SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 7:58 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

catinexile, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-16, 6:07 pm

Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup
Wed 20 Sep
KO 19.45
Goodison Park

With players cup tied and a massive home game at the weekend lets hope we don't go for all out win.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-09-20, 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-16, 6:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Wed 20 Sep
KO 19.45
Goodison Park

With players cup tied and a massive home game at the weekend ou lets hope we don't go for all out win.

Play Rodwell, hope he gets injured nothing nasty like. Just enough to keep him out for the rest of the season.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-09-16, 6:23 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if Carlsberg did posts.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-16, 6:37 pm

Watmore played for U23's vs Man City today and scored a penalty after 6 mins (finished 2-2).

He was taken off at half time so maybe he is almost ready for first team and Wednesday mught be a good one to start him?

Otherwise we have to play same team we started with today surely?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-16, 11:37 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
[size=30]Wed 20 Sep[/size]
[size=30]KO 19.45[/size]
[size=30]Goodison Park[/size]

With players cup tied and a massive home game at the weekend ou lets hope we don't go for all out win.

Play Rodwell, hope he gets injured nothing nasty like. Just enough to keep him out for the rest of the season.
What happened to the supporting the players to the hilt? Not booing them! He's finished, shocking granted but haway buddy...I above all feel the frustration however. It's Ellis bastard short the anger should be vented on. We're in the doldrums now. Let's wish for a wind in our sails and of course a bit luck to aid our coarse.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-17, 8:43 am

Roker roar wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
[size=30]KO 19.45[/size]

What happened to the supporting the players to the hilt? Not booing them! He's finished, shocking granted but haway buddy...I above all feel the frustration however. It's Ellis bastard short the anger should be vented on. We're in the doldrums now. Let's wish for a wind in our sails and of course a bit luck to aid our coarse.
Rodwell, dear dear me. he is never going to have a career with us. I stick by what i said about booing players, but Rodwell has a demoralising effect on players and supporters alike. For his and the clubs sake don't let him in the first team again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-09-17, 9:08 am

vinkel wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
[size=30]KO 19.45[/size]

Rodwell, dear dear me. he is never going to have a career with us. I stick by what i said about booing players, but Rodwell has a demoralising effect on players and supporters alike. For his and the clubs sake don't let him in the first team again.
I was speaking to JJ about him last night.
He's never gonna win the fans over with his inept performances.
He's had a fair crack of the whip & wasted his chances.
Best for all concerned if he moved on.
Of course, we have no chance of getting anywhere near of what he's cost us back.
He'll probably just run down his contract.
Nobody is gonna be daft enough to pay him anything close to what he's on here.
Another f*ck up by Maggie.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-17, 9:13 am

Billy D wrote:
vinkel wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
[size=30]KO 19.45[/size]

I was speaking to JJ about him last night.
He's never gonna win the fans over with his inept performances.
He's had a fair crack of the whip & wasted his chances.
Best for all concerned if he moved on.
Of course, we have no chance of getting anywhere near of what he's cost us back.
He'll probably just run down his contract.
Nobody is gonna be daft enough to pay him anything close to what he's on here.
Another f*ck up by Maggie.
Spot on Billy, like it or not we are stuck with him. It's a great shame because he must have something for Man City to want him in the first place but for whatever reason that early potential has evaporated and we are paying the price. We will never know but if Grayson had brought Gooch on yesterday instead of Rodwell would we have held on?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-09-17, 9:26 am

Can't understand why Roswell gets a game over gooch every time I've seen gooch he's like an energiser bunny the total opposite to Roswell should just pay him off and get rid.............then again can't imagine short doing that
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-09-17, 10:02 am

How many years left on his contract?

If he is to run down his contract and leave for free, we might as well let him go now. We both benefit: He has the opportunity to revive his career somewhere else, better suited to abroad; we get him off the wage bill and even though he may be a nice lad, his presence and introduction to a game does not lift the spirits of the rest of the team.

Grayson can't think much of him, if he is on the bench and reluctant to use him. I feel that when all are available he will not be on the bench.

If he goes now, it gives Grayson the knowledge that in the next window he has a wage budget to work with.

Get on with it Bain!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-17, 11:11 am

Here's hoping he decides to go on strike we don't pay him and we don't play him, having said that is he not one of our top scorers this season?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-17, 5:47 pm

Mackemneil wrote:How many years left on his contract?

If he is to run down his contract and leave for free, we might as well let him go now. We both benefit: He has the opportunity to revive his career somewhere else, better suited to abroad; we get him off the wage bill and even though he may be a nice lad, his presence and introduction to a game does not lift the spirits of the rest of the team.

Grayson can't think much of him, if he is on the bench and reluctant to use him. I feel that when all are available he will not be on the bench.

If he goes now, it gives Grayson the knowledge that in the next window he has a wage budget to work with.

Get on with it Bain!
Yes I totally agree.

From Wikipedia "On 5 August 2014, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] announced that Rodwell had signed a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £10 million."

I expect that contract will end on June 30th 2019 and, if he is on £37k a week (http://sillyseason.com/salary/sunderland-players-salaries-85625/) with 93 weeks to go that would cost us a further £3.5m in wages plus all the other costs associated with employing him.

So we should offer him £2m to go now as a free agent so he can restart his career elsewhere, hopefully with less expectations on him, and at a more realistic wage so the fans don't use it as a stick to beat him with.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-17, 6:32 pm

Not sure his wages are a stick to beat him with H more likely his inability to kick a football properly that is stick enough.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-17, 6:46 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Not sure his wages are a stick to beat him with H more likely his inability to kick a football properly that is stick enough.
True! Laughing

I feel for him though because he showed so much promise as a youngster and I can only think that the injuries and the lack of game time when at Man City, have taken their toll mentally as well as physically. It is such a shame and a salutory lesson to youngsters to be wary of going to so called 'big' clubs to sit on the bench.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-17, 7:11 pm

Agreed about Man City feel they thought he was the next Messi but, he was IMO bought at the wrong time just as Ciry were buying in a team who were way better then him from the off. As you say any young players who think the money is better than actual game time and improving their game should think again. Probably won't listen to us or even heed Rodwells lesson mind.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-09-18, 9:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Wed 20 Sep
KO 19.45
Goodison Park

With players cup tied and a massive home game at the weekend lets hope we don't go for all out win.

Everton's form isn't any better than ours at the moment (yes I know they're in a different league). It might be useful to go for a win to get some momentum going. We've gone from a dismal performance against Sheff Utd, to a half decent performance next game in which we were unlucky to lose, to a game we almost won but drew. Next step is a win. A win would make the players feel a whole lot better about themselves and go into the weekend's game with renewed confidence. Naive maybe.

Not sure I'll be able to tell what Grayson's thinking is from the line-up anyway. I expect the new boys to play because they could do with match time rather than rest. Maybe he'll rest N'Dong. What will it mean if Rodwell plays - that he's throwing the towel in or he trusts him?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-18, 9:33 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Wed 20 Sep
KO 19.45
Goodison Park

Everton's form isn't any better than ours at the moment (yes I know they're in a different league). It might be useful to go for a win to get some momentum going. We've gone from a dismal performance against Sheff Utd, to a half decent performance next game in which we were unlucky to lose, to a game we almost won but drew. Next step is a win. A win would make the players feel a whole lot better about themselves and go into the weekend's game with renewed confidence. Naive maybe.

Not sure I'll be able to tell what Grayson's thinking is from the line-up anyway. I expect the new boys to play because they could do with match time rather than rest. Maybe he'll rest N'Dong. What will it mean if Rodwell plays - that he's throwing the towel in or he trusts him?
Not naive at all IMO but the right way of thinking. Season after season I see the team written off before Christmas, I'm told it's being realistic. I much prefer your positive realism kipper, a far better place to be IMO but that's only an opinion on an internet forum.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-18, 10:14 am

It would be nice to have a win....
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-09-18, 11:45 am

Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Not sure his wages are a stick to beat him with H more likely his inability to kick a football properly that is stick enough.
True! Laughing

I feel for him though because he showed so much promise as a youngster and I can only think that the injuries and the lack of game time when at Man City, have taken their toll mentally as well as physically. It is such a shame and a salutory lesson to youngsters to be wary of going to so called 'big' clubs to sit on the bench.
I think yours and talcnturnips following post just about sums up Rodwells time at City.

It was unfortunate for the lad as he seemed to be constantly injured and whenever he wasn't it was a real struggle for him to get back into the flow.  Like all fans going to a match you try and pick the team and I can't remember Rodwells name coming up once.

I honestly thought Rodwell going to yourselves would be good for both parties and I'm sorry it's not worked out like that.

If I could work miracles I'd get City to buy him back for 50 mil and then loan him out to Man Ure.  He'd play every week Very Happy
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-18, 12:06 pm

... LOL...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-20, 9:15 am

Well its here, matchday again and although this is usually of little interest its a game I am looking forward to.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-20, 9:24 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
True! Laughing

I think yours and talcnturnips following post just about sums up Rodwells time at City.

It was unfortunate for the lad as he seemed to be constantly injured and whenever he wasn't it was a real struggle for him to get back into the flow.  Like all fans going to a match you try and pick the team and I can't remember Rodwells name coming up once.

I honestly thought Rodwell going to yourselves would be good for both parties and I'm sorry it's not worked out like that.

If I could work miracles I'd get City to buy him back for 50 mil and then loan him out to Man Ure.  He'd play every week Very Happy
That would certainly be the ideal solution ! Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-20, 9:28 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well its here, matchday again and although this is usually of little interest its a game I am looking forward to.
Me too. It is Mr H's birthday today, and we have even postponed going out to dinner to celebrate, so we can follow the match on the radio Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-20, 9:50 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well its here, matchday again and although this is usually of little interest its a game I am looking forward to.
Me too. It is Mr H's birthday today, and we have even postponed going out to dinner to celebrate, so we can follow the match on the radio Laughing
WellI hope one part of his birthday makes him miserable but happy birthday for the rest.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2017-09-20, 10:30 am

Well one of you will be happy
oxfordshire
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down