SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 4:29 pm by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Today at 4:18 pm by Hieronymus

» Déjà vu
Today at 3:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I had a dream
Today at 3:12 pm by Hieronymus

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Fitness update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fitness update

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-30, 9:03 am

Marc Wilson will miss the trip to Preston North End with a groin injury but Duncan Watmore is closing in on a return to the first team duties. 
Watmore, who has been out for nine months, is also closing in on a return to first team duties and is expected to be in the travelling squad. Simon Grayson, Sunderland manager. He won't be involved for the Under-23s against Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League Cup at Hetton tonight (KO 7pm), Simon Grayson has confirmed. Grayson was giving little away in terms of his involvement this weekend, only confirming that he is set to play for the Under-23 side against Doncaster Rovers in the Checkatrade Trophy group game on Tuesday but Watmore is set to travel to Deepdale. On Watmore, Grayson said: "Duncan won't play tonight [for the Under-23s]. "He will probably be left for Tuesday [Checkatrade Trophy match] and then the Under-23 game against Hertha Berlin after that. "He has trained all week, we will see what happens. "Ipswich was probably going to be too early, he played on the Sunday for the Under-23s and he has a plan where he can't do too much after a heavy load on his knee, whether it is a game or a training session. "He has a specific plan and he has stuck to that and not missed a training session. "We will keep analysing on a daily basis." When pressed on whether Watmore will travel to Preston, Grayson added: "We will have to wait and see." 

Wilson, meanwhile, came off six minutes into the second half of the 5-2 thrashing at Ipswich Town and Grayson has confirmed he will miss the trip to Deepdale on Saturday afternoon. Other central defensive options available to Grayson include recalling Tyias Browning or handing John O'Shea his first Championship start of the season alongside Lamine Kone. 

There was brighter news elsewhere though with Jonny Williams, who missed the Portman Road defeat through illness is expected to be involved. Grayson said: "Marc Wilson will probably miss the game, he has been carrying a bit of a groin for the last two or three games but managed to get through until just after half time on Tuesday night. "He won't be available. It gives somebody else the opportunity to come into the team. 
"McManaman and Williams have trained so we will see if they are going to be fit enough and strong enough to get through the 90 minutes or coming off the bench." 

Striker Lewis Grabban, who has been out with a hamstring injury, is back doing light work with the club's physios at the Academy of Light but is still a few weeks away from a return. Grayson added: "Lewis is back out on the grass in terms of light work with the physios but he is still going to be a few more weeks yet, the hamstring was not a few days it was a few weeks. "He is making progress, 

Josh Maja isn't far away from being back with us and I think he will be back joining in training next week, Hertha Berlin game he might be available too. "You get them players back and get the extra game time under the belt for one or two others then the squad looks a lot healthier and there is quality and competition for places, which is what we need." 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fitness update

Post  Roker roar on 2017-10-02, 12:10 am

Quality Syd? Without putting anyone down I think that's why we are on the position we are because of the lack of. Agree with a majority of the rest however, but, without a shadow of a doubt we lack quality in every department. Sorry to say but its a fact. We can't rely on crossing our fingers and hope the players coming in will change our fortunes to the degree of seeing a total turn around....I just hope it improves us enough to get to a more stable position....but, quality we have not. Sorry.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-10-02, 8:24 am

I have to disagree if you put our squad player for player against other teams it is in my opinion much better I think it's the way we are playing and all of the chopping and changing, we should have enough to be in a lot better position than we are now
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-02, 8:41 am

I agree paddocklad and see it over and over again. When we play we can play well and certainly have the quality to do well in the championship, by well I mean top half not top 2.

But game after game we have seen a poor defence not knowing what they are doing but we have rarely seen the same defence and one player Kone is good when he wants to be but he no longer has any interest in playing for us.

We are creating chances and even managing to score but we are let down by goals against.

Grayson must settle on a team, especially the keeper and back 4 and stick with them, the weak link through age will be OShea so use Wilson to back him up.

I can see Mcnair replacing Cattermole when fit.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-02, 9:16 am

A turn around must happen very soon otherwise we will be cast adrift once again.

I'm cheered that we managed two goals last weekend.
We got a good point. 
Could that be down to the presence of O'Shea ?
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-10-02, 9:56 am

silvers wrote:A turn around must happen very soon otherwise we will be cast adrift once again.

We got a good point. 

Who knows perhaps PNE's defence  is bad as ours (or any Scouse team)

Watmore and Mcgready look to have something about them, pity Defoe is not here to take advantage.

As for defence I think we are missing Pickford and we cannot come up with a good 3 or 5 at the back. When was the last time we had a clean sheet? Catts and N'Dong are not playing as well as we hoped.

Still it is sunny and very windy and joy of joy I am about to be surrounded by legions of toddlers
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-02, 11:15 am

sunderpitt wrote:
silvers wrote:A turn around must happen very soon otherwise we will be cast adrift once again.

We got a good point. 

Who knows perhaps PNE's defence  is bad as ours (or any Scouse team)

Watmore and Mcgready look to have something about them, pity Defoe is not here to take advantage.

As for defence I think we are missing Pickford and we cannot come up with a good 3 or 5 at the back. When was the last time we had a clean sheet? Catts and N'Dong are not playing as well as we hoped.

Still it is sunny and very windy and joy of joy I am about to be surrounded by legions of toddlers
Of course we miss Pickford, any team would but not surprisingly I don't share the pessimistic view, if we say we are crap often enough we can guarantee we will be right.

OShea may be slow and aging but his leadership and organization was needed IMO, we let one poor goal in and one unstoppable goal but we also scored.

October is a very big month for us and with 3 home games the fans, IMO can make a big difference by turning up and creating a winning atmosphere.

Only two excuses for me for missing the QPR game, hospital in patient and geography and on geography lesmack does a trip from the Scottish borders and he is not well and in his 70's.

That should create a reaction.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-10-02, 8:53 pm

We got a good point. 
A stablising influence without a doubt..

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-10-02, 9:06 pm

What about McNair?
A future captain of SAFC imo and a big physical presence in midfield or central defence.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-02, 11:17 pm

gil t azell wrote:What about McNair?
A future captain of SAFC imo and a big physical presence in midfield or central defence.
Cattermoles replacement IMO

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-10-03, 5:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:What about McNair?
Cattermoles replacement IMO
Could be right mate Catts has been shot for the last couple of seasons all injuries I know but we can’t afford injury prone players.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-10-03, 6:58 pm

Change the title to Injury as we don't do fitness at SAFC.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum