SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» A fine line
Yesterday at 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
Yesterday at 10:39 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by Nostalgic

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 2:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 2:32 pm by sunderpitt

» Our new music
Yesterday at 1:17 pm by vinkel

» Tomorrow Night - New Quiz Night at The Peacock (Every Tuesday)
Yesterday at 11:21 am by DanielFullard

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 9:43 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 5:03 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 112
2018-09-23, 10:58 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

I hope you don't mind Billy

Go down

I hope you don't mind Billy

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-13, 11:11 am

Listening to Billy and his struggles looking after his mum brought home even more the cruel side of the country we live in.

I have seen this cruelty, or maybe just ignorance first hand in my dealings with the welfare and caring system. The problem of course is easy to understand, the majority of us have no real interest in the system and its flaws or indeed those affected until it calls at their door or the door of a freind or loved one.

During all  my working live and I worked for 99.9% of that time not once did the Inland Revenue forget to collect the tax I owed so I know that I and I'm sure you paid in to the system in full.
But when the time came for me to get the help I had paid for to help me or Annette so many hoops needed to be jump through.

Part of Annettes health problems are mental health and she is neither mad or stupid but the hoops would have simply been to hard for her to face, she is not alone. For many a visit or contact to citizens advice or other agencies that help is just a no no so they struggle alone.

Let me make it clear, I am not saying Billy can't do it but many like Billy are consumed with looking after someone they love, they are tired, stressed and often scared,"Am I doing the right thing", they have had no training for what they are doing and all too often are getting no help.

Because of all of this it pisses me off big time when government ministers and MP's are trotted out to recite the same rhetoric about record funding, a system being designed and updated to help and on and on it goes, nice words but totally out of touch, in denial or simple no interest in these poor, sick people.

Add in the WASPI women, women who are real people who paid in and planned their lives in line with the system. The system is suddenly changed and all those plans are scuppered.

It's such a sad unfair and unjust country for so many but of course its a great country for others and not all are tories, their are members of all parties who have also let these people down.

Corbyn may well be a leftie with some mad leftie ideas but he also seems to me like a decent man who cares and a man with new ideas or maybe old ideas but certainly different ideas.

I honestly struggle to find anything that says he doesn't deserve a chance or how it could make things worse for me.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I hope you don't mind Billy

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-13, 11:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DWP ‘manipulated Access to Work figures to hide cuts and harassment’
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has been accused of manipulating statistics in an attempt to hide the ongoing barriers, cuts and harassment…
DISABILITYNEWSSERVICE.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-10-13, 12:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Listening to Billy and his struggles looking after his mum brought home even more the cruel side of the country we live in.

I have seen this cruelty, or maybe just ignorance first hand in my dealings with the welfare and caring system. The problem of course is easy to understand, the majority of us have no real interest in the system and its flaws or indeed those affected until it calls at their door or the door of a freind or loved one.

During all  my working live and I worked for 99.9% of that time not once did the Inland Revenue forget to collect the tax I owed so I know that I and I'm sure you paid in to the system in full.
But when the time came for me to get the help I had paid for to help me or Annette so many hoops needed to be jump through.

Part of Annettes health problems are mental health and she is neither mad or stupid but the hoops would have simply been to hard for her to face, she is not alone. For many a visit or contact to citizens advice or other agencies that help is just a no no so they struggle alone.

Let me make it clear, I am not saying Billy can't do it but many like Billy are consumed with looking after someone they love, they are tired, stressed and often scared,"Am I doing the right thing", they have had no training for what they are doing and all too often are getting no help.

Because of all of this it pisses me off big time when government ministers and MP's are trotted out to recite the same rhetoric about record funding, a system being designed and updated to help and on and on it goes, nice words but totally out of touch, in denial or simple no interest in these poor, sick people.

Add in the WASPI women, women who are real people who paid in and planned their lives in line with the system. The system is suddenly changed and all those plans are scuppered.

It's such a sad unfair and unjust country for so many but of course its a great country for others and not all are tories, their are members of all parties who have also let these people down.

Corbyn may well be a leftie with some mad leftie ideas but he also seems to me like a decent man who cares and a man with new ideas or maybe old ideas but certainly different ideas.

I honestly struggle to find anything that says he doesn't deserve a chance or how it could make things worse for me.
Well quite & you are exactly right.
Not trained. I've never had to look after old people before.
I'm just picking it up as I go along. I've had some tough jobs but this is the toughest ever.
Her arthritis is spreading & it's now in her elbow joints. She's normally quite manageable but last Monday was really bad.
She couldn't get out of bed & asked me to help her up.
So she's feebly gripping my left hand & I'm trying to pull her up & she's yelping at the pain in her arms.
I just didn't know what to do as I've never had to deal with this before.

I make sure she's had her meds of which she's on many, some of which I have to hide.
Make her a meal & I know she's fed.
I do everything in the house that your wife would normally do.
Except the ironing as apparently I don't do it right & I'm ex forces, lol.

Social Service have been great mind.
We've had £6k worth of work done to the house for nothing.
They ripped out the whole bathroom & fitted a wet room with a level access shower & also fitted anti slip access ramps outside.
Basically now, my whole house is adapted for a disabled person.

It's getting to the stage now like where she needs help in the shower.
Now the last thing I want to do is see my mam naked.
My sister helps out with that but sometimes my mam rebuffs it as she's trying to maintain some kind of independence.

TBH, imo she needs to be in a home but I'm not having it.
I'll struggle on best I can. Whether that's good enough or not remains to be seen.
She's wiped my arse plenty times when I was a baby. It's my turn now.

I can't drive anymore as I have epilepsy.
Also on beater blockers for anxiety & panic attacks.
Crossing the road scares me.
If she has a hospital appointment & I need to book transport I have to be crafty.
I have to tell them she can't get in a car & needs the ambulance with the tail lift otherwise they wont send one.
So that's what I do - bend the truth.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-13, 1:14 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Listening to Billy and his struggles looking after his mum brought home even more the cruel side of the country we live in.

Well quite & you are exactly right.
Not trained. I've never had to look after old people before.
I'm just picking it up as I go along. I've had some tough jobs but this is the toughest ever.
Her arthritis is spreading & it's now in her elbow joints. She's normally quite manageable but last Monday was really bad.
She couldn't get out of bed & asked me to help her up.
So she's feebly gripping my left hand & I'm trying to pull her up & she's yelping at the pain in her arms.
I just didn't know what to do as I've never had to deal with this before.

I make sure she's had her meds of which she's on many, some of which I have to hide.
Make her a meal & I know she's fed.
I do everything in the house that your wife would normally do.
Except the ironing as apparently I don't do it right & I'm ex forces, lol.

Social Service have been great mind.
We've had £6k worth of work done to the house for nothing.
They ripped out the whole bathroom & fitted a wet room with a level access shower & also fitted anti slip access ramps outside.
Basically now, my whole house is adapted for a disabled person.

It's getting to the stage now like where she needs help in the shower.
Now the last thing I want to do is see my mam naked.
My sister helps out with that but sometimes my mam rebuffs it as she's trying to maintain some kind of independence.

TBH, imo she needs to be in a home but I'm not having it.
I'll struggle on best I can. Whether that's good enough or not remains to be seen.
She's wiped my arse plenty times when I was a baby. It's my turn now.

I can't drive anymore as I have epilepsy.
Also on beater blockers for anxiety & panic attacks.
Crossing the road scares me.
If she has a hospital appointment & I need to book transport I have to be crafty.
I have to tell them she can't get in a car & needs the ambulance with the tail lift otherwise they wont send one.
So that's what I do - bend the truth.
I even do the ironing, we would make someone a great wife Billy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum