SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Mourinho sore loser
Today at 8:46 am by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Today at 8:35 am by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Today at 6:02 am by sunderpitt

» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

I am a fan but

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am a fan but

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-01, 10:01 am

I am a fan but I won't be joining the fan group, I wish them well but fear they may just add to the clubs many problems.

I am the ultimate optimist but even I can't hide from the absolute shambles my club have managed to create for us all, a shambles that even the elusive Mr Short must see. Let's be generous to Mr Short and say he means well but has just made mistakes, and that is certainly being generous, but even Mr Short must know that under his ownership he has dragged SAFC to depths not seen before, even the Mcmenemy period was not this bad.

So yes I can see why a fans group has been formed and yes I can see their agenda but for me the only solution in the end is new owners and we fans have little or no power to affect that. We have in Short the ultimate nightmare scenario, he wants out and Bain can shout loud and clear about Shorts commitment but the last transfer window would cast a massive shadow over that commitment. Financial fair play and the dire debt hanging over the club are reasons given for prudence and I am no financial expert but even a numpty like me knows that Grayson should and could have been helped out more with summer recruits if the owner was fully committed. Set aside the question of McCormacks attitude and affect just focus on the questions is he a striker, did he want to come and did Villa want rid, all three have the answer yes but we did not get him, IMO a committed owner would have found the cash needed.

My question to myself about a fans group was could a fans group help and I honestly can't see how it could. It may even have the effect of putting potential buyers off.

My gloom assessment of any effect I as a fan can have on the clubs future is we can do little about the tenure of Elis Short, staying away from games may well be a good principled act but will it force Short out, IMO no. All it does is take support away from the team who we need to perform. Staying away or booing and walking out may get the manager sacked but it won't remove Short and Shorts removal is the only real solution.

Surely a full stadium and successful team will be more attractive to new owners than half empty stadium and a struggling team. Sacking Grayson only adds to the picture of a club in turmoil and is an extra drain on resources.

So my fans action is to support the team and manager by turning up and trying to help rather than stay away and hinder.

IMO we don't need a fans group, we need fans to turn up and create an atmosphere of positive support, hard yes and I doubt it will happen.

I do however wish the new fans group well because we all want the same outcome, we are all fans but like any set of sports fans we will have many differing ideas on how we arrive at the same destination, Short out and a better run successful club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following on from their official launch last week, Supporter’s group the ‘Red and White Army’ have requested a meeting with the Sunderland owner and CEO.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I am a fan but

Post  vinkel on 2017-10-01, 10:50 am

To me this fans group is just a twist on the old saying " too many chiefs and not enough indians ".

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-10-01, 11:03 am

This is not new 
In the 70s we had a successful Sunderland supporters association.
There was a rival supporters club formed ( can't remember there name )
I say rival maybe not but why form it in the first place I don't know much  about 
Supporters groups today though.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-10-01, 11:26 am

I have recently joined the Norwich City Supporters Society, for the princely sum of £12 per year, we are all joint shareholders in the club, at present we are the 14th largest shareholder. Our chairman gets to meet with the board and coaching staff to have any questions we may have answered by them!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-01, 11:53 am

cyprussyd wrote:I am a fan but I won't be joining the fan group, I wish them well but fear they may just add to the clubs many problems.
Totally agree here mate. 

I am the ultimate optimist but even I can't hide from the absolute shambles my club have managed to create for us all, a shambles that even the elusive Mr Short must see. Let's be generous to Mr Short and say he means well but has just made mistakes, and that is certainly being generous, but even Mr Short must know that under his ownership he has dragged SAFC to depths not seen before, even the Mcmenemy period was not this bad.
Making mistakes in the first couple of years is fair enough but, constantly making the same mistakes for 6/ 7 years is unforgivable. 
Hence the first part of this the absolute shambles we find ourselves in. 

So yes I can see why a fans group has been formed and yes I can see their agenda but for me the only solution in the end is new owners and we fans have little or no power to affect that. We have in Short the ultimate nightmare scenario, he wants out and Bain can shout loud and clear about Shorts commitment but the last transfer window would cast a massive shadow over that commitment. Financial fair play and the dire debt hanging over the club are reasons given for prudence and I am no financial expert but even a numpty like me knows that Grayson should and could have been helped out more with summer recruits if the owner was fully committed. Set aside the question of McCormacks attitude and affect just focus on the questions is he a striker, did he want to come and did Villa want rid, all three have the answer yes but we did not get him, IMO a committed owner would have found the cash needed.
Fans groups achieve sod all mate except label the ordinary fans like ourselves deluded. 
However well meaning they start off as, these groups always descend into in fighting and ultimately disbanded. 

My question to myself about a fans group was could a fans group help and I honestly can't see how it could. It may even have the effect of putting potential buyers off.
Not sure it would put them off mate, I can see it being used as a publicity tool. With the new owners (hopefully) turning up at meetings etc. etc. 

My gloom assessment of any effect I as a fan can have on the clubs future is we can do little about the tenure of Elis Short, staying away from games may well be a good principled act but will it force Short out, IMO no. All it does is take support away from the team who we need to perform. Staying away or booing and walking out may get the manager sacked but it won't remove Short and Shorts removal is the only real solution.
Spot on mate. 

Surely a full stadium and successful team will be more attractive to new owners than half empty stadium and a struggling team. Sacking Grayson only adds to the picture of a club in turmoil and is an extra drain on resources.
The successful team will come first before the SOL starts filling up again, the Short years have put paid to that. 

So my fans action is to support the team and manager by turning up and trying to help rather than stay away and hinder.
People support the team in different ways mate, Grayson saying in effect if you don’t go you can’t criticize is wrong. 

IMO we don't need a fans group, we need fans to turn up and create an atmosphere of positive support, hard yes and I doubt it will happen.
You never know mate. 

I do however wish the new fans group well because we all want the same outcome, we are all fans but like any set of sports fans we will have many differing ideas on how we arrive at the same destination, Short out and a better run successful club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Following on from their official launch last week, Supporter’s group the ‘Red and White Army’ have requested a meeting with the Sunderland owner and CEO.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum