SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 1:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sack him

Go down

Sack him

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-19, 11:34 am

Northern Ireland football boss Michael O'Neill pleads guilty to drink driving.
Should he be sacked, yes from me, time to set standards.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sack him

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-19, 12:02 pm

No. he is the best manager Northern Ireland have had for years and they need him.

It is a terrible thing to drink and drive (how times change eh?) but he has been dealt with by the courts and everyone is entitled to a second chance, to learn from making a mistake.

The FAI should ensure he goes on a 'do not drink and drive' course, and seeks help with alcohol problems, a more likely cause of the drink driving anyway, so he understands the gravity of what he did.

But IMO he should not lose his job over it. THIS TIME anyway. It needs to be made clear there are no third chances though.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-19, 12:21 pm

So some crimes that can kill are forgivable providing he is a good manager.

I read a lot about role models, Adam Johnson a classic case and I am so anti drink driving that I see any role model who is caught drink driving should pay a bigger price than we mere mortals.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-19, 1:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:So some crimes that can kill are forgivable providing he is a good manager.

I read a lot about role models, Adam Johnson a classic case and I am so anti drink driving that I see any role model who is caught drink driving should pay a bigger price than we mere mortals.
I never said it was a forgiveable crime. Drink driving is selfish and stupid and criminal. But he was charged and prosecuted and sentenced. The law has dealt with it and now the FAI will deal with the consequences according to their procedures for such situations. My views, and yours for that matter, have no bearing on what happens next, but the thread asked for an opinion and I offered it.

I will never condone drink driving. But I do understand human weakness and try not to judge. There but for the grace of God go any of us, if not drink driving, some other stupid thing that can cause harm to others due to a foolish lapse of judgement.

If O'Neill has a drink problem he needs help. Fortunately this time he got away without injury to himself or anyone else. Losing his job will not stop him doing it again, and may make it MORE likely, perhaps with far more serious consequences.  Keeping his job with the understanding that he seeks treatment, and that there will be no more chances, may make him address the issues he has with alcohol.

I hope so.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-19, 2:35 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:So some crimes that can kill are forgivable providing he is a good manager.

I never said it was a forgiveable crime. Drink driving is selfish and stupid and criminal. But he was charged and prosecuted and sentenced. The law has dealt with it and now the FAI will deal with the consequences according to their procedures for such situations. My views, and yours for that matter, have no bearing on what happens next, but the thread asked for an opinion and I offered it.

I will never condone drink driving. But I do understand human weakness and try not to judge. There but for the grace of God go any of us, if not drink driving, some other stupid thing that can cause harm to others due to a foolish lapse of judgement.

If O'Neill has a drink problem he needs help. Fortunately this time he got away without injury to himself or anyone else. Losing his job will not stop him doing it again, and may make it MORE likely, perhaps with far more serious consequences.  Keeping his job with the understanding that he seeks treatment, and that there will be no more chances, may make him address the issues he has with alcohol.

I hope so.
Not arguing H the forum is all about opinion and I thank you for giving yours.

I'm sure your opinion is far more popular than mine indeed in many ways I agree with your opinion I guess my gripe is when is a role model a role model?

Many role models are dealt with in law far more severely than Joe Public and I also understand that but hopefully O'Neil will receive a harsher punishment, if not by the law then by the football authorities otherwise we could be sending out the message that drink driving is not that big a deal. Just my opinion.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-10-19, 2:51 pm

Many many years ago I foolishly lost my license for dd.  It was not work related so I did not lose my job over it . Neither should he. He will be dealt with appropriately.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum