SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Grayson out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grayson out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 8:02 am

A growing chant amongst supporters and it's easy to understand why but let's look at the reson it;s a bad idea.

I start from what we all know, Grayson is not the best of managers and the players are far from world beaters but It's what we have and all the shouting, "You are shit" will do nothing to change that, indeed it's probably counterproductive.

We also know that things could well get worse before they get better, the January window is just round the corner and we should be more concerned about who leaves than who comes. N'Dong, Kone and Rodwell are already earmarked and it would be no surprise to see Watmores name added.

Sack Grayson and look realistically at who will come.

A owner who wont spend but will sell so what we have is what we will live or die by.
A owner who wants out and if he sells new owners who may want a new manager in

Yes someone will come but will he be better than what we have?

I hear Grayson is clueless but there is a reason he got the managers job and none of us ever have.

IMO we have two choices, walk away or do what we can to help by backing the manager and the team, I can't remember anyone ever saying that being a Mackem was easy.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42883
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-22, 9:39 am

Can't see Short paying him off. That would cost..
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14921
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-10-22, 10:28 am

Sacking the manager isn't the answer...I can understand the frustration of the fans (after all I'm one myself) but you've got to look at the facts

We were relegated with huge debts...Loan players went back to their parent clubs...Our best/only striker had a clause saying he could leave for nothing if we were relegated...we sold our best player for £30 million and then his back up for £2 million Mad  (presumably using the money to reduce the debt)...this drastically reduced our squad, player wise and quality wise ....
The owner was trying to sell the club,but at the same time trying to recruit a new manager....how do you recruit a new manager who may be replaced as soon as we have new owners who would want their own man in charge? How do you bring a new manager to a club who regularly sack them? It also seems that while trying to recruit a new manager we've said little money would be made available....does this look like an attractive job to you? Is it any wonder numerous people steered clear or turned the job down?

So here we are now with Grayson as manager, a man that wanted the job, that accepted the challenge even though he would have known that he had limited funds to rebuild the squad.He has worked a minor miracle bringing the players in that he has...true he made a massive mistake in not bringing in at least one more striker imo,but was that his fault? did he have enough funds (if any) to do that? His team selection sometimes raise questions,his tactics sometimes raise questions,sometimes his substitutions do,(but I could think of several previous managers that this would apply to)...I think all of these decisions have been made more difficult with the pressure he's been under due to the bad run we've been on.I can't really remember many people calling for his head when we had a reasonable start to the season,can you?

True yesterday losing a 3-1 lead and ending up with a point was more than disappointing,but putting a positive spin on it...we now have gone three games unbeaten.Don't get me wrong our position in the league is more than concerning and quite worrying but we need to hold our nerve and back the manager and players.Sacking the manager isn't the answer it just puts us back in the circle of...sack the manager....employ a new one,who wants his players...while changing and trying to mold his new team has bad/disappointing results....sack the manager....employ a new one...you get the picture? We had big problems getting Grayson to be manager,what makes people think we could easily replace him if we did sack him? Who would want the job anyway?

I do think the squad is good enough to escape relegation but getting that elusive win is the key to that....hopefully it will come in the next game.
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 56
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 10:41 am

oldblackcat wrote:Sacking the manager isn't the answer...I can understand the frustration of the fans (after all I'm one myself) but you've got to look at the facts

We were relegated with huge debts...Loan players went back to their parent clubs...Our best/only striker had a clause saying he could leave for nothing if we were relegated...we sold our best player for £30 million and then his back up for £2 million Mad  (presumably using the money to reduce the debt)...this drastically reduced our squad, player wise and quality wise ....
The owner was trying to sell the club,but at the same time trying to recruit a new manager....how do you recruit a new manager who may be replaced as soon as we have new owners who would want their own man in charge? How do you bring a new manager to a club who regularly sack them? It also seems that while trying to recruit a new manager we've said little money would be made available....does this look like an attractive job to you? Is it any wonder numerous people steered clear or turned the job down?

So here we are now with Grayson as manager, a man that wanted the job, that accepted the challenge even though he would have known that he had limited funds to rebuild the squad.He has worked a minor miracle bringing the players in that he has...true he made a massive mistake in not bringing in at least one more striker imo,but was that his fault? did he have enough funds (if any) to do that? His team selection sometimes raise questions,his tactics sometimes raise questions,sometimes his substitutions do,(but I could think of several previous managers that this would apply to)...I think all of these decisions have been made more difficult with the pressure he's been under due to the bad run we've been on.I can't really remember many people calling for his head when we had a reasonable start to the season,can you?

True yesterday losing a 3-1 lead and ending up with a point was more than disappointing,but putting a positive spin on it...we now have gone three games unbeaten.Don't get me wrong our position in the league is more than concerning and quite worrying but we need to hold our nerve and back the manager and players.Sacking the manager isn't the answer it just puts us back in the circle of...sack the manager....employ a new one,who wants his players...while changing and trying to mold his new team has bad/disappointing results....sack the manager....employ a new one...you get the picture? We had big problems getting Grayson to be manager,what makes people think we could easily replace him if we did sack him? Who would want the job anyway?

I do think the squad is good enough to escape relegation but getting that elusive win is the key to that....hopefully it will come in the next game.
Daft deluded blind dreamer.  Come down Roker beach and stick your head in the sand next to me

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42883
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-22, 11:39 am

 do think the squad is good enough to escape relegation but getting that elusive win is the key to that....hopefully it will come in the next game.




Hope so
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6685
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-22, 11:45 am

If we continue to sink we'll be playing in Oz in a few years

Very Happy
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14921
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-22, 12:16 pm

Got to win these next two games simple as that the point yesterday wasn’t great considering we were 3-1 up but still an away point.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 12:21 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Got to win these next two games simple as that the point yesterday wasn’t great considering we were 3-1 up but still an away point.
that seems to be the majority view. Nick Barnes was asked on facebook before yesterdays game if he would be sacked if we lost, his answer was not after this game.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42883
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-22, 12:41 pm

Away game wins are nice mate but it’s winning your home games that counts, do that and he should be okay as said though lose and he could be out.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-22, 12:46 pm

We need wins asap, it's tough, we all know that.

Our problems are manifest... 2 average at best goalkeepers,  although Catts more at fault for one of the goals yesterday  (He is having a poor season)

Jo's is our best CB

Watmore and McGready only bright spots.

Grayson seems a ditherer and we are stuck with him.

Owner is a seller not a buyer of talent

Minor miracle required
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6201
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-10-22, 1:40 pm

I honestly think our team wont get relegated, to much quality for me and we are unbeaten in three, shoots of recovery?

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
avatar
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2322
Join date : 2014-09-29
Age : 59
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 1:45 pm

barrowmackem wrote:I honestly think our team wont get relegated, to much quality for me and we are unbeaten in three, shoots of recovery?
APPL APPL APPL

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42883
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-22, 1:59 pm

keep on believing.....


Very Happy
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14921
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-22, 2:00 pm

Silvers wrote:keep on believing.....


Very Happy
we will

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42883
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson out

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum