SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 7:31 pm by cyprussyd

» Defoe
Today at 7:08 pm by Hieronymus

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Today at 7:02 pm by cyprussyd

» We have a new record..
Today at 6:30 pm by Billy D

» CHATBOX
Today at 3:37 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 72
Today at 3:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Is it enough
Today at 3:28 pm by Hieronymus

» BREAKING NEWS.
Today at 2:18 pm by canary-dave

» Coleman appointed
Today at 11:57 am by Sid MCFC

» The question needs to be asked
Today at 11:16 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, Hieronymus, paddocklad, SAFA Mackem, Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yesterday

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 11:24 am

I took my seat at 1.30, some things never change.
My seat is at the end of the row so I see the same people, in the main the wrong side of 60 and they are the bairns in pensioners row,most struggle slowly up the stairs, some like me with a walking stick, some self propelled and two or three with a family member or friend each side practically carrying the poor soul up the steps.

My old mate Lesmack made his way up on his not very good leg and plonked himself in a seat in front of me. Enjoy your trip to America Les, you and Marj travelling first class is a well deserved treat and I am sure the wedding photos yo will be taking will be stunning.

Back to the story, Many stop and talk, no names known just the faces I see every game and a gentleman stopped to chat.
When he continued his climb Les said, "That's the benefit of coming to games, you meet nice people"

With the average age around me probably mid to late 60's and that's being generous, just think of the combined years of watching the boys in red and white.

I know our present predicament is a concern and I understand the hurt but the one thing that stands out around me is very little we are shit, very few boos, more a shake of the head and that smile that says I have seen it all before.

If you don't go to games but you fancy giving it a go again my advice, get a seat in pensioners corner, meet some great people and enjoy your day, despite those buggers on the pitch doing their best to spoil it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yesterday

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-15, 12:57 pm

Yes there is a great bond amongst SAFC supporters.

I always brag that we need and show resilience ... being red and white.

We will still have that bond next season.. whichever division we find ourselves in.

Results in this business are the be and end all...

Will be interesting to see how management are going to address the problem.

Alas two wins will not take us to mid table. It might if other teams dont play of course.
Four wins might do it from the team which has not won at home for nearly a year...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-10-16, 4:55 pm

All our troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though there here to stay.

For a change.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  ohgee on 2017-10-16, 8:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I took my seat at 1.30, some things never change.
My seat is at the end of the row so I see the same people, in the main the wrong side of 60 and they are the bairns in pensioners row,most struggle slowly up the stairs, some like me with a walking stick, some self propelled and two or three with a family member or friend each side practically carrying the poor soul up the steps.

My old mate Lesmack made his way up on his not very good leg and plonked himself in a seat in front of me. Enjoy your trip to America Les, you and Marj travelling first class is a well deserved treat and I am sure the wedding photos yo will be taking will be stunning.

Back to the story, Many stop and talk, no names known just the faces I see every game and a gentleman stopped to chat.
When he continued his climb Les said, "That's the benefit of coming to games, you meet nice people"

With the average age around me probably mid to late 60's and that's being generous, just think of the combined years of watching the boys in red and white.

I know our present predicament is a concern and I understand the hurt but the one thing that stands out around me is very little we are shit, very few boos, more a shake of the head and that smile that says I have seen it all before.

If you don't go to games but you fancy giving it a go again my advice, get a seat in pensioners corner, meet some great people and enjoy your day, despite those buggers on the pitch doing their best to spoil it.

I am of the same vintage and yes we have seen it all before and are generally more forgiving than the newer generations. BUT on Saturday I was seated near an old tw*t who from start to finish kept up a barrage of  foul-mouthed negativity and abuse against individuals as well as the team in general.

No one dared take him to task but I wonder why he even attended the game if he had such a down on the whole club. Is that masochism or sadism?

For me there were several chinks of light in the performance, players coming back to fitness needing time to gel with new team mates, a few bits of excitement amongst boring long ball episodes. Things will get better, just a question of time......
ohgee
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-16, 9:29 pm

ohgee wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I took my seat at 1.30, some things never change.

I am of the same vintage and yes we have seen it all before and are generally more forgiving than the newer generations. BUT on Saturday I was seated near an old tw*t who from start to finish kept up a barrage of  foul-mouthed negativity and abuse against individuals as well as the team in general.

No one dared take him to task but I wonder why he even attended the game if he had such a down on the whole club. Is that masochism or sadism?

For me there were several chinks of light in the performance, players coming back to fitness needing time to gel with new team mates, a few bits of excitement amongst boring long ball episodes. Things will get better, just a question of time......
APPL APPL APPL APPL

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-16, 9:37 pm

I saw the goals on LOOK NORTH this evening.

Was shocked at the empty spaces in the ground ....
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum