SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 6:41 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

I am no scholar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am no scholar

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 pm

No degrees, no GCSE's, no economic diplomas and not clever enough to know the answers, probably like most people.

I do however know right from wrong, good from bad and injustice when I see it and in my humble opinion I can't remember a time where a government had such contempt for the poor, the sick and those who we once called working class.

I watched BBC Question Time last night with a panel consisting of a labour MP, a LIBDEM lady, a vicar, a conservative supporting business man and Chris Grayling.

All, including the conservative supporting business man condemned the rollout of universal credit. All said the idea of universal credit was a good idea but the rollout was causing real suffering.

Chris Grayling's expression and body language never changed, he was totally uninterested in any suffering or way of reducing that suffering.

Government ministers are trotted out on news and discussion shows to give the party line, record jobs, help for the poor, more nurses,doctors, teachers, firefighters, ambulance staff, police. We have never had it so good so shut up you poor and sick people because we care about you.

I hear that and think good, I feel better now, I then turn on the news and become confused.

1. Record number of foodbanks
  2. NHS in crisis
  3. Schools creaking and at breaking point
  4. Doctors surgeries closing
  5. Violent crime at record levels
  6. Prisons at boiling point
  7. Disabled people dying after been assessed fit for work

The list goes on and my little uneducated brain can't compute, all is well but at the same time it isn't.

All my little brain keeps saying to me is, "Someone's telling porkies my son, someone is telling fibs"

Or to be fair maybe they are almost telling the truth, all is indeed well in their world,in their social circle and maybe the only little fib is when they say they care about ordinary Joes like me, my circle of friends.

I kind of have the same problem with Corbyn's Labour, the wise who read books and know about these things tell me to be careful, he is a  dangerous commie lefty who will destroy the country, bloody hell, that woke me up.

But my little brain looks around and thinks, destroy the country, can't see a lot more to destroy. He is a commie lefty, is he? 
I listen to him and his shadow ministers with an open mind, OK it's just a little mind but it is open.

Try as I may to hate him and his commie ways I kinda like what they all say, wish I was educated and could spot the flaws.

Hang on, I heard what you said, he will bankrupt us, that's the flaw but if my tax bill rises but I can see a doctor, feel safe out at night, know my grandson is getting a better education and can afford Aldi instead of the foodbank, maybe bankrupt may not be so bad for my social circle.

I'm sure my clever friends will point out the faults but, I like and trust Corbyn but I don't trust any of the government's front bench, maybe it's that simple, maybe I should just back who I trust and believe and leave the clever bits and the complicated bits to clever people.

Last edited by cyprussyd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I am no scholar

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:22 pm

APPL APPL APPL 

And you can be quite sure that Chrs Grayling is not one of those clever people. How he is a Minister I do not know. I can only assume he knows where some Tory skeletons are buried Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:04 pm

[ltr]
Pause

-1:44

https://www.facebook.com/PeterStefanovicJuniorDoctors/videos/495946794121281/

[/ltr]

Peter Stefanovic

Like Page

Yesterday at 08:58 · 
BBC1's NewsNight gave just 4 seconds to the Governments humiliating defeat in the Commons on Universal Credit! This is what they Don't want you to know! Don't let them get away with it! PLEASE HIT THE SHARE BUTTON!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Love Peter Stefanovic. I have shared this on my Facebook page Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down