SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Mourinho sore loser
Today at 8:46 am by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Today at 8:35 am by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM
Today at 6:02 am by sunderpitt

» Wolverhampton Wanderers V Sunderland AFC Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Kipper

» Walking Fottball
Yesterday at 6:09 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» I know we should be the last to call anyone
Yesterday at 8:58 am by oldblackcat

» Jermain Defoe World Class Goal for Bournemouth Against Palace .
Yesterday at 8:49 am by oldblackcat

» January target ?
Yesterday at 8:33 am by cretanmakem

» Quiz 75
2017-12-09, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» It's bloody cold
2017-12-09, 8:35 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D, SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-27, 9:56 am

We have all bemoaned the lack of a striker but we score goals, not many but some but our defense if we dare call it that.

Big Sam is the master at turning round teams and when asked how his answer was a simple one, stop them scoring and you can't lose. But we all know that the secret of a strong defence is get your best back 4, work and drill them hard then stick with them.

We started the season with a back 4 of Jones..Kone..Browning..Galloway and the weak link was Galloway so we replaced him with Oviedo.

I have lost count now of the back 4's we have had but its a lot and yesterday we managed to have a right back at left back so that we could play the left back on the wing and Browning who for me looked good is gone.

A lack of signings and quality sees us lose but a lack of a back 4, Graysons choice, saw us let in 5, IMO.

On Saturday we visit Preston, Graysons old team, do you think they will be motivated for this game?

I will keep on supporting and keep on hoping but my team are doing anything but make it easy. Another hammering on Saturday will probably see Short wanting to pull the trigger but if he did who the hell would come here, well I suspect quite a few out of work managers would, they would be assured a big payday and a big pay off.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-27, 10:37 am

Yep stop yhem scoring and you do not lose... score a few and you may well win.

We lack quality up front and at the back

We are frankly atm stuffed.... Grayson may well be sacked but given what he has had to work with it is no wonder we are in trouble... unless Short makes funds available to the incumbent or a new manager results will not change
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-27, 10:46 am

Last nights team selection was, wtf do i do now/desperation. Call it what you will. Grayson has made some strange decisions subs/team, but none more so than feckin about with the defence  (dropping Ruiter for no apparent reason) swapping players around, no wonder they don't understand what they are supposed to do if the manager doesn't. 
It's the act of a man lost of a system. True he was given nothing to work with , but surely he must have had a plan, something to build on. Obviously some players still want away, and some need shifting on, dont play them give others a chance, at least put square pegs in square holes. Put out a team that will perform, a team playing in their best positions. Something the fans will appreciate and support.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-27, 10:47 am

sunderpitt wrote:Yep stop yhem scoring and you do not lose... score a few and you may well win.

We lack quality up front and at the back

We are frankly atm stuffed.... Grayson may well be sacked but given what he has had to work with it is no wonder we are in trouble... unless Short makes funds available to the incumbent or a new manager results will not change
But at the start of the season I thought we did have some quality at the back, certainly championship quality in Kone/Browning/Oviedo and Jones is a strong championship player but we keep changing the back 4

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-27, 11:19 am

Well, whatever the reasons , we are now deep in the brown claggy stuff...

Bottom line (and we are at the bottom).. if we aim for a mere 50 points to survive then we need another 44 points, that is 15 wins in 36 games. 
i.e.  win just about every other game.

Looks a bit iffy to me..

Something has to change to arrest the swan drive.

I hope Short thinks that too.  He is the man that matters.
Bain is just his mouthpiece..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-28, 11:04 am

silvers wrote:Well, whatever the reasons , we are now deep in the brown claggy stuff...

Bottom line (and we are at the bottom).. if we aim for a mere 50 points to survive then we need another 44 points, that is 15 wins in 36 games. 
i.e.  win just about every other game.

Looks a bit iffy to me..

Something has to change to arrest the swan drive.

I hope Short thinks that too.  He is the man that matters.
Bain is just his mouthpiece..
Yes, Blackburn were relegated last season with 51 points. I can't see where our next point is coming from  Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-28, 12:05 pm

The demise has only just begun....by the time short strips us completely we will be in some shit. That team would struggle in league one.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-28, 12:09 pm

We're f*cking shite & we'll get even shiter under Shorty's watch.
Hello league 1, what's it like down there?
Bradford, Scunthorpe, Rotherham.
All canny away trips for the diehards & not too far.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-09-28, 3:30 pm

Billy D wrote:We're f*cking shite & we'll get even shiter under Shorty's watch.
Hello league 1, what's it like down there?
Bradford, Scunthorpe, Rotherham.
All canny away trips for the diehards & not too far.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
"What's it like down there?" Has a few meanings Billy but as you are talking about Div 1 I'll tell you, it's grim.  I still cringe remembering Wycombe Wanderers doing the double on us.

I didn't go to any away matches that season but I know plenty who did and you're right, they had a ball.  Oddly enough it was so bad it seemed to revitalise the fans and therefore the whole club.

Unfortunately the loss of revenue is a hell of a big cloud to put a silver lining around though.  

Hope you stabilise soon and kick on from there.
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-28, 3:43 pm

We have been there of course in the 1980s..
Hundreds of mags turned up for the last game to witness our relegation
It was a bit different that season.
We were third bottom I think on 48 points. Third bottom team joined in the playoffs (to stay up)
..... we didnt !!
Smile
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-09-28, 8:03 pm

this was the team against Norwich, our best performance of the season

Steele, Jones, Browning, Kone, Galloway, Cattermole (Gibson 73), Ndong, Honeyman, McGeady (Gooch 84), Grabban (O’Shea 86), Vaughan.

and at Ipswich

Steele, Jones, Wilson (O’Shea 51), Kone, Matthews, Oviedo (Gooch 56), Cattermole, Gibson, McManaman (Honeyman 66), McGeady, Vaughan.

Not a huge change in personnel, but the balance is all wrong.

I would play Ruiter and stick with him!
Wilson has not added anything in my opinion to the defence. Alas neither Galloway or Oviedo has been able to cope with pacey wingers, but I would focus on Oviedo's experience and stick with Jones, Browning, Kone and Oviedo ...... drill them on that training pitch for hours and hours.

So, who and how many do we stick in front of them, Wilson? Catts?, Ndong or MacNair when fit ............ NOT Gibson or Rodwell. Again make a choice and stick with it!!

I believe we have enough talent in front of this lot to manage in this division, once we get them all fit, but we MUST sort the bloody defence out first.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-28, 8:38 pm

Oh dear or oh deer?
I've no eye deer.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-28, 8:40 pm

Mackemneil wrote:this was the team against Norwich, our best performance of the season

Steele, Jones, Browning, Kone, Galloway, Cattermole (Gibson 73), Ndong, Honeyman, McGeady (Gooch 84), Grabban (O’Shea 86), Vaughan.

and at Ipswich

Steele, Jones, Wilson (O’Shea 51), Kone, Matthews, Oviedo (Gooch 56), Cattermole, Gibson, McManaman (Honeyman 66), McGeady, Vaughan.

Wilson has not added anything in my opinion to the defence. Alas neither Galloway or Oviedo has been able to cope with pacey wingers, but I would focus on Oviedo's experience and stick with Jones, Browning, Kone and Oviedo ...... drill them on that training pitch for hours and hours.

So, who and how many do we stick in front of them, Wilson? Catts?, Ndong or MacNair when fit ............ NOT Gibson or Rodwell. Again make a choice and stick with it!!

I believe we have enough talent in front of this lot to manage in this division, once we get them all fit, but we MUST sort the bloody defence out first.
like like like

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-28, 8:45 pm

I just accept the fact that we are shite & probably be in league 1 next season.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-28, 8:52 pm

Billy D wrote:I just accept the fact that we are shite & probably be in league 1 next season.
And it seems many feel the same Billy and I fully understand why. My problem is that I don't give in that easy and I believe being a supporter means you support through the good and the bad times, not easy I know but along with around 20,000 others I will syick with them and go to all home games.

I also don't think we are shit, we are just playing like we are and my hope and hope is all I have is that we improve.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-28, 9:02 pm

Mackemneil wrote:this was the team against Norwich, our best performance of the season

and at Ipswich

Fair point MN however, Norwich were truly awful that day their worst game this season we caught them just right. 
It’s not the defence or attack it’s the whole team attitude and total lack of talent that is the problem. You just don’t buy/loan 10 players for £1.5 mil and think they’ll be good enough.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-28, 9:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Billy D wrote:I just accept the fact that we are shite & probably be in league 1 next season.
And it seems many feel the same Billy and I fully understand why. My problem is that I don't give in that easy and I believe being a supporter means you support through the good and the bad times, not easy I know but along with around 20,000 others I will syick with them and go to all home games.

I also don't think we are shit, we are just playing like we are and my hope and hope is all I have is that we improve.
Please don't misunderstand me fella.
I am full of admiration for people like yourself, Jerry, Nick & all the others who buy their season cards every year regardless.
Folk like that bloke you mentioned the other night who even go to reserve games have my utmost respect.
I've never been that committed.
I was away a lot so found it difficult to get to games.
Wasn't too bad when I was based in Catterick as you could just jump the train to Durham on your days off.
However, when they sent me to Aldershot I was restricted to away games in the SE.
Even when I was home, going to the match was just an incidental part of a day out.
I sometimes wonder how I didn't end up in custody more times than I did.
Since I had the brain haemorrhage I just can't be arsed with it anymore.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum