SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tottenham have sacked manager Mauricio Pochettino
APAPHY EmptyToday at 2:51 pm by wanderer

» What possibly could go wrong
APAPHY EmptyToday at 2:49 pm by wanderer

» Predictions Week 16
APAPHY EmptyToday at 2:38 pm by barrowmackem

» would be funny
APAPHY EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Coventry City
APAPHY EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by canary-dave

» Political debates
APAPHY EmptyToday at 8:54 am by wanderer

» Cup replay
APAPHY EmptyToday at 8:07 am by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
APAPHY EmptyToday at 6:06 am by Steve30000

» always makes me cry
APAPHY EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by cyprussyd

» What do i do?
APAPHY EmptyYesterday at 7:05 pm by Hieronymus

APAPHY

Go down

APAPHY Empty APAPHY

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-16, 8:59 am

This board is just about dead but its not alone, just looked at 606 and there its posing by Newcastle fans, whats wrong with the board, also dead, is it the forums or is it the club?

Well I think its pretty much the club, the nervous what if, many visit this forum and I'm sure other forums, looking to comment but with nothing to say, is it coincidence that our general chat board is our busiest.

I cant really remember a time like it, in other slumps, maybe slump is the wrong word but you know what I mean, we could shout sack the manager, well love him or not we don't really want to do that.

Sack the board, well again we don't really want to do that.

Sack the players but our regular boo boys, Richardson and Elmo are gone so we struggle there.

Oh how we need a lift, maybe a draw or dare I say it,a win on Sunday followed by a home win next weekend, that should do it, smiles will be back and we can all have a frenzy of posting explaining how,"I always knew it would come good".

Not sure how sayitlikeitis will handle good news mind.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

APAPHY Empty Re: APAPHY

Post  Guest on 2012-11-16, 9:33 am

Strange times indeed. How I would love Richardson right now, someone with a bit of pace and drive in midfield and who would actually try to shoot. (BTW I was never one who slated him and still wish he was with us still)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-16, 9:37 am

I liked Richardson, we all know he suffered because of his versatility but Jol seems to want him in his best position and guess what, it seems to be working.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-16, 9:47 am

For all I liked hint still thought Ricardo was lazy at times. Jimmy Mac seems to be getting it now. I said before the Mags game that I was apathetic towards this season still stands I think its because I see it as a transitional season where I'm not expecting anything no dog fight against delegation yet no push for the top half a kind of settling in season for MON and his team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2012-11-16, 10:55 am

Luckily for us i think richardson done his hamstring against arsenal so he won't be one of those ex players who always scores against us
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-11-16, 3:37 pm

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about the voter turnout in the police commissioner elections..I voted by the way.. As for the apathy on the forums, I feel it is because everyone seems to be holding their collective breaths at present, as we seem to be at a major crossroads as to which way the season will go. alien

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-16, 4:45 pm

What do ya mean mean dead?

I takes time, and the team are shite at present...

But if you wanna have a say on different topics, check out general chat lads.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-17, 12:09 am

"Apathy"

Didn't the Shadows play that ?

APAPHY Orangesmile3

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-17, 5:52 am

silvers wrote:"Apathy"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

you been out drinking again then pint

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-17, 8:26 am

A crisis in April, promotion in May: Steve Walsh watched Martin O’Neill calmly revive Leicester’s fortunes 16 years ago. He tells Neil Cameron why he thinks history could repeat itself on Wearside

THERE wasn’t much laughing and joking to be had at Filbert Street on April Fools’ Day in 1996.

Leicester City’s season was in a tailspin and a sack of letters delivered that day to Martin O’Neill, the relatively recently appointed manager, let him know exactly what the supporters thought of him.

He read some of the correspondence, it was anything but fan mail, and left the majority of letters unopened. He would deal with them later.

Two days before, Leicester had lost 2-0 at home to Sheffield United and slipped out of the play-off places. Morale was rock bottom among the supporters as results showed no sign of improvement.

“Martin is taking over the best squad of players in the First Division,” so said Mark McGhee upon leaving Leicester for Wolves. The Foxes were top of the table and looking good for promotion. What could possibly go wrong?

In a word, everything. By the time Sheffield United had taken three points away from Filbert Street, O’Neill’s record as manager was beneath poor. It read three wins, eight draws and six defeats; all but two of these results came in the league.

The exceptions were a 0-0 draw in the FA Cup against Manchester City, which was followed by a 5-0 defeat in a replay.

By now, O’Neill had 11 games to save the season and his job. It makes his current situation at Sunderland seem like a minor blip. The way he dealt with that crisis should give the Black Cats’ support some much-needed hope that this campaign can be saved.

O’Neill’s captain at Leicester back then was Steve Walsh , who remembers clearly 16 years on from that time just how much pressure his manager was under – and how he literally answered every one of his critics.

Walsh said: “Losing to Sheffield United was the final straw for some of the fans. In fact, it felt like everyone was against him.

“It is funny to look back now because Martin is probably the best manager Leicester ever had, but a lot of supporters wanted him out. They actually protested outside the main stand that Saturday night. It was a desperate time.

“It has gone down in club folklore that he kept every letter – and I do mean every one – that was sent to him in the days after that match. I know for a fact that’s true.

“We went on to win promotion that season and that’s when he replied to every last one of those letters, basically asking the man or woman who wrote in what they thought of him now.

“I would love to know what he said. The criticism got quite personal and yet he dug deep and never stopped believing in the players, which meant we stayed with him. That was the key.”

What happened after that defeat was this; Leicester won seven and drew two of their remaining games. That was enough to see them scrape into a play-off place.

Watford and Stoke were dealt with before a goal from Steve Claridge in the last minute of injury time secured a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace at Wembley.

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2012/11/16/steve-walsh-tells-how-martin-o-neill-could-revive-sunderland-61634-32243336/#ixzz2CSyx19lh

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-11-17, 8:55 am

all fine words of times gone by but we are in the here and now, a good performance on Sunday this week and nothing less than a win at home next week is what is needed in my here and now.

A never ending stream of x players talking of the past or our players telling me of the future will no longer do, performance, results,improvement is what I need to see.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-17, 9:41 am

Think it's all down to our team doing absolutely nothing and the people who can change it doing absolutely nothing. We shout about playing a different system or getting shot of different players those shouts fall on deaf ears. Therefore people are sick (maybe) of wasting there time and breath saying anything hence, the forums take a dive. It won't be long (unless we start winning on a regular basis) before people will start to think that they can do better things with there money than support players who don't give a toss about the club or fans.
If we start to win games then the chat will start up again as it is easier to support a winning team than it is to support a mediocre/poor team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-17, 11:24 am

cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:"Apathy"

APAPHY Orangesmile3

you been out drinking again then APAPHY 2894950442

yep ....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-11-17, 11:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:all fine words of times gone by but we are in the here and now, a good performance on Sunday this week and nothing less than a win at home next week is what is needed in my here and now.

A never ending stream of x players talking of the past or our players telling me of the future will no longer do, performance, results,improvement is what I need to see.

Yes, we're just treading water at the moment...

But I fancy a good performance at Fulham.
Maybe 2 - 2 ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum