SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Former Tottenham / Sunderland defender Pascal Chimbonda signs for non-league club Washington FC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Former Tottenham / Sunderland defender Pascal Chimbonda signs for non-league club Washington FC

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-07, 11:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ex-Sunderland full-back will now turn out for the Northern League Division One side in the North-East of England

By Dave Fraser
7th October 2017, 9:43 am
Updated: 7th October 2017, 9:43 am

[size=16]FORMER Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda has signed for non-league club Washington FC... in the NINTH tier of English football.

The ex-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] full-back, 38, will now turn out for the Northern League Division One side in the North-East of England.

Former France international Chimbonda - who also turned out for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] during his career - has something of an affinity for the area.

As well as a stint at Sunderland for the 2008-09 season, the full-back also played for Carlisle United in 2013-14

On his move to Washington FC, in Tyne and Wear, Chimbonda said: "I’m very happy to be here and I’m just looking forward to playing.

"I spoke with the manager and we had a good chat and we started from there.

"I think the team need more character, like when you’re winning one-nil and there’s three or four minutes of extra time you have to be solid and don’t concede a goal.

"I think the more you play games the more confidence is coming and the players are more focused on the football pitch."

Meanwhile, Washington boss James Clark called the move a "statement of intent", saying: "It came about through a third-party contact.

"We’ve had associates that we’ve known for a long time so when the opportunity came up to sign Pascal it was something I couldn’t turn down.
[/size]
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Former Tottenham / Sunderland defender Pascal Chimbonda signs for non-league club Washington FC

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-10-08, 12:09 am

Hope he plays better for them than he ever did for us tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum