SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Is it enough
Today at 9:37 am by talcnturnip

» SUNDERLAND V MILLWALL--Match Day Thread
Today at 8:27 am by sunderpitt

» Coleman appointed
Today at 8:25 am by talcnturnip

» Saturday at The Stadium
Today at 6:27 am by gil t azell

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Nostalgic

» Ally, Ally, Ally
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by Hieronymus

» Must watch TV, IMO
Yesterday at 10:59 pm by Hieronymus

» One more who wont be coming then
Yesterday at 9:22 pm by Lever Malone

» ROBBIE STOCKDALE
Yesterday at 4:20 pm by cyprussyd

» Peter Reid's response when asked about Sunderland job
Yesterday at 3:25 pm by talcnturnip

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

talcnturnip, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-14, 9:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NORTHERN ECHO


HE is presiding over a club that has not won a home game in the whole of 2017, but Simon Grayson still sees no reason why Sunderland cannot feature in the promotion shake-up at the end of the season.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] head into this afternoon’s game with QPR looking to end a horrendous run that has seen them play 16 consecutive matches at the Stadium of Light without recording a victory.
Their last win on home soil came when Patrick van Aanholt scored the only goal of the game against Watford on December 17, and their struggles in the current campaign see them lying two points adrift of safety in 23rd position in the Championship table.
They hardly look well positioned for a promotion push, but having targeted a return to the Premier League when he agreed to take over on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the summer, Grayson insists it is still far too early to be downscaling ambitions. The top-flight might look a long way off at the moment, but Sunderland’s boss is adamant things can change quickly in the Championship.
“We don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves but our attitude and aspirations have not changed from what they were at the start of the season,” said Grayson. “We are a big football club in the Championship whose ambition is to get back into the Premier League, but so too is every other club’s as well.
“Just because you are a big name does not give you an automatic chance of getting back up there. You have to work hard and hope that things go for you.
“We still think we have an opportunity. We’re not saying we’re going to suddenly turn this around and go unbeaten until the end of the season. It would certainly be nice if we could, but we have got to be positive in everything we do and just see where it takes us.”
In particular, Grayson is drawing inspiration from Sunderland’s last spell in the second tier. Back in the 2006-07 season, the Black Cats lost their first four matches of the season under the temporary control of manager-chairman [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and slumped to the bottom of the table.
Roy Keane replaced Quinn at the end of August, and things immediately improved with successive wins over West Brom, Derby and Leeds, but Sunderland were still in 19th position in mid-October.
They did not force themselves into the top half of the table until the middle of December, but were eventually crowned champions on the final day of the season.
Having assembled a new squad on August transfer-deadline day, it took Keane a couple of months to start moulding a successful team, and it was only really in the second half of the season that Sunderland clicked at both ends of the field.
Grayson was also extremely busy towards the end of the summer transfer window, eventually signing ten new players, and he remains confident things will improve once his new arrivals are settled and fully fit.
“His (Keane) team showed it’s not impossible,” he said. “It does not matter where you are in September. No one wins a title or wins promotion in September or October. It’s where you are in April, May that really matters.
“We have good players coming back and that is going to be key to us. Over the last few weeks, no disrespect to the players who have been on the bench, but you turn around and think you’re not quite sure if you can change things with the subs.
“Now I know with the 18 on Saturday, it’s different and there will be players who can’t get into the 18 too. With players coming back, all that can have a big impact on the squad because players will be looking over their shoulders.
“If you have a few players left out of the squad or on the bench and you’re in the team, you’ve really got to perform to keep in the team. Every successful team is based on a good squad and a group pushing each other.”
Even so, though, is talk of promotion not pushing things? Can Sunderland really overcome such a disappointing start to be genuine contenders in the top half of the table come May, especially when they are extremely unlikely to be big spenders in the January transfer window?
“Yes, because in this league, everybody can beat everybody,” maintained Grayson. “A couple of wins back to back gets you right up the table, and we’ve all said that if you get this place going with a few good results, it can really snowball into a real positive place, home and away. Then, this becomes a real fearful place for the opposition to play.
“We are positive in our approach about what we need to do over the next month or so. Let’s just concentrate on the QPR game, and after that Brentford, but there is no reason why we can’t climb right up the table because of the players we have in the dressing room. This club has good players, and good players can win you matches.”
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-14, 9:07 am

Well, there you go....

All is not lost after all ...

Very Happy
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-14, 9:15 am

Well after Moyes' negativity it is a different and more welcome approach. I am certainly one who believes in the power of positive thinking and there are thousands of fans who would love him to be right Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8555
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-14, 9:18 am

Well said Simon, far to many who only see doom and gloom ahead and if you say we are stuffed often enough one day you will be right.

All that said I will be happy mid table and would only want promotion with new owners and investment in place.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-14, 9:43 am

He's not only shite but delusional as well.  Laughing
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-14, 10:20 am

Thought Quinn was in charge for the West Brom game not Keane? If I recall Keane was there but, played no part in that win and signed straight after the game, could be wrong. If every team can beat every team then why have we only beaten one team?
Having said that its good to have a manager who believes we can actually win promotion this season and fair play to him especially after Moyes threw in the towel before we even kicked a ball however right he was. Like most on here I believe this season is all about survival and, after our first run of games we should just about do that, just. Like syd I think promotion will be better for us with new owners not Short, that will only happen with the investment that Keane got for those August signings way back and not the £1.5 mil for ten players he was given so far.
Rock and a hard place for Grayson however, I believed he would be out of his depth with us when he came but, was willing to give him a chance. My opinion has not changed he is out of his depth with us and, coupling that with Shorts lack of funding our now annual season long struggle against relegation will continue.
Will it be a great escape if we narrowly avoid it this year or will it be what we all expect?

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-14, 11:11 am

Yes, we are all desperate to see some green shoots of recovery...

Very Happy

avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-10-14, 8:58 pm

Positivity from a manager is just what players need to hear however if that positivity goes a little to positive, as I believe he's done in this instance then the seeds of disbelief will have been well and truly sown.
The chances of us playing off for promotion this season are so far off that to assume so in the business world would be considered an act of gross mismanagement resulting in your removal should you not achieve your stated goal.

To date our current return of points per games played assures us of relegation, regardless of how many times we win before the end of the season, fact. So with history recording that around 55 points see's an EFL team avoiding a nervous final fortnight one can assume we require a further 47 points from the 34 matches remaining.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe just maybe, the talk should be of successful small steps before learning to walk rather than the grandeur of being across the finish line first.

KTF at all times but with a dose of reality please.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9434
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-10-14, 9:51 pm

So what does he see that most of us do not?

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3607
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 79
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 7:02 am

Nostalgic wrote:So what does he see that most of us do not?
I neither see or want us to be winning promotion this season I do however see a winning team, yes maybe I am deluded or just stupid.

Yesterday we should have won, we did have the chances but when McGready is through on goal but misses the target you know it's just not happening but it will.

In Williams we do, IMO have a creator and yesterday they scored a goal they should never have scored against a makeshift defence.
We are now in the fine margin stages between win and lose, most see a table with us second bottom, I see a table with us  2 wins from mid table.

Will it be easy, no way but even with a squad shart on quality I do believe, I have to believe that with our injured players back and a bit of that much needed luck a win will see confidence grow and a few wins will transform us.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-15, 8:46 am

I hope you are right syd.

But the fact remains we do not have a finisher.
We have not won at home for almost a year !!!!

The defence is a sieve.
Yesterday  Benno likened it to Sunday morning football.

We can give anyone in this league a game.
But we lack the extra quality all over the team to make us better than the others overall.

That is why we are second bottom.

But I live in hope of course.
Always have done.
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 9:05 am

Silvers wrote:I hope you are right syd.

But the fact remains we do not have a finisher.
We have not won at home for almost a year !!!!

And yet we have scored in 10 games this season

The defence is a sieve.
Yesterday  Benno likened it to Sunday morning football.

Yesterday was a make shift defence due to injuries and illness

We can give anyone in this league a game.
But we lack the extra quality all over the team to make us better than the others overall.

Quality was on show yesterday for anyone wanting to see it, McGready in particular

That is why we are second bottom.

Second bottom or two wins from midtable

It's all about how we want to view realism and Benno always looks on the down side so I discount him and rely on what I see, the benefit of being there.


But I live in hope of course.
Always have done.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  gil t azell on 2017-10-15, 9:38 am

Like Syd I dont want promotion, unless we get new owners willing to put in massive investment, however I do believe at some point we are more than capable of moving up this division. 

Having watched a few games, nearly all poor quality, I still believe we will get into the top half quite easily once the team clicks and Grayson starts playing the Williams, McNairs etc and gets a settled team AND goes for wins at home instead of the negative attitude shown yesterday.

I do have concerns regarding our goalkeepers but overall although not happy I fully expect us to be OK.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4722
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 57
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-15, 9:56 am

Well, just for discussion, we need a massive 'take off' from somewhere...

to finish safe (never mind mid -table) we need to target 55 points.

Blackburn were relegated last season with 51 ...

to achieve 55 points we need 16 wins out of the next 34 games.... almost a win every other game. Is that going to happen ?

When will we start the run????

Are we good enough to beat Bolton in two weeks?
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 10:40 am

Silvers wrote:Well, just for discussion, we need a massive 'take off' from somewhere...

to finish safe (never mind mid -table) we need to target 55 points.

Blackburn were relegated last season with 51 ...

to achieve 55 points we need 16 wins out of the next 34 games.... almost a win every other game. Is that going to happen ?

When will we start the run????

Are we good enough to beat Bolton in two weeks?
That's why a good performance and result is vital next Saturday to make sure we at least go into back to back home games with some confidence.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-15, 11:14 am

gil t azell wrote:Like Syd I dont want promotion, unless we get new owners willing to put in massive investment, however I do believe at some point we are more than capable of moving up this division. 

Having watched a few games, nearly all poor quality, I still believe we will get into the top half quite easily once the team clicks and Grayson starts playing the Williams, McNairs etc and gets a settled team AND goes for wins at home instead of the negative attitude shown yesterday.

I do have concerns regarding our goalkeepers but overall although not happy I fully expect us to be OK.
But that is Graysons normal approach. We were warned by supporters of teams he has managed in the past that we would get fed up with his defensive tactics. And they were right. How many of us were happy to see two defensive midfielders start in a game we needed to win? I know we had sickness and injury in defence but, given it is 10 months since we last won at home, why not take a risk with a more positive approach?

Because he is terrified of losing, and that terror transmits to the players, the fans and the opposition. It makes it easy to score against us, makeshift defence or not, because everyone is scared of making a mistake, which makes stupid errors more likely to happen Mad

How can it be that WE know the only way to protect a poor defence is to go on the ATTACK! Go for goals, because we aren't likely to keep them out. Only when we were a goal down and Grabban and Williams came on did we look like a real threat. Yes, McGeady, can turn it on at any time, and he did have chances that he missed, and Watmore was lively, but they need help!

Williams needed to start instead of Catts. Williams is the one with the eye for a pass and was at the heart of the one decent creative move all day, that produced our goal. And given the devastating result for Wales, earlier in the week, I am sure he wanted to be out there playing and getting a win for himself, and us, to cheer everyone up.

I have given Grayson the benefit of the doubt until now, and accept the lack of investment makes the job very difficult. I am also sure Short won't want to sack him (not before Christmas at least).

But, as I have said previously, Blackburn were relegated with 51 points last season. Even looking at say 45 points for safety, that means we need an average around 1.1 points per game till the end of the season. Our current average is 0.67. Unless something changes, and quickly, we will be following Blackburn down to League 1 Crying or Very sad
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8555
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-15, 11:57 am

Our defence wasn’t the one that Grayson wanted due to injuries etc. however QPR had the same problems so that cannot be any sort of excuse.
Both teams yesterday were poor and as said yesterday both teams were terrified to lose hence the nailed on draw.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Argus on 2017-10-15, 5:15 pm

talcnturnip wrote:
Rock and a hard place for Grayson however, I believed he would be out of his depth with us when he came but, was willing to give him a chance. My opinion has not changed he is out of his depth with us


Preston finished in 11th place last season and the same the year before and they are currently lying in 5th place.

I'll bet most of us would have been happy with mid-table at the beginning of the season so how on earth can anyone really justify saying that Grayson is out of his depth?

When will people realise that we are no longer a 'big' club?

Yes, we have tremendous support (most of the time) and no, our supporters don't expect instant success (most of the time ) but like it or not we have not sat at the top table for many years.

It's common knowledge that the club is in complete disarray and coupled with our recent track record of despatching managers on a regular basis, doesn't make recruitment an easy job.

In fact I would imagine that we are considered the real poison chalice at the moment for players or non-playing staff alike.

I am certainly not happy with our current position but we need to be patient and give Grayson time because the alternative is unthinkable as I dread to think where we will have to look for a replacement.

________________________________________________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.
avatar
Argus
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 325
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 73
Location : Morpeth

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 6:02 pm

Argus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:
Rock and a hard place for Grayson however, I believed he would be out of his depth with us when he came but, was willing to give him a chance. My opinion has not changed he is out of his depth with us


Preston finished in 11th place last season and the same the year before and they are currently lying in 5th place.

I'll bet most of us would have been happy with mid-table at the beginning of the season so how on earth can anyone really justify saying that Grayson is out of his depth?

When will people realise that we are no longer a 'big' club?

Yes, we have tremendous support (most of the time) and no, our supporters don't expect instant success (most of the time ) but like it or not we have not sat at the top table for many years.

It's common knowledge that the club is in complete disarray and coupled with our recent track record of despatching managers on a regular basis, doesn't make recruitment an easy job.

In fact I would imagine that we are considered the real poison chalice at the moment for players or non-playing staff alike.

I am certainly not happy with our current position but we need to be patient and give Grayson time because the alternative is unthinkable as I dread to think where we will have to look for a replacement.
Very good post argus and love Grayson or loath him we really have no choice but to back him and the team. I have read a number of comments today about how bad he is, how other teams fans told us how bad he is but you are right, his record at Preston would do me right now.

I'm waiting for the list of managers we should go for, Big Sam would top my list but, and its the important but, would Sam or anyone else come with no money to spend and would any manager who would come do any better than Grayson.

I sat in the stadium yesterday well before any fans turned up and looked around, the view said it all, a big stadium for a big club but the mix of new red seats and the majority of pink seats looked tired and the club is the same, tired, old and dying.

But hang on I'm sure I heard all this last season and the season before, relegation, reduce the debt and rebuild was the cry.

Well that's what you have.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-15, 6:05 pm

Really  Grayson shod not come out with stupid  statements atm

He just makes himself out to be a serial liar and fantatist 

He should speak  the truth to power and say we need players in  asap

Our 2 keepers are below average and do not make the saves we need them to make.
Matthews had a stinker yesterday. Our best CB is collecting his bus pass soon. I could go through all the other positions as well...

We have 2 perhaps 3 decent players 

Still it can only get better can it not?
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6199
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-15, 6:53 pm

Not without an injection of quality.

That would appear unlikely unless one of us wins the euro lottery !

Very Happy
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14918
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-15, 6:57 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Really  Grayson shod not come out with stupid  statements atm

He just makes himself out to be a serial liar and fantatist 

He should speak  the truth to power and say we need players in  asap

Our 2 keepers are below average and do not make the saves we need them to make.
Matthews had a stinker yesterday. Our best CB is collecting his bus pass soon. I could go through all the other positions as well...

We have 2 perhaps 3 decent players 

Still it can only get better can it not?
He's just toeing the party line imo.
If he breaks that he'll probably get less than nowt to spend.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-15, 6:59 pm

Really  Grayson shod not come out with stupid  statements atm

He just makes himself out to be a serial liar and fantatist 

He should speak  the truth to power and say we need players in  asap

Our 2 keepers are below average and do not make the saves we need them to make.
Matthews had a stinker yesterday. Our best CB is collecting his bus pass soon. I could go through all the other positions as well...

We have 2 perhaps 3 decent players 

Still it can only get better can it not?
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6199
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-15, 7:46 pm

Agreed Argus however PNE are now 5th without Grayson, we are 23rd with him so nowhere near mid table at present, now we will hear the same old tired cries of “ who do we get in?” Well the answer to that would be anyone as they can only go one place worse.
Injuries are not an excuse as all teams have them, finances are our biggest stumbling block yet other teams also have these constraints, our team like it or not is poor all over the pitch mainly down to the policy of buying aged injury prone or just plain useless players. Grayson has added to that with players who are at best League 1 quality, players he said he wanted, Grayson is responsible for team selections which are at best strange, Grayson is responsible for tactics (again no plan A never mind a decent plan B), Grayson is responsible for training yet we fade badly towards the end of games.
In short mate he is out of his depth with us, granted his League 1 record is good but, his Championship record isn’t and, that is where we are.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2988
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-15, 8:09 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Agreed Argus however PNE are now 5th without Grayson, we are 23rd with him so nowhere near mid table at present, now we will hear the same old tired cries of “ who do we get in?” Well the answer to that would be anyone as they can only go one place worse.
Injuries are not an excuse as all teams have them, finances are our biggest stumbling block yet other teams also have these constraints, our team like it or not is poor all over the pitch mainly down to the policy of buying aged injury prone or just plain useless players. Grayson has added to that with players who are at best League 1 quality, players he said he wanted, Grayson is responsible for team selections which are at best strange, Grayson is responsible for tactics (again no plan A never mind a decent plan B),  Grayson is responsible for training yet we fade badly towards the end of games.
In short mate he is out of his depth with us, granted his League 1 record is good but, his Championship record isn’t and, that is where we are.
seems a fair question

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42872
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson - 'We can still win promotion'

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum