SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The way forward

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The way forward

Post  vinkel on 2017-10-22, 3:23 pm

In every game attack attack attack . I watched the highlights on c5  last night not a great deal to go on, but the teams in this league are there for the taking if you set up to be offensive. Have the attitude you score 1 we will score 3.  Take off the shackles Sym on go for it.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: The way forward

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-22, 4:18 pm

vinkel wrote:In every game attack attack attack . I watched the highlights on c5  last night not a great deal to go on, but the teams in this league are there for the taking if you set up to be offensive. Have the attitude you score 1 we will score 3.  Take off the shackles Sym on go for it.
Exactly, I have been saying this for weeks. Sigh... tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-22, 5:42 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
vinkel wrote:In every game attack attack attack . I watched the highlights on c5  last night not a great deal to go on, but the teams in this league are there for the taking if you set up to be offensive. Have the attitude you score 1 we will score 3.  Take off the shackles Sym on go for it.
Exactly, I have been saying this for weeks. Sigh... tongue
Me also 
We have nowt to loose at this stage 
Attack attack attack 
Win lose or draw again at this stage we have nowt to lose
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 6:00 pm

Sounds great in theory but suicidal in practice. Our defence is brittle and all out attack would leave it open to heavy defeat.

It's not even Christmas and we seem to be panacing, two wins from the next two games will change things dramatically.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-22, 6:04 pm

Don’t have the players or manager to go all out offensive and, we just don’t have the players to go defensive so what do we do now?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-22, 6:05 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Don’t have the players or manager to go all out offensive and, we just don’t have the players to go defensive so what do we do now?
We loose the games well that’s ok.
But if we don’t attack attack we sill loose
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 6:09 pm

Vincemac wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Don’t have the players or manager to go all out offensive and, we just don’t have the players to go defensive so what do we do now?
We do what we did yesterday, their goals came from a mistake by us, a free kick that never was and massive deflection.

Keep Our heads and win on Saturday

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-22, 6:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
We do what we did yesterday, their goals came from a mistake by us, a free kick that never was and massive deflection.

Keep Our heads and win on Saturday
Hope so mate
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-10-22, 8:43 pm

3 draws and no losses. Were getting there. How many draws did BSA get early on in his tenure. Took a while before we built up a head of steam. I expected November/Xmas time before we started doing the business.

If we can get McNair in there, possibly at the expense of Catts who looks either jaded or disintersted at the mo, we can turn draws into wins imo.

I still fully expect us to climb up this table AND quite a way up.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-10-22, 10:09 pm

gil t azell wrote:3 draws and no losses. Were getting there. How many draws did BSA get early on in his tenure. Took a while before we built up a head of steam. I expected November/Xmas time before we started doing the business.

If we can get McNair in there, possibly at the expense of Catts who looks either jaded or disintersted at the mo, we can turn draws into wins imo.

Stop dreaming Gil, they'll never get rid of him for some unknown reason otherwise who else would have negotiated a 6 year extension to his contract a couple of years back for such a player given no-one else gets them.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 10:14 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
gil t azell wrote:3 draws and no losses. Were getting there. How many draws did BSA get early on in his tenure. Took a while before we built up a head of steam. I expected November/Xmas time before we started doing the business.

Stop dreaming Gil, they'll never get rid of him for some unknown reason otherwise who else would have negotiated a 6 year extension to his contract a couple of years back for such a player given no-one else gets them.
There is a noticeable difference in Catts this season, was never the quickest but he is struggling and I agree with Gil, and McNair will take his place.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-10-23, 9:33 am

well thank heavens for that. Finally a season where people aren't portraying Catts as some sort of superhero.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-23, 11:37 am

Kipper wrote:well thank heavens for that. Finally a season where people aren't portraying Catts as some sort of superhero.

I thought this season he would come into his own... but  he has been poor
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-10-23, 12:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sounds great in theory but suicidal in practice. Our defence is brittle and all out attack would leave it open to heavy defeat.

It's not even Christmas and we seem to be panacing, two wins from the next two games will change things dramatically.
Last season both Newcastle and Brighton were promoted playing different styles. Brighton played a cautious style trying not to give too much away, it worked for them because of the players they had.
Newcastle went gungho as the had a team made up to attack, that worked for them.
We are not good in defence,  but do have a decent threat going forward. So if our defenders have faith our attackers will score it will give that extra faith in defence surely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum