SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Bolton-Matchday Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunderland v Bolton-Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-30, 10:34 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Not a game for the football purist or those of a nervous disposition.
As our resident supreme optimist, give us your prediction of the result, head not heart.
There is so much at stake for both sides that nerves will be on show on and off the field.

Despite all the negative views I have seen a team good enough to climb the table, can we do it under Grayson, not sure.

My hope is we replace Jones with Mathews and Steele with Ruiter but I don't think that will happen. I prefer Honeyman to Williams right now and again not sure that will happen.

All that said we simply must win and I think we will.

I will add one more thing, if ever we needed a full stadium and the fans to get behind the team it's tomorrow, sadly it won't happen and that I just don't understand.
Really? It's not hard. If people are going to spend their hard earned cash they want to be entertained. You may enjoy your day out whatever you see but many others will come away from the stadium depressed and it spoiling the rest of the weekend. Why pay money for that when there are pleasures to be had elsewhere?
I dont enjoy the day now and leave the stadium disappointed like everyone else but I am a Sunderland supporter so have to try and support. I can understand many games being missed yes but tomorrow night is a big game and one that needs our support and yes for me it is hard to understand. I would ask why any of those stay away supporters ever attended because there have been far more bad days than good.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-10-30, 11:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Not a game for the football purist or those of a nervous disposition.
As our resident supreme optimist, give us your prediction of the result, head not heart.
There is so much at stake for both sides that nerves will be on show on and off the field.

Despite all the negative views I have seen a team good enough to climb the table, can we do it under Grayson, not sure.

My hope is we replace Jones with Mathews and Steele with Ruiter but I don't think that will happen. I prefer Honeyman to Williams right now and again not sure that will happen.

I will add one more thing, if ever we needed a full stadium and the fans to get behind the team it's tomorrow, sadly it won't happen and that I just don't understand.
Really? It's not hard. If people are going to spend their hard earned cash they want to be entertained. You may enjoy your day out whatever you see but many others will come away from the stadium depressed and it spoiling the rest of the weekend. Why pay money for that when there are pleasures to be had elsewhere?
I dont enjoy the day now and leave the stadium disappointed like everyone else but I am a Sunderland supporter so have to try and support. I can understand many games being missed yes but tomorrow night is a big game and one that needs our support and yes for me it is hard to understand. I would ask why any of those stay away supporters ever attended because there have been far more bad days than good.
My personal footballing reasons for staying away have built slowly over a number of seasons. I said a while back I would not return as long as Short was in charge. Short is now past caring about us, and we the fans can't do anything about that. Bain is on a mission to streamline the club, again we can do nothing. Grayson seems he'll bent on doing things his way, though many of us feel his way is wrong, all we can do about that is voice our opinions. Some do it vocally at games others do it online.
I am passionate about my club and it depresses me to see the way things are going. And I have decided this time to stay away until there are big changes at my club. I will never change my feelings for Sunderland and will keep on here at sundermad, but as a fellow sundermader has said I can find a better way to spend my time than getting depressed.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-30, 11:06 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

My personal footballing reasons for staying away have built slowly over a number of seasons. I said a while back I would not return as long as Short was in charge. Short is now past caring about us, and we the fans can't do anything about that. Bain is on a mission to streamline the club, again we can do nothing. Grayson seems he'll bent on doing things his way, though many of us feel his way is wrong, all we can do about that is voice our opinions. Some do it vocally at games others do it online.
I am passionate about my club and it depresses me to see the way things are going. And I have decided this time to stay away until there are big changes at my club. I will never change my feelings for Sunderland and will keep on here at sundermad, but as a fellow sundermader has said I can find a better way to spend my time than getting depressed.
My sentiments exactly  Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-30, 11:09 am

Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

Sorry folks but right now the club needs us and for me its that simple so no I dont understand. Short and Bain are an irrelevance right now as are the manager and team, if they represent Sunderland they need supporting and I read what you right and it seems you get depressed anyway so why not go and try and make that difference.

Silvers would accuse me of getting annoyed but I'm not, I just honestly don't understand I do however accept that I am now in the minority.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-30, 1:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

Sorry folks but right now the club needs us and for me its that simple so no I dont understand. Short and Bain are an irrelevance right now as are the manager and team, if they represent Sunderland they need supporting and I read what you right and it seems you get depressed anyway so why not go and try and make that difference.

Silvers would accuse me of getting annoyed but I'm not, I just honestly don't understand I do however accept that I am now in the minority.
Not bothered about short Bain or how much we get for selling players or in fact the club 
Short will take it 
The players we have will have to get us out of this predicament 
I support Sunderland I’m not bothered about the owner
Ohh and I would make kone see out his contract and not play him if nessesary 
Until he knuckles down and earns a transfer.
Otherwise rot in the reserves
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-30, 1:41 pm

Listening to Grayman now... he is obviously down... so he should be... no good news, nothing new
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-30, 2:43 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Listening to Grayman now... he is obviously down... so he should be... no good news, nothing new
I can feel you are down from here Sunders and that does annoy and upset me. How on earth does the owner of the club have the right to get good supporters like you down?
I know I'm not telling anyone what they don't already know but supporters like Sunders are the bedrock of our club and when we lose they hurt. I dont expect Short to fully understand because he is not one of us but he should at least try to understand what this football club means to the Sunderpits of this world. He should spend what needs spending to give Sunders the club he deserves but of course he wont.

If you decide to go tomorrow Sunders I may just make my wonky leg make it's way down to your seat and shake your hand.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-30, 6:14 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I think we will be lucky to hit 20,000 for this game

I also see little change to the team..

STEELE
JONES  KONE  OSHEA OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE NDONG
WATMORE WILLIAMS MCGREADY
GRABBAN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-30, 6:18 pm

Larry looks like Daniel Blake, lol.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-30, 6:24 pm

Billy D wrote:Larry looks like Daniel Blake, lol.
Got to say I was very impressed with his news conference today.

Looking forward to a fighting win tomorrow night

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-30, 6:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:Larry looks like Daniel Blake, lol.
Got to say I was very impressed with his news conference today.

Looking forward to a fighting win tomorrow night
Well I hope you're right but as you know, I'm not the most optimistic of men.
Think the worst, owt else is a bonus. I don't mind getting beat as long as we have a go.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-10-31, 7:54 am

team for Bolton....

mika  Ruiter  Steele

Mathews   browning  O'Shea   Oviedo

Watmore  N'Dong  Williams  McGeady  

And I predict a 0-0 draw to us! Very Happy ......you've got to laugh otherwise.... Crying or Very sad
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-31, 8:00 am

oldblackcat wrote:team for Bolton....

mika  Ruiter  Steele

Mathews   browning  O'Shea   Oviedo

Watmore  N'Dong  Williams  McGeady  

And I predict a 0-0 draw to us! Very Happy ......you've got to laugh otherwise.... Crying or Very sad
What no Catts

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-31, 8:37 am

No Catts syd it’s Halloween so he’ll be busy in some broomstick somewhere

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-31, 8:48 am

talcnturnip wrote:No Catts syd it’s Halloween so he’ll be busy in some broomstick somewhere
WITHOUT A MASK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-10-31, 8:52 am

No win tonight and as much as I hate to say it I think it has to be the end for Grayson,if you look at our squad compared to others it's a hell of a lot better so it must be the way we are playing and the way he wants us to play
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-31, 11:46 am

paddocklad wrote:No win tonight and as much as I hate to say it I think it has to be the end for Grayson,if you look at our squad compared to others it's a hell of a lot better so it must be the way we are playing and the way he wants us to play

I agree that Grayman seems to be all of a dither and a bit out of his depth. His comment yesterday, something along the lines of, when he said he doubted anyone could do better than him. Begs the question somewhat.

I disagree that we have a good team. Both keepers are below average... We do not have a decent RB and only one CB (about to get his bus pass) is any good. Catts is having a mare of a season N'Dong just about passes muster. The only two decent players worth their salt atm are Watmore and McGready and two wingers do not make a team

Some players coming back from injury may improve the squad...but the absentee landlord and his sidekick Bane have got us in dire straits...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-31, 4:40 pm

Well thats me off to cheer on the boys with everything crossed. Enjoy your evening

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-10-31, 4:51 pm

Just want to wish you all the best tonight.  And the future.
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-31, 5:18 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Just want to wish you all the best tonight.  And the future.
Thanks. and you! Very Happy

PS Will you remind Pep that thousands of Fantasy Team managers have Aguero in their team, often as captain, and resting him is VERY annoying!!! Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-10-31, 5:36 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:Just want to wish you all the best tonight.  And the future.
Thanks. and you! Very Happy

PS Will you remind Pep that thousands of Fantasy Team managers have Aguero in their team, often as captain, and resting him is VERY annoying!!! Mad
Haha. Well tbh I don’t actually bump into Pep that often, well never really  No

BUT if I ever do I promise that will be the first thing on the agenda. Wink
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-10-31, 7:08 pm

Robbin Ruiter starts between the posts as Jason Steele drops to the bench, with Marc Wilson, Adam Matthews and Callum McManaman also named in the starting XI.
Lamine Kone and Duncan Watmore are on the bench, with Billy Jones not included in the matchday squad. 
The Black Cats’ midfield three remains the same with Darron Gibson, Didier Ndong and Jonny Williams selected, as Lewis Grabban leads the line.
Sunderland: Ruiter, Oviedo, Matthews, Wilson, O’Shea, Gibson, Ndong, Williams, McManaman, McGeady, Grabban.
Substitutes: Steele, McNair, Cattermole, Vaughan, Watmore, Kone, Honeyman.

Alas, no explanation as to why Watmore is on the bench. Two games close together may be too much, but I would have started him for 60 mins!!
Pleased to see Ruiter back, Wilson has to convince me!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-31, 7:24 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Robbin Ruiter starts between the posts as Jason Steele drops to the bench, with Marc Wilson, Adam Matthews and Callum McManaman also named in the starting XI.
Lamine Kone and Duncan Watmore are on the bench, with Billy Jones not included in the matchday squad. 
The Black Cats’ midfield three remains the same with Darron Gibson, Didier Ndong and Jonny Williams selected, as Lewis Grabban leads the line.
Sunderland: Ruiter, Oviedo, Matthews, Wilson, O’Shea, Gibson, Ndong, Williams, McManaman, McGeady, Grabban.
Substitutes: Steele, McNair, Cattermole, Vaughan, Watmore, Kone, Honeyman.

Alas, no explanation as to why Watmore is on the bench. Two games close together may be too much, but I would have started him for 60 mins!!
Pleased to see Ruiter back, Wilson has to convince me!
Last throw of the dice by Grayson I think. Yes, agree Ruiter deserves  his chance, since Steele has looked shaky for weeks. Glad Kone is dropped, but like you Neil, whether Wilson is the answer I don't know. Been saying Matthews for Jones for a while too. I agree Watmore from the bench is probably protecting him since he has just come  back from a serious injury. Well we wanted change and we have got it, so let's see what happens next. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

CHATBOX

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-31, 7:54 pm

I've opened Chatbox at top of home page if anyone wants to chat? Sorry was a few minutes late tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum