SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

gil t azell, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Simon Grayson is speaking to the press

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-25, 1:41 pm

Grayson said: "I am a big admirer of Mick [McCarthy] and a good friend of his. Last year he was getting criticism, but he just overrides it and gets on with his job.

"Lets go there and put on a performance and we can get our season going again."

Sunderland boss on dealing with the pressure

"I will take as much pressure off the players, that is my job. I don't get too despondent, or too carried away when we are winning games.

"I am disappointed in where we are, it hurts because I am a manager of a football club that wants to get results. We are all in this together and will fight our way through it.

"I have enough games and years under my belt to know we are not too far away from getting results. 

"That will help us along the way. Nobody likes to be on the run we are on at this moment in time. We have to work hard."

We are all in this together. We are not far away from getting some positive results. "Players coming back from injury will help. We have to keep believing we are doing the right things and we believe we are."
Simon Grayson

Injury update

"Duncan played 70 minutes on Sunday and looked very good. He could have scored a few goals. I was pleased with what he did. We have to go with the medical department as to when he is back, hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
"We are training this afternoon, lets see how the others are."

At a club like Sunderland you expect to be higher up the division but if you take four of five key players out of the team then that has gone against us. "We won't use it as an excuse, we have to do the fundamentals better."
Simon Grayson
On whether he thought SAFC should be doing better

Is the club in freefall?

"Anybody who has seen the last couple of performance have seen we are doing okay but it hasn't been good enough to get results.

"Players have to take responsibility. Nobody can guarantee anything but there is a long way to go.

"That is what we are concentrating on. We all care about the club. Nothing is won or lost in September."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Grayson revealed: “It wasn’t decided before. I was surprised and I wasn’t sure who was taking it. It is a good sign Gooch demands to take it. Great for him."
Simon Grayson
On Sunderland's penalty

“It’s a depressing feeling. “We’ve come here to win the game and we haven’t done that. “We’ve let ourselves and everyone else down – no-one in that dressing room is happy at the minute."
James Vaughan
Sunderland AFC striker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“No club is too big to go down. You’ve had Man City, Leeds, Forest – big teams who have gone down into League One. “We are not thinking about that. But we must be aware of where we are."
Simon Grayson
Sunderland manag

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Grayson is speaking to the press

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-25, 2:06 pm

Good words.

Total opposite to David Moyes !

Alas, words don't win games.

Hope he turns it around very soon.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-25, 2:16 pm

I did not listen to the 'presser' but this forum is positive about it... RTG reckons he said we are going to be relegated and should be sacked

Surprised
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-25, 2:37 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I did not listen to the 'presser' but this forum is positive about it... RTG reckons he said we are going to be relegated and should be sacked

Surprised
What he said was he could not guarantee we would not be relegated, maybe its why I avoid RTG

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-25, 3:02 pm

Is it just me or have we heard all this before? Dressing room upset and angry about a defeat, the manager saying he respects another manager just before we play them? IMO anyway lots of empty platitudes it’s action and goals we need not more excuses before we even play them.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-25, 4:05 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Is it just me or have we heard all this before? Dressing room upset and angry about a defeat, the manager saying he respects another manager just before we play them? IMO anyway lots of empty platitudes it’s action and goals we need not more excuses before we even play them.
Would you prefer him to say we are rubbish, will probably get beat and relegated?

I know I'm becoming a loan voice on here but the players on Saturday in the main did OK and are what they are. We can either take the so called realistic approach and talk defeat and relegation od we can do all we can to be positive and hope it turns.

For me that's our two choices and it's also Graysons.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-25, 4:48 pm

So you haven’t heard all this before then syd?
The players on Saturday did half a job mate if they had done a proper job we would have won. Also go back through any of my posts this season and you will not find one saying we are relegated, shite yes relegated no.
As for Grayson he is beginning to sound like all who have come before him, excuse after excuse. A lot of those who played Saturday were his players, his team if you like playing his tactics and, no matter how positive an outlook you or me have it’s down to the eleven on the pitch not being good enough, not being fit enough or well trained enough to do a job, that is down to Grayson.
I am a bit too realistic for some on here but, I also give people a chance to prove me wrong every time and not just follow blindly hoping (there’s that word yet again) that a player will be excellent for us when they have been shite for everyone else. That a manager with a poor record will suddenly become the new Alex Ferguson, this is Sunderland syd it just doesn’t happen for us.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-25, 5:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Is it just me or have we heard all this before? Dressing room upset and angry about a defeat, the manager saying he respects another manager just before we play them? IMO anyway lots of empty platitudes it’s action and goals we need not more excuses before we even play them.
Would you prefer him to say we are rubbish, will probably get beat and relegated?

I know I'm becoming a loan voice on here but the players on Saturday in the main did OK and are what they are. We can either take the so called realistic approach and talk defeat and relegation od we can do all we can to be positive and hope it turns.

For me that's our two choices and it's also Graysons.

We expect the manager to be reasonably positive, so that is a plus.

However, we are in the bottom three so of course people will talk about relegation.  How could they not.

But am sure everyone HOPES things will turn around. How could they not.

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum