SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

» Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job
Yesterday at 3:25 pm by talcnturnip

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, talcnturnip, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

MIDDLESBROUGH V SUNDERLAND Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MIDDLESBROUGH V SUNDERLAND Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-01, 6:13 am

MIDDLESBROUGH V SUNDERLAND
Sun 05 Nov
KO 12.15

Riverside Stadium
Live on Sky Sports Football

I'm sure that even the eternal optimist's like me face this fixture with some dread, however, will we have a new manager by then?
Will the new manager bounce kick in and can we surprise even ourselves.
Against Bolton I saw a team that can win again, it needs a few tweaks, maybe a different formation and above all some organisation and belief.
Ghat's what a new manager should bring so who knows, never a dull moment.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MIDDLESBROUGH V SUNDERLAND Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-01, 9:12 pm

Well we now know the management team for this game but what changes if any will they make?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-02, 7:36 am

Think they’ll be very limited changes mate away game so probably ultra defensive and hope to get Grabban on the end of a couple of upfield hoofs.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 7:41 am

Well now who would bet against a good performance and win then we will all shout and why could they not do that under Grayson.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-02, 8:17 am

It’s what we do though isn’t it? couple of good results then start flagging again.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-02, 10:11 am

Well despite the turmoil within our club I still find myself looking forward to Sunday and midday with Sky.

With Grayson gone it just adds to the interest and intrigue for me.

I am an avid fan of two soaps, Emmerdale and Corrie and find Sunderland are competing well in the soap drama stakes, why am I like this, honest its a serious question I ask myself. I see all around me the hurt, anguish, anger and pain but for some reason I feel none of this, maybe I dont care enough after all, I have no idea.

I do know that I hate international breaks and can't wait for our next home game but I honestly cant explain why.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 8:15 am

With Bolton playing an out of form Norwich on Saturday there is every possibility we go into Sunday's game rock bottom and of course that takes us into the international break in the worst possible position, welcome to our new manager whoever you are.

Surely even Short must realise that whoever comes in will need help in January with some cash to reinforce but does anyone have any confidence it will happen?

I still believe we have a squad who can lift us from trouble but reinforcements are needed and the first question for any potential manager must be how much, the second will be how do I know I can trust you to deliver?

Still you never know, we may beat the smoggies.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-03, 8:55 am

If we do beat them then I’ve a feeling Stockdale and co will be in charge for the next 3/4 games after the break.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 3:00 pm

@Phil__Smith 
Vaughan a doubt. Browning out. Maja 'a fair bit away' says Stockdale

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-03, 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-04, 8:29 am

Well I just cant help myself, manager search, Short speaks all good stuff but nothing takes away from match day approaching and watching us live on Sky.

In a way our dreadful form makes it easier to watch, no high expectations or even low ones but still lot's of interest.

Will our stand in management team make many changes?
Will the players respond and five us a decent show?

We can score but will we be able to defend, if we can't it could be a cricket score.

Of course this game could bring us more problems, a good win for us will allow Short to give the argument we dont need to spend much in January after all.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-04, 8:29 am

If Boro get an early goal I can see us getting hammered 5 or 6 - 0

I am hoping and praying a miracle occurs and we can sneak a win although I would take a point now.

Having said that I dont accept the fact Grayson was the problem Somebody else over there is controlling things so I dont expect any change in our fortunes. Or maybe I am being cynical and we are just absolutely crap.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-11-04, 8:32 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I just cant help myself, manager search, Short speaks all good stuff but nothing takes away from match day approaching and watching us live on Sky.

In a way our dreadful form makes it easier to watch, no high expectations or even low ones but still lot's of interest.

We can score but will we be able to defend, if we can't it could be a cricket score.

Of course this game could bring us more problems, a good win for us will allow Short to give the argument we dont need to spend much in January after all.

I think I shall be watching Man C v Arsenal. I really struggle to watch us on TV as I am sick of being disappointed. If twitter states we are 3-0 up with 2 minutes to go I may just flick channels and watch the end.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-04, 8:40 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well I just cant help myself, manager search, Short speaks all good stuff but nothing takes away from match day approaching and watching us live on Sky.

I think I shall be watching Man C v Arsenal. I really struggle to watch us on TV as I am sick of being disappointed. If twitter states we are 3-0 up with 2 minutes to go I may just flick channels and watch the end.
Maybe senility is setting in but I cant wait for the game.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-04, 12:34 pm

gil t azell wrote:

We are on first Gil, Sky Sports at 12:15. Man City vs Arsenal is at 14:15 (and Chelsea vs Man Utd at 16:30). So no excuses now Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-04, 6:00 pm

Well today's result drop us to the bottom of the table but at the same time don't change things, we need to win.

That said I think we will be set up not to lose.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-04, 6:08 pm

The way results have gone has done Boro no favours either so they could be going for it from the off not looking forward to this one 0-0 thriller or a right good hiding.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 8:28 am

Despite the change in management I don't see any real changes so my guess is..

RUITER
MATHEWS  KONE  OSHEA  OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
WATMORE  WILLIAMS  MCGREADY
GRABBAN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-11-05, 8:36 am

We have to go for it mate so leave out either Catts or Ndong and put on a striker, Ruitter has to start unless injured ( the only reason why he isn’t ahead of Steele for me). We literally have nothing to lose as the gap is now starting to open up between the bottom four and the rest.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 8:37 am

Whatever the outcome there will be no pain from the Coxhoe contingent. The club opened at 7 this morning to provide bacon and sausage sarnies along with a choice of alcoholic beverages.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-11-05, 8:57 am

The table sure makes for depressing reading.

Lets hope for a result today... it would be a most unexpected pleasure... you just never know
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 9:28 am

sunderpitt wrote:The table sure makes for depressing reading.

Lets hope for a result today... it would be a most unexpected pleasure... you just never know
We are crap and Boro are in great form
We are away from home
We dont have a manager
Boro have a good manager
We have spent little
Boro have spent loads

A win for us it is then

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-11-05, 9:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:The table sure makes for depressing reading.

We are crap and Boro are in great form
We are away from home
We dont have a manager
Boro have a good manager
We have spent little
Boro have spent loads

A win for us it is then
The weird thing is you could be right.  We are Sunderland and predictable only in our unpredictability! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-11-05, 10:52 am

cyprussyd wrote:Despite the change in management I don't see any real changes so my guess is..

RUITER
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
GRABBAN
I think McNair may start
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-11-05, 11:05 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Despite the change in management I don't see any real changes so my guess is..

RUITER
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
GRABBAN
I think McNair may start
you could be right

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: