SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Wow...just wow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow...just wow.

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-23, 11:36 pm

That showing nevermind how blinkered or indeed how full your glass is must have you down...down being the operative word as sadly that's where it's heading at this precise moment and to be fair we aren't looking like we can compete in every department on the field...you reap what you sow and by god we're reaping it now. Ellis short has sadly sacked this club into oblivion. Again, where will this end? I think we all know it won't be upwards...what a shambles....keep away and force the tw*t out.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Wow...just wow.

Post  paddocklad on 2017-09-23, 11:54 pm

You can put as much positive spin on this as you like but the awful truth is that we were once again today shocking, shorts plans for the club are coming home to roost you need to remember short has made most of his millions from asset stripping which is excactly what he has done to our club
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-09-24, 12:39 am

If you think it's bad now just wait to see what happens with next  Crying or Very sad

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-24, 9:12 am

How sad a post. Many or maybe its just a few seem to think that anyone who tries to be positive has no understanding of what is going on, something I find quite insulting TBH.

Unlike many who proclaim the end of the world I watched the game live and we played with heart and determination but sadly we simply don't have the quality needed, its not the players fault or the managers so I wont be getting on their backs, I will do what supporters do, support.

Administration is, IMO, just round the corner and again that's not the players fault, the managers fault or indeed the fans fault.

I and all who try hard to be positive are neither stupid or blind.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-24, 9:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:How sad a post. Many or maybe its just a few seem to think that anyone who tries to be positive has no understanding of what is going on, something I find quite insulting TBH.

Unlike many who proclaim the end of the world I watched the game live and we played with heart and determination but sadly we simply don't have the quality needed, its not the players fault or the managers so I wont be getting on their backs, I will do what supporters do, support.

Administration is, IMO, just round the corner and again that's not the players fault, the managers fault or indeed the fans fault.

Never meant to offend anyone, sorry you feel as though this was directed at you. Not every post has you in mind. Can you enlighten me as to why it's such "a sad post"? In which parts/parts am I wrong. Apologies again for any offence you think I've thrown your way.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-24, 9:48 am

I try to be positive about a good game syd, Christ I was hoping we would manage a draw yesterday just to get another point on the board and, that unfortunately is the reality of our predicament. The blame game will go on and on and, to be honest I don’t give a shit about who’s fault it is anymore. What I do give a shit about is who can sort it out.
Grayson has for the last 3 games been blind to what is happening on the pitch yet, in his interviews after the game says exactly what we see, he has 2 games to turn it around for me then he will be sacked. Again though who else do we get with our pathetic squad and owner?
I saw yesterday’s highlights (not a full game) and we were poor, maybe down to the early goal and back to “ same old Sunderland.” Either way still poor.
Like you say mate we lack quality, quality that Grayson seemed to think those players had either in training or when he brought them to the club, effort A, attainment D.
The things we don’t want are
1. A fans pressure group, they never work and make the ordinary decent fans look like deluded fools
2. Fighting among ourselves about who is to blame
What we need now more than ever is UNITY as is often said the fans will be here until the end of time, players and owners are just blips on the radar, who disappear when more money comes into view. One thing we all have on here is our unrequited love for SAFC, whether it’s through a half empty glass or a half full one.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-24, 9:58 am

Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:How sad a post. Many or maybe its just a few seem to think that anyone who tries to be positive has no understanding of what is going on, something I find quite insulting TBH.

Never meant to offend anyone, sorry you feel as though this was directed at you. Not every post has you in mind. Can you enlighten me as to why it's such "a sad post"? In which parts/parts am I wrong. Apologies again for any offence you think I've thrown your way.
The sad thing is, you need to be toĺd it's a" sad post ".

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-24, 10:02 am

Don't agree there Syd, administration to me is neither an option or the answer. Short leaving is the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-24, 10:24 am

Short has for the past 12 months or so 'cut his nose to spite his face' we needed a support for Defoe, Moyes tried to do it on the cheap with Anchovy but he was always injured, then Tinkerman denied him Ulloa. Not enough goals relegated. This season Short has denied Grayson funds to get in a couple of strikers, hence no goals and we are relegation fodder.

Yes money is very tight and we have loans, some of which is to the owner, so if he wrote his debt off, or even paid off the bank loan and freed up some money for strikers we would have change.

Atm we are stuffed. Yesterday I saw lots of good stuff Vaughan never stopped trying and won lots of headers (but he is not a goal scorer) but only Gooch tried to get on the end of them. Matthews started at Right Wing back we then them switched to a back four with him at LB and Ovideo at left midfield and they both had good games.

Grayson must be furious with the players for the first goal, cos it is a set move by Cardiff that they always do, a lump from the keeper, flick on, flick on then volley, so they had 3 touches and scored and out lot could not stop it. Just not good enough I am afraid.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-24, 10:34 am

Yankee boy needs forced out weather that would be via a quinn esq takeover I don't know I just know he needs kicked out of our club. The only way I can see forcing him out is by not going to games or by not buying anything to do with the club. When the pot is empty he'll sharp be off as there will be nowt more the weigh in.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-24, 10:48 am

talcnturnip wrote:I try to be positive about a good game syd, Christ I was hoping we would manage a draw yesterday just to get another point on the board and, that unfortunately is the reality of our predicament. The blame game will go on and on and, to be honest I don’t give a shit about who’s fault it is anymore. What I do give a shit about is who can sort it out.
Grayson has for the last 3 games been blind to what is happening on the pitch yet, in his interviews after the game says exactly what we see, he has 2 games to turn it around for me then he will be sacked. Again though who else do we get with our pathetic squad and owner?
I saw yesterday’s highlights (not a full game) and we were poor, maybe down to the early goal and back to “ same old Sunderland.” Either way still poor.
Like you say mate we lack quality, quality that Grayson seemed to think those players had either in training or when he brought them to the club, effort A, attainment D.
The things we don’t want are
1. A fans pressure group, they never work and make the ordinary decent fans look like deluded fools
2. Fighting among ourselves about who is to blame
What we need now more than ever is UNITY as is often said the fans will be here until the end of time, players and owners are just blips on the radar, who disappear when more money comes into view. One thing we all have on here is our unrequited love for SAFC, whether it’s through a half empty glass or a half full one.
Good post talc, and agree with you wholeheartedly. We all support the club in our own ways and while we are helpless to affect the current situation with the owner, we can be sure of one thing WE, THE FANS, ARE NOT TO BLAME for this mess the club is in!!

Everyone is free to express the passion we have for our club and everyone will do this in a different way. Some are angry, some sad, some fearful, some indifferent, some bored, some retain that spark of hope, but many are feeling helpless. It is just the way human beings are.

Debate is good, but the written word can often come across much sharper than intended so we just need to be a little careful when posting. I learned a good habit many years ago, before social media became a thing. Never respond immediately to an email that makes you angry. Possibly write a response but save it as a draft, and return to it later, even the next day. It is amazing how giving your brain time to absorb what was really being said, could often change how you replied.

Let's just remember, whatever the problems with SAFC are, WE are its greatest asset, and one the club cannot sell for profit. Short will move on eventually, and there will be good times ahead for us again in the future.  Our fantastic fans will settle for nothing less, I am certain of that.

KTF love sunderland
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-24, 11:23 am

vinkel wrote:

Don't agree there Syd, administration to me is neither an option or the answer. Short leaving is the answer.
I'm not saying its the answer Vink but the word on the street is it will happen

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-24, 11:26 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

With dwindling crowds and obviously sales it's surely a matter of time. This is honestly like a nightmare this, I can't believe this is actually happening to us.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-24, 11:27 am

Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:

With dwindling crowds and obviously sales it's surely a matter of time. This is honestly like a nightmare this, I can't believe this is actually happening to us.
The Coxhoe bus is far from the font of all knowledge but that feeling is that administration is just round the corner

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-24, 2:30 pm

I am no businessman nor do i know much of finance, so in idiot proof terms what good would administration do. As Short owns the club and apparently it's Short the club owes money to.
So in my little world Short owes money to himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-24, 3:22 pm

vinkel wrote:I am no businessman nor do i know much of finance, so in idiot proof terms what good would administration do. As Short owns the club and apparently it's Short the club owes money to.
That seems to be the long and SHORT of it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-24, 3:34 pm

There is different forms of administration. If had one that enabled us to write off the debt, a chunk of which is to Short....so why he would allow that to happen, unless he is on his uppers I do not know.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-09-24, 7:00 pm

sunderpitt wrote:There is different forms of administration. If had one that enabled us to write off the debt, a chunk of which is to Short....so why he would allow that to happen, unless he is on his uppers I do not know.
He already has a number of those vehicles and amongst them, there's one called called SAFC!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-24, 8:38 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:There is different forms of administration. If had one that enabled us to write off the debt, a chunk of which is to Short....so why he would allow that to happen, unless he is on his uppers I do not know.
He already has a number of those vehicles and amongst them, there's one called called SAFC!

I agree

Our main creditor I think is the Finance Company (owned by Short).
If Short took us into administration then it would be his way of releasing us from that particular debt. 
Am sure the non-payment would be tax deductible for him !

But can't see it happening.
The club  'debt' is a monetary asset for his company.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-25, 12:51 am

vinkel wrote:I am no businessman nor do i know much of finance, so in idiot proof terms what good would administration do. As Short owns the club and apparently it's Short the club owes money to.
Massively high interest loans to himself....£100,000,000 to be precise.....the club is only £130,000,000 in total debt....it's in his and his investors not to pay it off. Money for nothing and will get it back when the club is sold. He is in the midst of "asset stripping" basically to take back the money he's owed and will ultimately double the initial outlay once sold.....still receiving astronomical interest from the loans then receiving his loan in full once sold. He has no intention of selling at the minute however as the interest and profit from anything saleable is his main objective till ee're bled dry. Think about it....why the f*ck would he care, he's most probably in terms of interest already gained back his initial investment in f*cking interest.....tw*t.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum