SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The Martin Bain Interview

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Martin Bain Interview

Post  canary-dave on 2017-09-19, 3:01 pm

Building a team has to start from the back. Defence is paramount

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-19, 3:23 pm

That's absolutely fine Syd.

We don't have to understand why some peoples' glasses are half empty, we just need to accept that they are.

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-19, 3:26 pm

silvers wrote:That's absolutely fine Syd.

We don't have to understand why some peoples' glasses are half empty, we just need to accept that they are.

Very Happy
Forums are for debate I believe.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-09-19, 3:30 pm

So between you, you seem to be saying our attack isn't very good and our defence isn't very good. Any hope for the midfield? Smile
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-19, 3:36 pm

Of course.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-19, 3:51 pm

Kipper wrote:So between you, you seem to be saying our attack isn't very good and our defence isn't very good. Any hope for the midfield? Smile

There is always hope.

During the Napoleonic wars those out front who attacked the enemy first were called, I believe, 'The Forlorn Hope'
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-19, 4:20 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:So between you, you seem to be saying our attack isn't very good and our defence isn't very good. Any hope for the midfield? Smile

There is always hope.

During the Napoleonic wars those out front who attacked the enemy first were called, I believe, 'The Forlorn Hope'
That phrase sums up SAFC supporters current positions perfectly: -

The Forlorn Hope that we will get a 20 goals a season striker from somewhere;
The Forlorn Hope that the defence will stop making stupid mistakes that instantly get punished;
The Forlorn Hope that we find a creative midfielder who can chip in with goals and assists;
The Forlorn Hope that our injured players will come back and be the great players everyone knew they were (while they were injured);
The Forlorn Hope that Grayson will quickly settle on a team that can play for 90 minutes because so far his subs have cost us points;
The Forlorn Hope that the Sultan of Brunei decides to get in on the English football act, and buys Short out and invests £500m in players;
The Forlorn Hope that one day the pink seats will all be replaced by lovely new red (or white or black or yellow) ones;
The Forlorn Hope that this season we will win a trophy;
The Forlorn Hope that our club will one day be half as good as our supporters deserve.

The Forlorn Hope indeed Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-19, 4:47 pm

Lots of hope for the reason I have pointed out.

DEFENCE
Across the back 4 Kone and Browning looked solid but both full backs a doubt, Oviedo sorts LB and it looks like Mathews at RB

ATTACK
Vaughan off the mark, Watmore coming back with Maja.

MIDFIELD
OK and will improve with Mcmanaman and Williams more game time and the return of McGready

The team IMO will be

RUITER
MATHEWS KONE BROWNING OVIEDO
CATTERMOLE  NDONG
MCMANAMAN  MAJA/WATMORE MCGREADY
VAUGHAN

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-19, 6:27 pm

As Horatio stated, i also remember the club saying money was put asside for the Alvarez case in the event it went against us.
So is Bain being lied to or is Bain lying to us. One way or another some fecker is telling porkies.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-19, 6:36 pm

Well can I say well done Mr Bain, you have achieved the impossible, brought some life to SunderMad

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-19, 6:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well can I say well done Mr Bain, you have achieved the impossible, brought some life to SunderMad
Next time i see him speak, i will focus on his nose. To see if it grows. Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-09-19, 8:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well can I say well done Mr Bain, you have achieved the impossible, brought some life to SunderMad
But isn't negativity and hyper-criticism the watchwords on here now.

I am as big a realist on this board as is our right, but we have been poor for years leading to this.  Might be worth renaming it Pandora.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-19, 9:19 pm

vinkel wrote:
Next time i see him speak, i will focus on his nose. To see if it grows. Very Happy .

If I may say a very gentlemanly way of saying he is a lying f*cker
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-09-19, 9:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Still have a very much half full glass in Coxhoe.

And also in this part of Morpeth for what it's worth.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-19, 9:42 pm

vinkel wrote:As Horatio stated, i also remember the club saying money was put asside for the Alvarez case in the event it went against us.
So is Bain being lied to or is Bain lying to us. One way or another some fecker is telling porkies.
The accounts for year ending 31 July 2016 (p 29, Section 21 (b)) state that no provision was made for the Alvarez money, as it was not expected for the case to be found against the club. It is hard to understand if that is what they meant mind, with the legalese double negative in that statement!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Notice that the amount went up by £2m since the previous year (GBP losing 15% value compared with Euro after Brexit vote, plus additional legal fees, possibly?).

For me this is just more evidence of mismanagement, if our legal 'experts' advised the club so badly, or perhaps the club were not really listening to the advice properly.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-09-20, 10:12 am

Maybe the thing to do is just try to ignore the bull behind the scenes and concentrate on the way the team are playing. With the personnel we've got now, I do have some hope. A wedge of luck to go with that would see us nicely. Let's just have this maximum effort and fight that Grayson has been talking about. That takes teams a long way rather than dropping heads at conceding a goal.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-20, 10:16 am

Kipper wrote:Maybe the thing to do is just try to ignore the bull behind the scenes and concentrate on the way the team are playing. With the personnel we've got now, I do have some hope. A wedge of luck to go with that would see us nicely. Let's just have this maximum effort and fight that Grayson has been talking about. That takes teams a long way rather than dropping heads at conceding a goal.
Exactly. We all know we are in a mess but we can do nothing about it.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-09-20, 10:27 am

Same old same old. It appears, as previously said, that all sales go to retiring debt. Therefore it it appears bloodly obvious that any sales are irrelevant to the future. Therefore what is the future?
oxfordshire
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-20, 11:42 am

oxfordshire wrote:Same old same old. It appears, as previously said, that all sales go to retiring debt. Therefore it it appears bloodly obvious that any sales are irrelevant to the future. Therefore what is the future?  
The future is very positive hopefully but we start from a very low point because of mismanagement.

This season it will be to stabilize and finish mid table with any major assets like Kone sold in January or the summer to further reduce debt. In will come more loans and McGready type signings and who knows, promotion next season and even a new owner.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: