SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 10:08 am by cyprussyd

» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

Argus, cyprussyd, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Bristol City Matchday Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland v Bristol City Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-21, 5:52 pm

Our Brentford game was a glass half full or glass half empty game but it was a game that made it three in a row unbeaten and showed all the signs of a team coming together.

However our next two games will, IMO, decide on our fortunes and the managers future

Saturday
We face a Bristol City team sitting in 6th place but who also have just been beaten at home 3-0 a win or draw maybe OK but defeat is unacceptable

Tuesday
We face the only team below us, a must win.

Both games will be nervy affairs for the players and manager but for us poor fans, unbearable.

Steele must start, Grayson has decided he is number 1 so time to back him

Back 4 Jones Kone Oshea Oveado

Then we hit decision time, drop Cattermole but keep NDong. Williams in if fit.

Go 4-4-2 with Watmore and Grabban up front

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-10-28, 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Bristol City Matchday Thread

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-21, 5:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Our Brentford game was a glass half full or glass half empty game but it was a game that made it three in a row unbeaten and showed all the signs of a team coming together.

However our next two games will, IMO, decide on our fortunes and the managers future

Saturday
We face a Bristol City team sitting in 6th place but who also have just been beaten at home 3-0 a win or draw maybe OK but defeat is unacceptable

Tuesday

Both games will be nervy affairs for the players and manager but for us poor fans, unbearable.

Next week I am stuck in Centre Parcs with grandkids
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-21, 6:02 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Our Brentford game was a glass half full or glass half empty game but it was a game that made it three in a row unbeaten and showed all the signs of a team coming together.

Saturday

Tuesday

2 good wins it is then

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-21, 6:19 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

Sounds GOOD to me...

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-21, 7:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Saturday

Tuesday

2 good wins it is then

I bloody well hope so
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-24, 4:20 pm

Sunderland v Bristol City 
DARREN BOND
Matthew McGrath and Tony Peart
Fourth Official: Martin Coy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The match official appointments for Sky Bet EFL games between 27th October and 1st November 2017.
EFL.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-24, 9:42 pm

Bristol City beating Palace 4-1 in the league cup game tonight

Palace are terrible and Hodgson will be lucky to survive till Christmas so this is not a huge shock, even though Leeds beat City comprehensively at the weekend. Perhaps now we know why?? tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-24, 9:57 pm

Bristol City will tw*t us.
We might get a draw with Bolton.
That's my positive head.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 1:16 am

We will win.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-10-25, 9:50 am

We're unbeaten in the last 3
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-25, 11:03 am

paddocklad wrote:We're unbeaten in the last 3
And won none.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 11:56 am

Billy D wrote:
And won none.
Or in my world lost none

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-25, 4:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
And won none.
Or in my world lost none
Well there's positivity for you.
Lets just go all out for draws then.
46 points, entire season unbeaten & relegated.
Jolly good.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 6:29 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
And won none.
Or in my world lost none
Jolly good.
And when did I or anyone else say we are going for draws?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-25, 6:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
And won none.
Or in my world lost none
Jolly good.
Well you seem to be delighted with them.
Woohoo, a draw against a class side like Brentford after throwing away a two goal lead.
Excellent result. Loads of positives there eh? Question
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-25, 7:55 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:
And won none.
Or in my world lost none
Jolly good.
Well you seem to be delighted with them.
Woohoo, a draw against a class side like Brentford after throwing away a two goal lead.
Excellent result. Loads of positives there eh? Question
Not delighted at all just been my version of a fan, you know the ones who turn up good or bad and try and support.I remember when you were one.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristolcfaninpeace on 2017-10-26, 2:33 am

Hi, Bristol City fan here. Just thought I'd pop on and say a friendly hello. 
I'm hoping for a draw, think we're capable of a win but you guys are too and as we're away I would be more than happy with a share of the points. We could do with something out of the game to show the Leeds match was a blip and not us getting found out (we were in a similar position this time last season and then just fell apart). 
We will be missing our record signing (a striker who leads the line) who damaged his ACL against Palace and could also be without Bobby Reid our top scorer (he is 50/50 at the moment). But we do have decent understudies, they just haven't had a lot of game time. 
I was trying to see if there were any interesting player links (ex players etc) the best I could come up with is Joe Bryan our left back (and best player) was linked with you in the summer and Adam Matthews. Matthew's was amazing for us in his 1st loan and then terrible once we had him on a year-long deal and ended up not playing. I presume he is now rotting in you reserves somewhere. 

Looking forward to the game on Saturday although I can't make it this time. I did make it way back in the 98/99 season when you guys were destroying everyone. We literally stole a point that day and were under the cosh all game. We were singing such beauty's as "we're in your half again, we're in your half again" and "1-0 you're only winning 1-0". We ended up getting relegated that season.  Crying or Very sad Anyway best wishes for every game (except those against us) pretty sure you guys are going to come good just hopefully not on Saturday!
Bristolcfaninpeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-26, 3:16 am

Bristolcfaninpeace wrote:Hi, Bristol City fan here. Just thought I'd pop on and say a friendly hello. 
I'm hoping for a draw, think we're capable of a win but you guys are too and as we're away I would be more than happy with a share of the points. We could do with something out of the game to show the Leeds match was a blip and not us getting found out (we were in a similar position this time last season and then just fell apart). 
We will be missing our record signing (a striker who leads the line) who damaged his ACL against Palace and could also be without Bobby Reid our top scorer (he is 50/50 at the moment). But we do have decent understudies, they just haven't had a lot of game time. 
I was trying to see if there were any interesting player links (ex players etc) the best I could come up with is Joe Bryan our left back (and best player) was linked with you in the summer and Adam Matthews. Matthew's was amazing for us in his 1st loan and then terrible once we had him on a year-long deal and ended up not playing. I presume he is now rotting in you reserves somewhere. 

Looking forward to the game on Saturday although I can't make it this time. I did make it way back in the 98/99 season when you guys were destroying everyone. We literally stole a point that day and were under the cosh all game. We were singing such beauty's as "we're in your half again, we're in your half again" and "1-0 you're only winning 1-0". We ended up getting relegated that season.  Crying or Very sad Anyway best wishes for every game (except those against us) pretty sure you guys are going to come good just hopefully not on Saturday!
Welcome and I promise we will be far more nervous than you lot, we and in particular Grayson need a win badly, we know it will be far from easy.

My hope is that our very little steps of 3 games unbeaten can become wins in our next two games, confidence on and off the field is very low.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristolcfaninpeace on 2017-10-26, 3:37 am

cyprussyd wrote:Welcome and I promise we will be far more nervous than you lot, we and in particular Grayson need a win badly, we know it will be far from easy.

My hope is that our very little steps of 3 games unbeaten can become wins in our next two games, confidence on and off the field is very low.
Thanks. Rate Grayson, pretty highly I'm sure he'll turn things around, have horrible feeling we might give you that win you want. 
3 games unbeaten is a good start, this division (particularly this season where no one seems to be running away with it yet) is all about bouncing back quickly and keeping momentum once you have it.
Bristolcfaninpeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-26, 3:45 am

Bristolcfaninpeace wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Welcome and I promise we will be far more nervous than you lot, we and in particular Grayson need a win badly, we know it will be far from easy.

Thanks. Rate Grayson, pretty highly I'm sure he'll turn things around, have horrible feeling we might give you that win you want. 
3 games unbeaten is a good start, this division (particularly this season where no one seems to be running away with it yet) is all about bouncing back quickly and keeping momentum once you have it.
Well I think we now have the record for the longest run without a home win so it must end one day and Saturday would be good.

The problem is we are now finding out we can go 2 or maybe 3 up in the first half but still cant relax so a long afternoon ahead for we poor mackems but hey, we were never told it would be easy following Sunderland.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristolcfaninpeace on 2017-10-26, 6:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I think we now have the record for the longest run without a home win so it must end one day and Saturday would be good.

The problem is we are now finding out we can go 2 or maybe 3 up in the first half but still cant relax so a long afternoon ahead for we poor mackems but hey, we were never told it would be easy following Sunderland.
Sounds like us last season we had a spell of 1 win in 11 including a club record 8 defeats on the trot. Then we had games like Derby away where we were 3 up and drew 3-3 then Newcastle away 2 up drew 2-2. But we kept the faith because we believed in the man in charge (or at least our chairman did) and we are reaping the rewards right now. You've got some prem quality players and I think a fantastic manager so its more a question of when it comes to gether and playing yourself into form.
Bristolcfaninpeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-26, 5:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-10-26, 6:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

APPL APPL APPL APPL

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristolcfaninpeace on 2017-10-26, 11:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A really great effort they've been planning it for a long time. I'm sure most people here will already of donated to the Bradley Lowery Foundation already but if any of you fancy chucking a little bit in the cyclists justgiving page is https://www[dot]justgiving[dot]com/crowdfunding/nick-duff?utm_id=100&utm_term=6aAbwgG9Z
Bristolcfaninpeace

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-10-26, 11:49 pm

Brilliant effort from Bristol C fans.  This unfortunate little lad's name will live forever through his foundation.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum