SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

'stay at home' Sunderland supporters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'stay at home' Sunderland supporters

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-29, 11:52 pm

Twitter reacts to Simon Grayson's comments on 'stay at home' Sunderland supporters Sunderland's travelling support 

ROSS GREGORY Email Published: 16:26 Friday 29 September 2017 

Fans have reacted angrily towards Simon Grayson's latest comments in relation to Sunderland's support and their criticism of the team. Speaking at his his press conference to preview tomorrow's trip to former club Preston North End, Grayson said: "I accept there is a lot of frustration around. Simon Grayson "Results like this will bring people out of the woodwork who have probably never been to Ipswich on a Tuesday night, or not really been up and down the country. 

"On the other side there are supporters who have done that who have a right to voice that opinion." And it's fair to say it's got the back up of a number of fans on social media. Here's a summary of what fans have been saying... 

@shellsy87 Is there an excuse handbook passed on from manager to manager at Sunderland? @deanSAFC76 Rule 1 when managing a football team, do not criticize the fans. Rule 2 do not criticize the fans. @LdoubleE_87 Sorry I was on holiday like Grayson, I'll keep my opInion that you are totally out of your depth to my self since I wasn't at Ipswich. @LBarks72 Easy to criticise Grayson’s comments and they don’t read well but he’s under huge pressure and strain probably beginning to tell. @JeebazSandals He's not fit to manage/coach this club, said for a while now he's way out of his depth. Things will only get worse at #safc while he's here @WiseMenSayPod Those comments from Grayson are a bit odd mind. Not sure how they will galvanise support. Suggesting only certain fans have a right to an opinion, suggesting we played okay at Ipswich when some saying it's worst in 18 years #SAFC @DavidNunn73 Grayson's head well and truly gone with those comments, a man who knows he's out his depth I feel #safc @aamroyal I've never been to Ipswich on a Tuesday night so next time I'm in the Stadium of Light I shall just sit in silence & be grateful #SAFC @CopleyMoz Grayson failing to take into account the flailing socio-economic state of the city when criticising stay-away fans is very misguided. #SAFC

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 'stay at home' Sunderland supporters

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-30, 12:22 am

Hmmm... the buzzards are gathering.....
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-30, 7:17 am

I know Larry's hands are tied but he really hasn't a clue.
Always chopping & changing the defence. 3 at the back & next game 5, wtf?!
Another performance like Ipswich & Shorty may well pull the trigger.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-30, 8:33 am

Sounding more and more like a man under pressure.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-30, 9:13 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sounding more and more like a man under pressure.
I saw the 'highlights' from the Ipswich game.
Three of them goals came from corners & in every case, no c**t was marking the near post.
That's the sort of thing they teach you at school ffs!
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-09-30, 3:55 pm

Our home support has been a negative issue for years, but this season has been worse than ever..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-09-30, 8:09 pm

Two wins in a row and it will wake a few thousand up.  Supporters voting with their feet is the norm.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-30, 8:48 pm

One win in a row will be welcome..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-10-01, 12:27 pm

Sadly 5 years of relegation battles and losing games at home on a regular basis (a year since our last home win) has worn down a lot of our fans and they are staying away....many will return when the team start winning again and the atmosphere will lift in the stadium... hopefully this will happen soon
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-10-02, 2:15 pm

Wouldn't go near theplace or even buy a sticker with anything to do with safc on it. I wouldn't put another penny into shorts pocket. Staying away and buying nothing is the only way to force him to sell.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-02, 2:16 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Sadly 5 years of relegation battles and losing games at home on a regular basis (a year since our last home win) has worn down a lot of our fans and they are staying away....many will return when the team start winning again and the atmosphere will lift in the stadium... hopefully this will happen soon

it's supposed to be 'entertainment'

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-02, 2:33 pm

Roker roar wrote:Wouldn't go near theplace or even buy a sticker with anything to do with safc on it. I wouldn't put another penny into shorts pocket. Staying away and buying nothing is the only way to force him to sell.
And people accuse me of being a dreamer.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-10-02, 2:40 pm

..LOL...

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-10-02, 2:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Roker roar wrote:Wouldn't go near theplace or even buy a sticker with anything to do with safc on it. I wouldn't put another penny into shorts pocket. Staying away and buying nothing is the only way to force him to sell.
I would say deluded and blinded first. My opinion, that is all buddy. I hear the black "n" whites around hear and to be quite frank you're the equivalent in the red "n" white order. Your comment on "the quality" at the club made me actually lol. Not many (if it's ever happened)  have quality player at the bottom of the championship be f*cked....haha...Dream on buddy, dream on.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-10-02, 3:06 pm

Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I would say deluded and blinded first. My opinion, that is all buddy. I hear the black "n" whites around hear and to be quite frank you're the equivalent in the red "n" white order. Your comment on "the quality" at the club made me actually lol. Not many (if it's ever happened)  have quality player at the bottom of the championship be f*cked....haha...Dream on buddy, dream on.
If by being a black and white equivilant you mean support through thick and thin then yes, guilty as charged. And yes I do feel we do indeed have some quality along with some journeymen, could we do with more quality, yes we could but we are were we are.

Staying away will have no effect on Short, he wants out and will go on his terms and whatever we say or do won't affect that. Not buying a shirt for £50.00 or whatever they are again will have no effect however smaller crowds may well influence potential buyers, one of our selling points is our loyal fan base, how does a half full stadium paint that picture?

Am I deluded or blind, well I know the state the club and team are in, probably better than you because I see them close up at every home game but you are right, I will support them through thick and thin because for me it's what supporters do.

Its easy to support during the good days. Just my opinion mind, nothing else.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-10-02, 3:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
If by being a black and white equivilant you mean support through thick and thin then yes, guilty as charged. And yes I do feel we do indeed have some quality along with some journeymen, could we do with more quality, yes we could but we are were we are.

Staying away will have no effect on Short, he wants out and will go on his terms and whatever we say or do won't affect that. Not buying a shirt for £50.00 or whatever they are again will have no effect however smaller crowds may well influence potential buyers, one of our selling points is our loyal fan base, how does a half full stadium paint that picture?

Am I deluded or blind, well I know the state the club and team are in, probably better than you because I see them close up at every home game but you are right, I will support them through thick and thin because for me it's what supporters do.

Its easy to support during the good days. Just my opinion mind, nothing else.
Nice little twist of things....I went during the third division games....every away game I might add. I just don't agree with short ripping the piss out of everyone....it's not going to be me. The new "red" "n" white army " group just created.... I wonder who they will be wanting to talk to first....speaks volumes really. Please don't twist this post.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-10-02, 8:47 pm

While this is still an open wound that hurts, lets not forget the efforts that have gone into finding an way of us staying up. For me, Short did his part by looking for manager to do that hence the high turnover of them and we got maybe three more years than we deserved.  The supporters did theirs by eventually getting behind the team when they did get some of the essential end-of-season wins and survival looked a possibility.  However, look deeper and we were deluding ourselves to bring success on faster than we could handle when stability should have been the watchword..

Some years ago supporters would not even consider the likes of Pulis or Hughes and especially Sam, as they would not take us "to the next level".  We ended up with who we got through default in the need to survive.

Of course Short made mistakes but so did the managers  but he made the tough decisions and had we got Moyes when Short tried to originally get him six years ago when we had more money to spend, then maybe we would have stabilised and avoided our current situation.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-10-03, 9:55 am

Sunderland have the 16th highest average attendance in the country (28,438).
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum