SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, Hieronymus, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem, Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Sunderland v Bristol City Matchday Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunderland v Bristol City Matchday Thread

Post  Hieronymus on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Welcome bristolcfaninpeace. Nice of you to post so respectfully, and nice of you to be more hopeful for us than many of us are tongue

I am sorry to say I don't know too much about your team but 7th in the table is good. I am pretty sure 40K+ SAFC fans would gratefully take that!

Looking forward to the game but very nervous after last few matches when we have shown we have quality in fits and starts but are not able to sustain it over a full 90mins. We are overdue a bit of luck though so maybe you guys will be the unlucky ones that we break our home winless run against. We seem to always do that for other teams so hopefully our turn this weekend. No offence intended tongue

finger cross
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristolcfaninpeace on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:23 am

Hieronymus wrote:Welcome bristolcfaninpeace. Nice of you to post so respectfully, and nice of you to be more hopeful for us than many of us are tongue

I am sorry to say I don't know too much about your team but 7th in the table is good. I am pretty sure 40K+ SAFC fans would gratefully take that!
We tend to play 4-4-2 with a high energy, high press (although that didn't happen against Leeds) with a combo direct balls up Diedhiou slow passing and quick high intensity passing moves. But Diedhiou definitely won't be playing due to injury. He is likely to be replaced with either - Milan Djuric who is a strong 6'61" striker who wins pretty much everything in the air but is not particularly prolific. Although he only made his first appearance after injury against Palace so probably not fit enough yet. Therefore it's more likely to be Woodrow who we have on loan from Fulham. I not really sure what type of player he is as he has shown next to nothing in the small amount of game time he has had. Alongside whoever gets the nod will hopefully be Bobby Reid an academy midfielder who had looked average at best the last few seasons but was moved up front by the manager this season and hasn't looked back (joint top scorer in the league right now). However, he had a knock in the week so may not be available. In which case it'll be Matty Taylor who is a busy forward with the great movement who hasn't yet converted his lower league goalscoring to championship level. 
In the midfield at cm will be Brownhill who is a very good box to box player and probably Korey Smith who tidies things up and breaks up play. Out wide Jamie Paterson who creates a lot of our chances and drifts inside a lot. And Calum O'Dowda a ROI winger who is direct and tracks back well but sometimes lacks the final ball. We also have Eliasson who is a good crosser and Leko a very tricky winger on loan from WBA who is a handful for defenders but doesn't pass much and doesn't track back.
Defense we have Joe Bryan LB (best fullback in the league I love you Embarassed) and Pissano RB, a no-nonsense tackler he likes to get forward (although he is another just coming back from injury).  At CB we have Baker (if fit) who is solid and one of Bailey Wright and Aden Flint. Flint is great in the air, dangerous at set pieces and gets a crazy amount of goals for a CB. But is a little suspect with pacy forwards getting in behind him. Fielding in goal who is decent at this level but a bit dodgy with his distribution.  
Sorry that ended up being a bit more detailed than intended!
Bristolcfaninpeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:53 am

Well not long now until we find out if that elusive win, 3 points and major boost is here. Bristolfan has given us the low down on his team, Adam Flint, forgot about him but one name we were linked with.

One thing is for sure Grayson needs to find his best team and stick with it but I have a feeling not much will change including starts for Catts and NDong, a mistake IMO if both start.

Seems ages since I was last at the stadium so really looking forward to it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:02 am

Got a feeling another draw is on the cards, not enough to sway my opinion if Grayson at the minute we can but hope.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Looking like the team will be

STEELE
MATHEWS  KONE  OSHEA  OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
WATMORE   WILLIAMS  MCGREADY
GRABBAN

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Steele is a liability mate at present, can we afford him a run of games at the minute?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:56 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Steele is a liability mate at present, can we afford him a run of games at the minute?
Agree but think he will play tomorrow

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Looking like the team will be

STEELE
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
GRABBAN
That looks ok for me
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I will await the result with a masochistic optimism.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:21 am

4-3 to us. We will win today and then as SAFC do lose to Bolton on Tuesday.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 am

Vincemac wrote:

STEELE
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
GRABBAN
That looks ok for me
Catts & N'dong at home. NO. Too bloody defensive minded.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:31 am

gil t azell wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

STEELE
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
GRABBAN
That looks ok for me
Catts & N'dong at home. NO. Too bloody defensive minded.
I agree but I think it's the team we will see

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Team news

Sunderland

• 1Steele
  • 2Jones
  • 23Koné
  • 16O'Shea
  • 3Oviedo
  • 24Gibson
  • 17Ndong
  • 14Watmore
  • 7Williams
  • 19McGeady
  • 11Grabban

Substitutes

• 4McNair
  • 6Cattermole
  • 9Vaughan
  • 13McManaman
  • 21Matthews
  • 25Ruiter
  • 26Honeyman
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:12 pm

On Chatbox if anyone wants to chat? Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We will win.
WHAT? YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP I'M A BIT DEAF ATM.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Sorry but we were awful and unless Grayson gets the defence sorted we will continue to leak goals. We cannot defend set pieces and have no pace to cope with opposition players running at us. Away teams coming to SOL know to smother McGeady and Watmore and we are toothless. N'Dong was our most attacking player from what I could hear!!

Maybe I am a rubbish supporter but telling it like it is is necessary right now.  Who has seen any game yet that we deserved to win apart from against Norwich, which have to say was pretty much gifted to us anyway!

We are not good enough. The table does not lie. 9 points from 14 games tells its own story. If we assume a minimum of 45 points needed for SAFETY, not playoffs or promotion but SAFETY from relegation to the third tier, we need at least 36 more points from our remaining 32 games. That is 1.125 points per game when we are currently averaging 0.64.

Not going to happen without some major changes and/or major investment. Anyone think that's likely? Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:43 pm

We were wrong. It wasnt Catts n N'dong. It was somebody even slower in Darren Gibson n N'dong. If I was Honeyman or Gooch, neither world beaters I would be knocking on Graysons door on Monday asking for a transfer.  if a young fit speedy kids cannot get in the team ahead of him ( not just DG's fault today) then there is something wrong.

Nor will I accept using the wind as an excuse as BC had the same problems.

Steele. I would perfer to have a corpse in goal for corners. The man is completely and utterly inept.

I could go on and on and I probably will later but for now this is depressed & suicidal signing off.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:07 pm

gil t azell wrote:We were wrong. It wasnt Catts n N'dong. It was somebody even slower in Darren Gibson n N'dong. If I was Honeyman or Gooch, neither world beaters I would be knocking on Graysons door on Monday asking for a transfer.  if a young fit speedy kids cannot get in the team ahead of him ( not just DG's fault today) then there is something wrong.

Nor will I accept using the wind as an excuse as BC had the same problems.

Steele. I would perfer to have a corpse in goal for corners. The man is completely and utterly inept.

I could go on and on and I probably will later but for now this is depressed & suicidal signing off.
And I feel worse
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Well what can I say, I don't agree we were awful in deed for big chunks of the game we were the better team.

But sadly those old frailties came back and cost us and I'm really not sure were we go from here.

We looked a threat going forward but could not score and their first set piece saw them score at the back post from a ball that should never have reached the back post.

Then we got that all important goal and they were there for the taking but we didn't take them, they took us.

In the end we looked tired, ragged and beaten the only surprise was that City did not get a third.

Grayson needs telling that a wi n and a win alone saves him but it's then game by game.

Who we bring in, no idea but I quite like Benno's idea,Peter Reid until the end of the season.

I cant see a half full bus going from Coxhoe on Tuesday but I will be there.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Sounds, and looks, as if we are in desperate times but City are having a good season and he result is understandable given both teams season so far.  The hardest part to understand is the team performances and given Grayson's after match comments he is just as mystified as us.

I am not sure he is the man to sort it out now since he has enough talented and experienced players to have done better by now.  He is beginning to look the problem now.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:41 am

The team yesterday was poor from back to front, (Bristol weren’t much better)and playing a 4 5 1 at home is just not on. I’ve seen some saying it was 4 3 2 1 bollocks! It was 4 5 1. Gibson should be done under the trades description act along with Steele both are not footballers both are stealing a wage for nothing. A draw yesterday would have been a half decent result, the loss should have seen Grayson sacked, apparently he lives on until midweek at least.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:35 am

Grayson sacked, apparently he lives on until midweek at least.

I hope it is his last
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: