SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Today at 8:51 pm by barrowmackem

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Today at 6:40 pm by Vincemac

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Today at 1:56 pm by Vincemac

» rape and death threats
Today at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» Saturday is back
Today at 10:12 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Results Week 9
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Mackemneil

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» BBC are Tory donors
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

them and us

Go down

them and us

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-24, 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: them and us

Post  canary-dave on 2017-10-24, 7:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't tell me that you are surprised  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-24, 8:17 pm

This is exactly the sort of thing that fucks me off with my country.
One I actually got off my arse to fight for.
I often wonder why I bothered.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-24, 8:48 pm

Billy D wrote:
Yeh agreed
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-24, 9:36 pm

..and a bit more, not just the headlines.............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I'm sure you realize the comparison is politically motivated. For those claiming benefits payments, particularly housing, it's material whether you are co-habiting with a partner. This principle is controversial and regularly criticized by the Left as an unwarranted intrusion by the State.
David Laws entered politics after a successful business career in the City of London. He was a senior managing director at BZW so it's safe to assume he was making 7-figures a year and is a multi-millionaire. He was also secretly gay and, to disguise this, pretended to be renting accommodation in London from his partner when in fact they were cohabiting. This rent was then claimed back as a parliamentary expense. By not disclosing the relationship between them he broke the rules on expenses and had to resign as a minister. Daily Telegraph 28 May 2010
In his defence it was accepted by the Parliamentary standards body that his actions were motivated by wanting to hide his sexuality rather than financial gain. It was also pointed out that if he'd nominated his constituency home as a second home (which was absolutely commonplace for MPs of all parties) he could have claimed a lot more money without breaking the rules in the slightest.Official Parliamentary Report
How accurate is the comparison? Not very. Carol Irving systematically and deliberately defrauded the taxpayer by failing to disclose her personal circumstances. David Laws inadvertently broke the rules on parliamentary expenses as a side-effect of trying to conceal his sexuality. Just 'working the system' in a completely legal way would have netted him far more money.
"Single mum Carol Irving was sent to jail for six months in June for benefit fraud after failing to tell the authorities she had a partner living with her. ... The mum of four, from Plymouth, told the city’s crown court she would not have been able to feed her family if she had declared her true circumstances." Mirror report

if you open the link there are a few more opinions....
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-10-25, 7:39 am

Do you not think that Technically they both did wrong so the sentence should be the same? "I was attempting to hide my sexuality" is a better excuse than "I would not be able to feed my family"?
Oh I forgot...food banks....maybe the post is politically motivated but it just looks like another rich man evading punishment to me
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 7:42 am

oldblackcat wrote:Do you not think that Technically they both did wrong so the sentence should be the same? "I was attempting to hide my sexuality" is a better excuse than "I would not be able to feed my family"?
Oh I forgot...food banks....maybe the post is politically motivated but it just looks like another rich man evading punishment to me
In my eyes yes both did wrong and yes it's a politically motivated post but the punishment, one a loss of liberty and the other?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-25, 8:22 am

Silvers wrote:..and a bit more, not just the headlines.............

As I'm sure you realize the comparison is politically motivated. For those claiming benefits payments, particularly housing, it's material whether you are co-habiting with a partner. This principle is controversial and regularly criticized by the Left as an unwarranted intrusion by the State.
David Laws entered politics after a successful business career in the City of London. He was a senior managing director at BZW so it's safe to assume he was making 7-figures a year and is a multi-millionaire. He was also secretly gay and, to disguise this, pretended to be renting accommodation in London from his partner when in fact they were cohabiting. This rent was then claimed back as a parliamentary expense. By not disclosing the relationship between them he broke the rules on expenses and had to resign as a minister. Daily Telegraph 28 May 2010
In his defence it was accepted by the Parliamentary standards body that his actions were motivated by wanting to hide his sexuality rather than financial gain. It was also pointed out that if he'd nominated his constituency home as a second home (which was absolutely commonplace for MPs of all parties) he could have claimed a lot more money without breaking the rules in the slightest.Official Parliamentary Report
How accurate is the comparison? Not very. Carol Irving systematically and deliberately defrauded the taxpayer by failing to disclose her personal circumstances. David Laws inadvertently broke the rules on parliamentary expenses as a side-effect of trying to conceal his sexuality. Just 'working the system' in a completely legal way would have netted him far more money.
"Single mum Carol Irving was sent to jail for six months in June for benefit fraud after failing to tell the authorities she had a partner living with her. ... The mum of four, from Plymouth, told the city’s crown court she would not have been able to feed her family if she had declared her true circumstances." Mirror report

Bollox.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 1:52 pm

Silvers wrote:..and a bit more, not just the headlines.............

I think it shows very clearly how there is an us and them system, yes Carol broke the law and for it was sent to prison but Laws inadvertently broke the rules.

Coincidentally one is a single mother of 4 I believe and the other a rich man.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-25, 5:23 pm

Billy D wrote:

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum