SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, Hieronymus, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem, Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Does it really matter who replaces Grayson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does it really matter who replaces Grayson

Post  vinkel on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:02 am

Until Short is gone.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Does it really matter who replaces Grayson

Post  Billy D on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 am

No.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 am

God couldnt do nowt with that pile of shite.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 am

Until Short is gone not a jot of difference add to that the players who have downed tools or in Rodwells case not even got the lock off his toolbox and any manager will struggle. The much needed clear out we all hoped for didn’t clear out the bad apples in fact barring Larsson it cleared out decent players. Would those players have made a difference is anyone’s guess.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 am

vinkel wrote:Until Short is gone.

Fair point... with the state if the squad  a crucial issue is any funds for rebuilding available... umfortunately I suspect the answer is no 

So any good manager knowing there is no money will not come... hence we got Grayman poor bloke.. He could not make a silks purse out of a sows ear
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 am

Which decent manager with any reputation is not going to come while short still owns the club, his game of Russian roulette with the club ain't helping
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:48 am

Probably anyone mate as they know it’s a 6 month job the sack and a nice little pay off they then move on to the next job.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

I'm pleased to say that I have a very different view.  I  can see the basis of a squad that can make mid table and certainly not the shower of Shiite that others, most of who don't go to games so have no idea of how good or bad we are.

A change in selection  some organisation and belief is needed.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:I'm pleased to say that I have a very different view.  I  can see the basis of a squad that can make mid table and certainly not the shower of Shiite that others, most of who don't go to games so have no idea of how good or bad we are.

Have you tried Maldon salt on your dinner?
It's very nice. Along with freshly ground black peppercorns.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:I'm pleased to say that I have a very different view.  I  can see the basis of a squad that can make mid table and certainly not the shower of Shiite that others, most of who don't go to games so have no idea of how good or bad we are.

I have missed 2 home games, Tuesday deliberately and one other when I took the grandkids on holiday.

So IMHO we have at best 4 decent players, Watmore, Mcgready Grabbon is starting to show okay  and Ovideo is showing promise6

Some of the returnees might prove good but it is too early to say.
We have an awful defence, Catts who I thought would be great in this division has gone backwards  (N'Dong great pass last night) but runs around lots usually to no effect
 Gibson crap

Even you Syd has to put his hand up and agree with a former full Back's assessment last night on Sky... If you bring in average players you have to expect average results.

I just hope this takeover does happen and they bring in much needed quality players
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 am

sunderpitt wrote:

I have missed 2 home games, Tuesday deliberately and one other when I took the grandkids on holiday.

So IMHO we have at best 4 decent players, Watmore, Mcgready Grabbon is starting to show okay  and Ovideo is showing promise6

Some of the returnees might prove good but it is too early to say.
We have an awful defence, Catts who I thought would be great in this division has gone backwards  (N'Dong great pass last night) but runs around lots usually to no effect
 Gibson crap

Even you Syd has to put his hand up and agree with a former full Back's assessment last night on Sky... If you bring in average players you have to expect average results.

I just hope this takeover does happen and they bring in much needed quality players
Do you mean Michael Chip on his shoulder Gray.Did not say good players but certainly good enough for mid table

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

I can understand your annoyance and frustration at my and others remarks. I can also see that our squad on paper is not a bottom half squad. I was one of not many that were pleased with Grayson appointment, but for whatever reason it has not worked out for him or us (shit happens ). In the past Short has backed his managers, he now it seems has had enough of throwing away money, and said that's it no more. So whoever takes charge now whether it be permanent or temporary is tied financial wise.
There will be people out there who will jump at the chance, but will they be the right people. IMHO there will be no real improvement until Short sells up.
And that is not only my opinion but also people I know who follow safc home and away feel the same

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:46 am

vinkel wrote:Until Short is gone.
No it doesn’t matter who we get 
I said:tc1234: we should play with no manager until short has gone
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 am

Word on the street is it's gonna be John O'Shite.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Billy D wrote:Word on the street is it's gonna be John O'Shite.
Well he can’t be any o;shiter 
Than we’ve had tc1
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:41 pm

vinkel wrote:

I can understand your annoyance and frustration at my and others remarks. I can also see that our squad on paper is not a bottom half squad. I was one of not many that were pleased with Grayson appointment, but for whatever reason it has not worked out for him or us (shit happens ). In the past Short has backed his managers, he now it seems has had enough of throwing away money, and said that's it no more. So whoever takes charge now whether it be permanent or temporary is tied financial wise.
There will be people out there who will jump at the chance, but will they be the right people. IMHO there will be no real improvement until Short sells up.
And that is not only my opinion but also people I know who follow safc home and away feel the same
How could I ever be annoyed with a gentleman like your goodself sir.

I think we can all agree that the removal of Short is the only real answer and we can only hope it happens sooner rather than later.

My only reason for pointing out that not everyone sees the game live is that IMO watching live gives a different perspective to radio or highlights. I also accept that many who do watch live think our squad is shite and that's fine, I just dont agree.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum