that saw our latest manager packed off with no doubt the obligatory million plus to ease his disappointment that better future seems a milion miles away.

The official attendance last night was again over 26,000 but even that masks the truth, it includes season card holders who gave up weeks ago and away fans who love coming knowing that even if they support the rock bottom club they can be assured of at least a point.

Grayson was sacked because the club insist we need change, today our caretaker managers were named, you will know them because both sat next to Grayson last night, faint hope of change there.

Our owner has left the building and last night the rumour spread, the Germans were here ready to buy, excitement abounded even though none of us had any idea who these Germans were we just knew they were not Short.

A few short weeks ago we were a newly relegated club with a transfer window ahead and some cash to spend even though we didn't realise how little cash.

It seems Warnock turned us down, an unknown Scotsman said he would come, got the improved contract he was after and stayed were he was. Only one man was willing to come and we sacked him last night because he failed.

We are now a struggling Championship club, third off bottom of the league with a window a few weeks away, no  money to spend, a owner only available by email and a crowd that has been cut in half so who will our new manager be and will he inspire us?

My glass is always half full but right now, sitting here in Coxhoe I struggle to find a happy ending.

Players on loan will eventually go home, Grayson will bank his million plus the get another job, players who want out will get their way and even those who dont will cry into their expensive champagne from their crystal glasses in their expensive mansions. Even Jack Rodwell will smile, we fans have managed to get him dropped from the match day squad, well we fans and his inept displays so now he picks up his 70k a week for training.

But what about you and me?

Billy tells us he does not give a shit and indeed enjoys his Sunday morning beer having a laugh at us and that's fine but what about you and me.

What about Sunderpitt who did not go last night, not because he no longer cares but because he does care and is hurting right now.

With respect to the Billies who have given up they are not my concern but the Sunderpitt's should be the clubs concern because fans like Sunders are the bedrock of the club, lose them and you are beginning to lose the clubs soul and beating heart.

Short may no longer care but we certainly should because the coming weeks and months will either see a future appear or a unstoppable decline continue.

The scary thing is the future is in the hands of Short and Bain and so far neither have given us reason for confidence.

Keep the faith, what f*cking faith.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The dream becomes a nightmare

Post  canary-dave on 2017-11-01, 6:20 pm

Some Norwich fans are getting suicidal because we have lost two home games on the bounce, all I can say is thank God they're not Mackems, then they would really know what despair feels like.

To all my Mackem friends, I truly feel for you all and hope this is the darkest hour and dawn is just around the corner!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-01, 7:05 pm

cyprussyd wrote:It barely seems more than a few months ago that we dreamt of the better times ahead, premiership stability and maybe even a bright future.

The time when after so many false dawns, broken dreams and indeed broken promises we at last had the right man in the right job, Sam Allardyce had not only saved us once again from relegation but he had done it with a swagger, who can forget that lap of honour and his pretend fight with a fan.

Before Sam we had faint promises of a future along with high moments in bleak times, Bruce and his 7th place, it was 7th or have I got that wrong?
Di Canio and his knee slide, Poyet and our day at Wembley, Dick and his promising looking future and of course two giants of British football in O'Neill and Moyes, two of the most sought after managers in the game and two of our biggest flops. Reputations are not made at Sunderland they are broken.

But Sam was different he fit like a glove but he would leave us for the job of his dreams, worked out well for us all that did.

Sitting here on this cold November evening, the day after our latest setback that saw our latest manager packed off with no doubt the obligatory million plus to ease his disappointment that better future seems a milion miles away.

The official attendance last night was again over 26,000 but even that masks the truth, it includes season card holders who gave up weeks ago and away fans who love coming knowing that even if they support the rock bottom club they can be assured of at least a point.

Grayson was sacked because the club insist we need change, today our caretaker managers were named, you will know them because both sat next to Grayson last night, faint hope of change there.

Our owner has left the building and last night the rumour spread, the Germans were here ready to buy, excitement abounded even though none of us had any idea who these Germans were we just knew they were not Short.

A few short weeks ago we were a newly relegated club with a transfer window ahead and some cash to spend even though we didn't realise how little cash.

It seems Warnock turned us down, an unknown Scotsman said he would come, got the improved contract he was after and stayed were he was. Only one man was willing to come and we sacked him last night because he failed.

We are now a struggling Championship club, third off bottom of the league with a window a few weeks away, no  money to spend, a owner only available by email and a crowd that has been cut in half so who will our new manager be and will he inspire us?

My glass is always half full but right now, sitting here in Coxhoe I struggle to find a happy ending.

Players on loan will eventually go home, Grayson will bank his million plus the get another job, players who want out will get their way and even those who dont will cry into their expensive champagne from their crystal glasses in their expensive mansions. Even Jack Rodwell will smile, we fans have managed to get him dropped from the match day squad, well we fans and his inept displays so now he picks up his 70k a week for training.

Billy tells us he does not give a shit and indeed enjoys his Sunday morning beer having a laugh at us and that's fine but what about you and me.

What about Sunderpitt who did not go last night, not because he no longer cares but because he does care and is hurting right now.

With respect to the Billies who have given up they are not my concern but the Sunderpitt's should be the clubs concern because fans like Sunders are the bedrock of the club, lose them and you are beginning to lose the clubs soul and beating heart.

Short may no longer care but we certainly should because the coming weeks and months will either see a future appear or a unstoppable decline continue.

The scary thing is the future is in the hands of Short and Bain and so far neither have given us reason for confidence.

I was never really a regular anyhow once I turned 18.
Worked away too much.
Was ok when I was in Catterick but when they sent me to Aldershot well that was that.
I passed caring a long time ago. I don't give a toss anymore.
I have more to worry about than that lot of arseholes.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-01, 8:43 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:It barely seems more than a few months ago that we dreamt of the better times ahead, premiership stability and maybe even a bright future.

Worked away too much.
Was ok when I was in Catterick but when they sent me to Aldershot well that was that.
And that is basically what I said but it's me,Sunders and Jerry I care about and that's the point of the post

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-01, 8:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:

Worked away too much.
And that is basically what I said but it's me,Sunders and Jerry I care about and that's the point of the post
Righto.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-01, 8:51 pm

Well my season ticket seat was empty last night. 

Attendance figures should be those through the turnstiles.

Good summary Syd... We need a new owner asap otherwise we are sunk. Or Short to give some spending power to the incoming manager
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-11-01, 9:05 pm

To be honest short has to take the majority of the blame for the mess we're in, it's been his appointment s his descisions that have brought about the debt, he has the means to pay of the debt and bad wood get us starting on a level footing not behind the 8 ball, pay the debt of invest a bit to get a good manager and players in which surely then makes us a more saleable proposition it hardly going to make much of a dent in his 5.6 billion fortune especially when he own a house equivalent to the debt, and I'm sure a man of his alleged intelligence could find away to right of his losses against tax????????? Or am I just in cookoo land
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-01, 9:09 pm

paddocklad wrote:To be honest short has to take the majority of the blame for the mess we're in, it's been his appointment s his descisions that have brought about the debt, he has the means to pay of the debt and bad wood get us starting on a level footing not behind the 8 ball, pay the debt of invest a bit to get a good manager and players in which surely then makes us a more saleable proposition it hardly going to make much of a dent in his 5.6 billion fortune especially when he own a house equivalent to the debt, and I'm sure a man of his alleged intelligence could find away to right of his losses against tax????????? Or am I just in cookoo land
iT SEEMS SO AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THERE

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrapinic on 2017-11-01, 11:51 pm

Basically it’s been becoming a drudge going to games for a while,joked with the jinx when we got to the turnstiles that I had forgotten to bring the season cards,don’t think either of us would have been arsed if that had been the case
Terrapinic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-02, 6:44 am

As the song goes people things can only get better.
Fingers crossed.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-11-02, 7:46 am

Terrapinic wrote:Basically it’s been becoming a drudge going to games for a while,joked with the jinx when we got to the turnstiles that I had forgotten to bring the season cards,don’t think either of us would have been arsed if that had been the case
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 7:52 am

Terrapinic wrote:Basically it’s been becoming a drudge going to games for a while,joked with the jinx when we got to the turnstiles that I had forgotten to bring the season cards,don’t think either of us would have been arsed if that had been the case
Things must be bad when you post  Mad

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum